Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
:D

But seriously how can one dislike the guy? He doesn't bitch about being sub and second to other strikers, and when called up he performs. What more can you ask from a striker? Is it the problem with his name, it's not A star movie name or what?

And the argument we can do better when he actually is doing very good and performs doesn't really fly with me.
To some, they think he's not a team player, to others, he's got too much attitude, and the inter incident is their all encompassing proof of that. I also don't get the argument that he is incompatible with certain players, simply because he hasn't had enough continuity with them. It takes time to build an understanding with your striking partner, but that's harder to do when you're not first or second choice and are at times on the bench months at a stretch. And then there are some who believe he brings nothing to the table. The last time I checked though, goals were pretty important in a game of football.

But hatin' is bad...
No doubt. In fact, I think hating should be moderated, because it's pretty disrespectful to our players. Especially when they are doing a good job for the team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
haha, a cozy dinner followed by name calling, wrist slitting and throwing piss balloons at each other, with the intent to beat each other 'black and blue' just so that you go home with the one that matches your inter Jersey :D :kiss:
:lol2:

Well you have until January, otherwise I'm stuck with a milanista forever. :D

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
He doesn't bitch about being sub
You're kidding right?

and when called up he performs.
Most of the time, I actually agree.

What more can you ask from a striker?
Being a more teamplayer, but that's the thing with poachers. I don't like them.

I'd rather have a hardworking teamplayer like Mandzukic than a poacher/finisher like Gomez.

But that's just me, each to his kind.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
There wouldn't be all this banter and discussion regarding Quag if the fanboys didn't elevate him to "god" status. You'd think we are talking about Vieri, Ronaldo, or even Baggio (the player, not the poster) here.

Every single time he scores a goal, this thread blows up. He is expected to score ffs; it is his job.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
There wouldn't be all this banter and discussion regarding Quag if the fanboys didn't elevate him to "god" status. You'd think we are talking about Vieri, Ronaldo, or even Baggio (the player, not the poster) here.

Every single time he scores a goal, this thread blows up. He is expected to score ffs; it is his job.
so you can't stand Juventus player being loved on Juventus forum?

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Happy he scored the goal but from where I was standing (the "curva") it was obvious how he was continuously occupying the same areas Tevez was seeking. I found that all kinds of infuriating. Also way too many stupid first time flicks but I have a distinct feeling that is a Conte instruction.

Dec 31, 2008
Happy he scored the goal but from where I was standing (the "curva") it was obvious how he was continuously occupying the same areas Tevez was seeking. I found that all kinds of infuriating. Also way too many stupid first time flicks but I have a distinct feeling that is a Conte instruction.
I believe it is, we have been seeing them far too many times last season with different forwards, when the times it turns out productive is minimal.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He's really no good for our overall game. It's not that difficult to see.

On the other hand, he's still the most likely one to score. Which makes it a tricky situation.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
:lol2:

Well you have until January, otherwise I'm stuck with a milanista forever. :D
Passport. Check. Juve jersey. Check. Piss Balloons. Check. Ticket to where? Lemme check. :D

You're kidding right?
Do you have proof of that, outside of the game where he mouthed off at Alessio? Which mind you, is not something Conte would tolerate. Clearly, the player is humble and hardworking enough to still get game time and have Conte consider him infront of his more illustrious strikers.

You are wrong about this B81. It could be argued that I'm one of the biggest fans of this player :D, but I have always maintained that he is a strong player to have on the squad. Whether for depth or as a starter, he is a guy who gets the job done. He is nowhere near the likes of Baggio, Vieri or Ronaldo. But that doesn't mean he should be criticised at the drop of a hat because unlike WC player's, this is a player with some limitations. He may not be world class, but he is good enough for the roles give him coz he has the temperament.

All the fanboys' defense of the player is the function of unnecessary hate, and this is where the divide lies, because our love for one of the players on the team, is mistaken to be a projection of his greatness.

so you can't stand Juventus player being loved on Juventus forum?
I don't get it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, Bruv. Think about it. It's pretty disrespectful to call a player shit, on a night when hes the one salvaging a point. Just a case of many. And this doesn't just apply to Quag. There are a few players who create that divide, like Marchisio and Gio too. I don't understand that. I find it pretty distasteful actually coz they're giving their all on the field.

He's really no good for our overall game. It's not that difficult to see.

On the other hand, he's still the most likely one to score. Which makes it a tricky situation.
Honestly, he's had like 4 man of the match performances last season. I think only Pirlo, Vidal, Vucinic and Marchisio had more. Unfortunately, while we write him off as not being good enuff for our game, we should see how much or how little continuity he gets to hit his stride. If in the limited game time he still manages to do more than one can expect, than I think he has adapted to his situation. And if the team benefits on the scoresheet, then I don't see why he shouldn't be considered.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Seriously, Bruv. Think about it. It's pretty disrespectful to call a player shit, on a night when hes the one salvaging a point. Just a case of many. And this doesn't just apply to Quag. There are a few players who create that divide, like Marchisio and Gio too. I don't understand that. I find it pretty distasteful actually coz they're giving their all on the field.
except one :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)