Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Suns, for fuck sake stop it. Giovinco done one time think with 15g11a and that's not even that impressive and yet you talk about him that it's normal for him and he would even do better given the chance and here you are craping on a player for the sake of craping on him.

And where did I state that it's normal for Quag to have 15+ seasons? I just simply don't like the way he is undeservedly treated. Not to mention how you can't admit you were wrong saying he can't score 15 goals a season after admiting it that you know he can. Simply hilarious you are.
I haven't mentioned his 15g11a since it was last relevant which was right after his Parma season. I think he's capable of having a very productive season though if he had a free role or on the wing but going away from the 3-5-2 to accommodate him would be stupid..And I'm not even asking for him to start or defending him when he plays bad these days. Once he got himself in a Juve jersey I'm not going to defend him or make up things to make him look better. If he's not good enough in a Juve jersey then he's not.

I've tried to explain 100 times that I don't like Quag as a player because I don't think he's good at anything special and everytime I get the same response about his goalscoring even though he's not a particularly excellent one at that either.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 31, 2008
Never mind Suns. He likes shiny and new stuff. If I recall correctly, he was against the signing of Pirlo, insisted on playing Elia ahead of Pepe and finds it more imperative to play Llorente, moreso than our most lethal CL striker, in the CL. While many others have shared the same opinions, few are as stubborn as Suns.

Therefore, you are all wasting your time. I apologize for this personal and undignified attack and I am aware of this being way, way beneath me. But it had to be said. Quagliarella is the man.
:touched:

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Llorente, a new player who himself rarely scores over 15 goals a season
Except for last season when he didn't get anywhere near the amount of game time he was normally getting, he's scored over 15 goals in all competitions the past several years in a row. In 2011-12 he nearly got to 30 if I recall correctly.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'm going to have a go at Llorente's and Quag's stats for the sake of the argument, don't crucify me :D
First of all, let's take into consideration the famous "it's easier to score in La Liga" argument and make coeff's, goal per game ratio's in la liga and serie a:
2007/08 2.69 2.55
2008/09 2.90 2.60
2009/10 2.71 2.61
2010/11 couldn't find
2011/12 2.80 2.50
2012/13 2.90 2.60

I'm gonna do it brutally and just get the average, 12.86/5 is 2.57 for Serie A and 14/5 is 2.8 for la liga, so one goal in Serie A is worth 1.09 goals in La Liga.

2006/07
Quag 40 games 13 goals
Llorente 22 games 1,83 goals
2007/08
Quag 38 games 12 goals
Llorente 35 games 10,09 goals
2008/09
Quag 56 games 23 goals
Llorente 44 games 15.60 goals
2009/10
Quag 40 games 11 goals
Llorente 45 games 20.18 goals
2010/11
Quag 25 games 12 goals
Llorente 47 games 22.01 goals
2011/12
Quag 32 games 5 goals
Llorente 61 game 27.52
2012/13
Quag 35 games 13 goals
Llorente 37 games 4,59 goals

bar the poor 2011/12 season when he was recovering and 2009/10 floppy season at Napoli, Quag's goal/game ratio is on par or better

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
what if he bitches it to his mom's sister in law, will you allow him to stay?
:lol: no way, they'll come here and yell sell.

He probably scored 3 from outside the box. Those count for double.
Oh look, you typed. So constructive. :inter:

Therefore, you are all wasting your time. I apologize for this personal and undignified attack and I am aware of this being way, way beneath me. But it had to be said. Quagliarella is the man.
Brilliant. :tup: Well said Sadomin.

:lol:

I'm going to have a go at Llorente's and Quag's stats for the sake of the argument, don't crucify me :D
First of all, let's take into consideration the famous "it's easier to score in La Liga" argument and make coeff's, goal per game ratio's in la liga and serie a:
2007/08 2.69 2.55
2008/09 2.90 2.60
2009/10 2.71 2.61
2010/11 couldn't find
2011/12 2.80 2.50
2012/13 2.90 2.60

I'm gonna do it brutally and just get the average, 12.86/5 is 2.57 for Serie A and 14/5 is 2.8 for la liga, so one goal in Serie A is worth 1.09 goals in La Liga.

