Forecast for 2008/2009 (6 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
I would hope for a top 4 finish and a good run in the C.L, however, that depends on our defense. Chiellini is improving game after game and he is simply a rock at the back, Mellberg is an improvement from Criscito, De Ceglie is better than Molinaro, however, none of these players barring CHiellini can be considered world class or even in the same level with Milan or Inter's defenders let alone the teams in the C.L.

We have a very strong attack and a promising midfield. I think we're fairly solid in the middle, but then again we don't even compare to the linkes of Milan and Inter.

Our problem is that we're a good team, but we're only a good team. we aren't a championship winning team at the moment, and we won't be for at least another 2-3 years.

Then again, most of us were expecting a 7th or 8th place finish last term. For a good part of the season, we were competing for second and were bit too far away from third.

Our team has improved in all departments, and with a little luck, we may be able to win something this year.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, we bought Poulsen for 9.75m eur while Milan bought Ronaldinho for 22m eur, not 18m eur. Only here the difference is 12.25m eur.

We'll pay 6m eur for Poulsen's wages this year (including taxes) while Milan will pay 13m eur for Dinho's wages, including taxes. Here the difference is 7m eur.

12.25+7 = 19.25m eur, only for this year.

Ronaldinho signed 3 years contract. Milan will have to pay 39m eur only for his wages in these three years. Plus the 22m transfer fee, you get the number 61m eur for 3 years.
For the same three years Juve will pay 18m eur for Poulsen's wages +9.75 his transfer fee = 27.75m eur.

The difference for the 3 years is 33.25m eur.

Of course, it's Ronaldinho we're talking about and he may bring even more money than what Milan spent for him.
99% Ronaldinho will turn out to be a better transfer than Poulsen, i'm not denying that.
But people should know that the difference between Dinho and Poulsen wasn't 8m eur only. :)
I'm tired of this wage bullshit, Alen. We cannot keep justifying stuff based on wages because it's just retarded. I'd rather take a chance on Ronaldinho and pay some astronomic number for his performances instead of paying 10 million for Poulsen. This is Juventus FFS bro.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I would hope for a top 4 finish and a good run in the C.L, however, that depends on our defense. Chiellini is improving game after game and he is simply a rock at the back, Mellberg is an improvement from Criscito, De Ceglie is better than Molinaro, however, none of these players barring Chiellini can be considered world class or even in the same level with Milan or Inter's defenders let alone the teams in the C.L.

We have a very strong attack and a promising midfield. I think we're fairly solid in the middle, but then again we don't even compare to the likes of Milan and Inter.

Our problem is that we're a good team, but we're only a good team. we aren't a championship winning team at the moment, and we won't be for at least another 2-3 years.

Then again, most of us were expecting a 7th or 8th place finish last term. For a good part of the season, we were competing for second and were bit too far away from third.

Our team has improved in all departments, and with a little luck, we may be able to win something this year.
Milan's defense is actually worse than ours. Also, the Milan's and Inter's supposed superiority in midfield was proved to be non-existant last season when they clashed with us. They might be a little better but not that much of a difference. We are almost on par with them. I think only Roma can dominate us in the midfield. Our attack is by far the strongset now with the addition of Amauri. We will be a hard team to beat, no walk in the park. I think you are seriously underrating our team. I agree with you that defense is probably the weakest link of our team and will be seriously exposed against top teams in Champions League.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I'm tired of this wage bullshit, Alen.
We cannot keep justifying stuff based on wages because it's just retarded.
that is a very sensible explanation for why you are never going to be a sports director/transferguru.

you would "buy" a great star team on "bosman / free transfer" and then get us relegated because we are in deep debt and can't pay their salaries ...

this is really childs logic !

I'd rather take a chance on Ronaldinho and pay some astronomic number for his performances instead of paying 10 million for Poulsen. This is Juventus FFS bro.
then pay that astronomic number of money .... oh wait ... since you have no clue about money you surely don't have any money you could take to pay ronaldinho ... so who should pay this sum for ronaldinho if you can't ?

did you ever read a story about people that got rich from "nothing" ?

you did not, because then you knew that most of the wealthy guys are that rich because they do not throw around with their money ... some could even say they are greedy and won't give a cent to much for anything ... that is the way business is made and not paying astronomic fees and wages ...

