Football Manager 2020 (7 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
lol. for your sake I hope your youth team has some up and comers!

I just signed Bale and Thiago for free! They'll be warming my bench, but drastically increase the width of my team.
From the looks of pre-season, one signing I have never heard before, has been doing really well. Pedrinho, signed from Corinthians for 15m euro. Also found a cheap LB that was MOM in our first (and only game played thus far). Olaza came from Boca Juniors for 4.4m, also managed to sign Pellegrini for 2.9m, I guess Juve felt stacked with both Sandro and Telles on LB.
Selling Antonin Barak now, really thought I had made a gold signing in him but he was outright bad, perhaps didn't fit my system.

Still chasing for CB that can take us the next step, so I am trying to sell off a lot players to raise money. But everyone are sooo expensive! Anyone have a suggestion for a CB that can compete in a CL team and can join a team like Brescia? I am competing with Napoli over Corbo but he's not good enough to take us another step forward. So if he decides Napoli over us it's not the end of the world but he's kind of the best I am able to find.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Tak! for young CB easy to get, I recommend Armel Bella Katchop. German enforcer. Fantastic.

Vanhuedsen is highly recommended too, costs only 17m. But he might be in a top club already by that time.

Last edited:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
@Osman I already have Vanheusden, someone else mentioned him some time ago here, can't remember who. He's been very good for me but he needs a partner. The ketchup guy seemed poorer than what I already have. Sent scouts and will see what they say. Signed Corbo now because I was desperate. At least he adds some speed to my defense.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
@Kyle I also won CL in my 1st season with Zebre. :D Crushed Man City 3-0. Will post a picture later.

CL win.png

Dybala though, has gone 10 hours of competitive football without scoring. :lol: Nothing works, I warned him, criticized him, even fined him for his poor performances, dude just can't score a goal. Mbappe though... :tuttosport:

Dybala.png

Drought.png

- - - Updated - - -

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

@Hustini @Mark
Why do you play without real logos?

Last edited:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Brescia 2-2 Roma. First goal is the ol' classic hoof and their striker runs free and scores. Fine, I play with a high line so... but second goal. FK where the ball goes through my GK. Yes. Through. I have no tactic against this.

Napoli 1 - 2 Brescia. Cross in, no one even close to the guy - the ONLY guy - in the box. My defenders are eating apples.

Inter 1 - Brescia 0. Long ball from opposing side of the pitch. My defender starts running into another direction. The ball comes. He miss times the header with about 10-15 meter. He is a little bit outside of our box. Their forward starts running from their side of the pitch and chase down the ball outside our area. Scores 1on1. My defender still trying to figure out how he could have missed everything that badly. He literally jumps when the ball is about 5m above him.

Dortmund 1-1 Brescia. Cross into our box. They have no one there. It's basically a hoof towards row Z. Their attackers aren't even close to our box. Can't overstate, how little danger there is going on. The cross is about to go to a GK. Instead, my RB Henrichs picks it down to his feet. Well done, just turn around and play the ball. You've got all the time in the world. He looks at it. Starts walking with the ball backwards. Continues to walk. Reaches our goal line. Starts walking on the goal line. Stops walking. The ball rolls over the goal line... He looks like he can't understand what just happened. I do too.

My last four games. My start to this season has been really poor but I don't feel like there's that much I could have done to prevent it. I have most possession, shots on goal, chances created, and so on. Sometimes I just want a physical version of something that symbolizes the game, which I can burn.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #393
    Something that helped out a lot for me to cut long balls over the top was to assign one of my CBs to cover role, keep both of my wide defenders as fullbacks (no wingbacks) and no offside trap

i play high line and don't have so many issues with long balls over the top. it happens but not to the degree it seems to other people.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    He is? Half the time I have him in my B team lol. Have him around for registration purposes.

Its tough to compete with a Dybala that wins balon D or and scores 47 goals in 51 games. A ronaldo that comes 2nd to that award and scores 50 goals in 53 games. And Håland that gets best young player in Europe award with insane production off the bench.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    What's your tactic? I understand it won't fit my Brescia but I am always eager to learn.

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

https://imgshare.io/image/HP8l7

https://imgshare.io/image/HPAjg

https://imgshare.io/image/HPPLx

https://imgshare.io/image/HPj5l

Its a really attacking and pretty fun lineup, more balanced then other uber attacking options I tried, because in this ME 442 is what works best, and I like playing 2 man attacks usually. But its good tempo, really excellent pressing game, and nice to use high level wingers as inverted wingers (with left footed on right, and right footed on left), makes for interesting possesion game and attacking movements. Not just endless crosses like it was before in other tactics or previous updates. Not that wingbacks in attacking setting arent consistently most dominant rating wise. First season Alex telles won serie a player of the year for me (in just 4-5 months of startin, Sandro was injured), and 2nd season its Kimmich serie a player of the year. They are just more consistent in their roles it seems in this game.

I train couple other tactics too used in the past for emergencies (away tactics for big CL nights), , but I had so much fun with this one its what I play 90% of the time.

Dybala realizing his full potential in first season:

balondor.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)