2006/07
Quag 40 games 13 goals
Llorente 22 games 1,83 goals
2007/08
Quag 38 games 12 goals
Llorente 35 games 10,09 goals
2008/09
Quag 56 games 23 goals
Llorente 44 games 15.60 goals
2009/10
Quag 40 games 11 goals
Llorente 45 games 20.18 goals
2010/11
Quag 25 games 12 goals
Llorente 47 games 22.01 goals
2011/12
Quag 32 games 5 goals
Llorente 61 game 27.52
2012/13
Quag 35 games 13 goals
Llorente 37 games 4,59 goals

bar the poor 2011/12 season when he was recovering and 2009/10 floppy season at Napoli, Quag's goal/game ratio is on par or better
Very interesting work there my friend. :) But really, this shouldn't be a Quag v Llorente debate coz they can even play with each other.

I'm one of those who think Llorente should be given a run in to see what he can do for the team. But to write off Quag who is a more than capable replacement is nothing short of disrespectful hate.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Quagliarella's career development is quite interesting.

He started as the 'Qtube' player - that most people still think of him being - scoring a few spectacular goals, but not being remotely reliable as a goalscorer.

He's now virtually become a poacher who contributes nothing other than goals - but he is scoring with some regularity.

Now I'm not going to suggest he's a good poacher, but I don't think you need to be to score a reasonable number of goals for this Juve team if you are just focused on taking up goalscoring positions and not on working for the team/taking part in build-up play the way Juve's other forwards do/try to.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Not to mention that my other lover is a milanista, it's a rival fan love triangle. :kiss:
haha, a cozy dinner followed by name calling, wrist slitting and throwing piss balloons at each other, with the intent to beat each other 'black and blue' just so that you go home with the one that matches your inter Jersey :D :kiss:

- - - Updated - - -

He started as the 'Qtube' player - that most people still think of him being - scoring a few spectacular goals, but not being remotely reliable as a goalscorer.

He's now virtually become a poacher who contributes nothing other than goals - but he is scoring with some regularity.

Now I'm not going to suggest he's a good poacher, but I don't think you need to be to score a reasonable number of goals for this Juve team if you are just focused on taking up goalscoring positions and not on working for the team/taking part in build-up play the way Juve's other forwards do/try to.
This again is a function of him playing in this setup under Conte. It doesn't play to his strengths but he has still found a way to be useful to the teams cause. Not just useful, but pretty damn vital too.

Jul 1, 2010

I agree with your assessment.

He seems to have become much more clinical under Conte.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Most importantly, that regularity also extends to important games in the league and CL. I would even say that right now, he is one of the most likely players in the team to score in extra time in a CL final, were he on the pitch. He just has that arrogance and confidence. Let's call it the Zalayeta factor.

Dec 31, 2008

:agree:

+rep

- - - Updated - - -

Most importantly, that regularity also extends to important games in the league and CL. I would even say that right now, he is one of the most likely players in the team to score in extra time in a CL final, were he on the pitch. He just has that arrogance and confidence. Let's call it the Zalayeta factor.
:tuttosport:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
:D

But seriously how can one dislike the guy? He doesn't bitch about being sub and second to other strikers, and when called up he performs. What more can you ask from a striker? Is it the problem with his name, it's not A star movie name or what?

And the argument we can do better when he actually is doing very good and performs doesn't really fly with me.

Dec 31, 2008
:D

But seriously how can one dislike the guy? He doesn't bitch about being sub and second to other strikers, and when called up he performs. What more can you ask from a striker? Is it the problem with his name, it's not A star movie name or what?

And the argument we can do better when he actually is doing very good and performs doesn't really fly with me.
cuz pretty boy got his mediocre arse sold to meelan, they mad that it was the first touch rapist and not :chin: who left us, so they hatin'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)