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Tbh honest m8 I woulden't insult Andy,he is one of the most inteligent members on the forums although he doesen't show it sometimes.:p

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm tired of this wage bullshit, Alen. We cannot keep justifying stuff based on wages because it's just retarded.
You are wrong here Andy. Wages, especially in Italy, present around 70% of the whole deal. As Wenger said, it's all about the wages today and sooner rather than later there will come a time when transfer fees will not exist anymore and players will be signed only for wages.

Juve are allready paying +100m eur a year only for the wages of our players. We have a budget and the greatest part of it goes for the salaries. If we sign new players, don't sell the players we have and pay the new guys 10m eur for their salaries it means that together with the taxes we'll be paying 20m eur more than the previous year. So we pay 20m eur more from our budget which means that we'll have 20m eur less for transfers next year.

Milan were in big shit due to this. They had old players under contract, they couldn't get rid of them and it was hurting them on the mercato in the last 2 summers. This summer they got rid of Cafu, Serginho and Ronaldo and only this way they saved ~20m eur they've been paying for their wages. These money were enough to pay for Ronaldinho's and Zambrotta's wages.

It works much differently than some of you guys think.
Teams like Roma and Fiorentina will go bankrupt in no time if they start giving the wages Juve are giving to their players. That's why they are forced to sell a player each summer and they can't buy the better players who ask for 3-4m eur per year. Juve don't have to sell their stars and we can offer the better players the wages they want, but still we can't buy world stars and offer them crazy wages, something Milan and Inter can easily allow themselves.

Face it people. Yes, we're Juve bla bla bla, resistance is futile bla bla, but you conviniently forget something.
2006/07 - Inter and Milan got ~100m eur for serie A tv rights, we got shit. Inter and Milan got at least as much from playing CL, the tv rights from there etc. Sponsors were fighting to have their names on Milan's or Inter's jersey while we lost our main sponsors.
That's more than 200m eur difference only for the last 2 years. Milan and Inter didn't have to sell all their players, they already had a big squad, so now they have players like Oliveira, Gilardino, Suazo .... players they can sell for 10-15m eur without suffering a bit. We don't have such players to sell, earn millions and play a big role on the mercato.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You are wrong here Andy. Wages, especially in Italy, present around 70% of the whole deal. As Wenger said, it's all about the wages today and sooner rather than later there will come a time when transfer fees will not exist anymore and players will be signed only for wages.

Juve are allready paying +100m eur a year only for the wages of our players. We have a budget and the greatest part of it goes for the salaries. If we sign new players, don't sell the players we have and pay the new guys 10m eur for their salaries it means that together with the taxes we'll be paying 20m eur more than the previous year. So we pay 20m eur more from our budget which means that we'll have 20m eur less for transfers next year.

Milan were in big shit due to this. They had old players under contract, they couldn't get rid of them and it was hurting them on the mercato in the last 2 summers. This summer they got rid of Cafu, Serginho and Ronaldo and only this way they saved ~20m eur they've been paying for their wages. These money were enough to pay for Ronaldinho's and Zambrotta's wages.

It works much differently than some of you guys think.
Teams like Roma and Fiorentina will go bankrupt in no time if they start giving the wages Juve are giving to their players. That's why they are forced to sell a player each summer and they can't buy the better players who ask for 3-4m eur per year. Juve don't have to sell their stars and we can offer the better players the wages they want, but still we can't buy world stars and offer them crazy wages, something Milan and Inter can easily allow themselves.

Face it people. Yes, we're Juve bla bla bla, resistance is futile bla bla, but you conviniently forget something.
2006/07 - Inter and Milan got ~100m eur for serie A tv rights, we got shit. Inter and Milan got at least as much from playing CL, the tv rights from there etc. Sponsors were fighting to have their names on Milan's or Inter's jersey while we lost our main sponsors.
That's more than 200m eur difference only for the last 2 years. Milan and Inter didn't have to sell all their players, they already had a big squad, so now they have players like Oliveira, Gilardino, Suazo .... players they can sell for 10-15m eur without suffering a bit. We don't have such players to sell, earn millions and play a big role on the mercato.

I don't see how you can be bothered to keep repeating this stuff.

If folk haven't grasped this already, they aren't going to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)