Football Manager 2020 (6 Viewers)

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
69c5c35f30f3249d4c5dd78309d43490.png

Loan United

Sadly, Brexit fucked me up big time, I almost signed one kid from PSG, wanted by Juve, Milan and few other, but he failed to get a WP.

UK players are super expensive, 3-4 decent youngster ended up on TL, but I lost bidding wars against the likes of Villa, West Ham, Crystall Palace, Sheffields..

Rogers kid from Leicester was transfer-listed for 450k, made a bid, he accepted the contract, Sheff Wed came in, offered 25k p/w and sayonara, Blyth.

23bd2d2fa3eae85b12f8f1084bb033f3.png

Burnreal

Last edited:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
About to play Coppa Italia final and both CBs out from injuries in training. Tight calf and a bruised foot in training. What did they train that day? Nothing. I even forgot to put in preview tactics (DUH!). They travelled. Must have been hell of a ride.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
About to play Coppa Italia final and both CBs out from injuries in training. Tight calf and a bruised foot in training. What did they train that day? Nothing. I even forgot to put in preview tactics (DUH!). They travelled. Must have been hell of a ride.
They pussied out

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
They sure did. But the rest of 'em stuck up!

Squeezed through with a 1-0 win over Juve in the final. First win ever against Juve (were able to draw them for the first time in our last game). They had more chances, 5 clear cut against our 2, 0 half chances against our 3. Otherwise the game was fairly even. Lost two to injuries and played LB that made a come back from long-term injury, so had to pick him out around the hour mark. Then Vignato got broken in the 88th but my remaining 10 Boyz narrowingly managed keep Benzema, Ronaldo, Suarez, Modric, Fernandinho, and the rest, clean.

- - - Updated - - -

@Gagi how do you make profits? I tend to buy cheap/free and sell to build capital. Especially outside of PL since you make less money in other countries. Given you loan a lot, I suppose you have figured out something different. I do also understand that without the loans you basically have no competitive team. But how do you raise money?

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Normally I would buy talents to develop and some players with re-sell value, but I can't do none of that at the moment - no one wants to come here. My spending power is quite limited, Barnsley from League One has 28m euros budget - i have 800k now. And with Hard Brexit in place, I simply have to loan players. Got 8 of them in the team, but only 5 are allowed in the match squad. Cup money and Parachute money keep my balance green. I had a deal in place to sell Finn for 4+2m, but he rejected the move...

8d2c8a8b368deb0ede5971d7ed52728a.png

Investing in facilities whenever I can.

Last edited:

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Just a cool badge and a name, I guess.

My go-to-club for LLM is East Stirlingshire, but they got relegated to non-playable leagues and I'm not into custom leagues, they cause crash dumps and shitload of problems.

In England Boston United, Blyth, Plymouth, Crewe, etc.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Jesse Joronen, my GK, is now sold in anger. I need someone to spite. Don't care that he was chosen as GK runner up in the league three years in a row and named in euro cup squad.
On final league day we had 75p, Inter had 74p, and Juve 77p. Juve lost, Inter won, and we drew because.... Sabelli passes the ball back, Jesse misses the ball and their striker picks it up and scores an open goal.
In the game before that, he has the ball at his feet with no one even remotely close around. Then it looks like he brain freezes and starts processing if he left the oven on. Pinamonti slowly walks towards him, takes the ball and strikes it AT THE POST. Jesse, now waking up from his slumber starts to look around and by the time he picks his head up Pinamonti has run towards the loose ball and on the rebound scored the open goal.

Lost the final in Europa League to Wolves, 2-1. Had 72% possession first half and they never crossed the halfway line. In the second half, on their first opportunity to cross halfway line, they get a corner from which they score in the 63'. Then in 85' Jadon Sancho makes a Messi solo run from their GK and scores. Very nice, but, come on...
Not really sure what I could have done different. They sat in their own box with everyone except Sancho. I tried going slow and wide but my strikers can't score so against these teams when chances are few I get in trouble. (They have collectively scored 18 goals in 53 games, and it is not because of lack of opportunities. They miss open goals every game)

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Found a weird bug. It has to be bug. I was linked with a move to Chelsea, then I realized they sacked Serbian coach with shit reputation. I was wondering how the fuck he ended up there. Well, Serbian guy bought Chelsea. No fucking way man. Then I saw that Serbs also bought Man Utd, Tottenham, Brescia, Lazio and Hoffenheim, lol. So stupid and unrealistic.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Goodbye my friend.

e9cb71b430502e6d9eb9220f380e4e31.png

57122ed1da0b39e4bb4d5e5e786d1efd.png

Brighton started off with 5m, I got to 12, then Chairman said yes. Stoke jumped in after that and got him.

My balance was slighty in red before that.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I think I had him last year in some save, can't remember who I was playing. Really liked that he could play almost everywhere.
Never fun to see starting players go, but going green is good too. :)

I have 20m to splash but don't know what to spend it on. Too much to do. Need a striker that can score but also need players to rotate with.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
69c5c35f30f3249d4c5dd78309d43490.png

Loan United

Sadly, Brexit fucked me up big time, I almost signed one kid from PSG, wanted by Juve, Milan and few other, but he failed to get a WP.

UK players are super expensive, 3-4 decent youngster ended up on TL, but I lost bidding wars against the likes of Villa, West Ham, Crystall Palace, Sheffields..

Rogers kid from Leicester was transfer-listed for 450k, made a bid, he accepted the contract, Sheff Wed came in, offered 25k p/w and sayonara, Blyth.

23bd2d2fa3eae85b12f8f1084bb033f3.png

Burnreal
Wonder how Brexit will affect transfers in real football.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Dybala [CF-ATT]

Mbappe [IF-SU] - Dembele [IF-SU]

Eriksen [AP-SU] - SMS [BBM-SU]

Pjanic [DLP-SU]

AS [WB-ATT]] - Bonucci [BPD-DE] - De Ligt [BPD-DE] - Odriozola [WB-ATT]

Oblak [GK-DE]

This is my team. Boy, does Dybala misses a lot of 1 on 1 chances... :wallbang:

Pjanic though, as a playmaker, is amazing.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Extremely impressed! I would never be able to achieve such a feat, well done and congratulations! How big is your budget now?

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
It's 32m, but I have to move 70% of that to WB so I can offer shit PL/decent Championship wages.

Championship was tough. For example, Burnley has incredible midfield, Crystal Palace failed miserably even though they have Maupay and Moise Kean up front, Newcastle have Nelson from Arsenal, McTominay - Longstaff midfield duo, etc. Tough league to get out of, but loanees did well.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
30896a4eccd3b82d1c87ea92c7924d8b.png

situation on june 30

:lol:

i'm so fucked

losing bidding wars left and right

I have offered more than 13 euros combined for 2 players that had 5 days left on the contract - is that normal? hell no. But I have to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)