Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Honestly, he's had like 4 man of the match performances last season. I think only Pirlo, Vidal, Vucinic and Marchisio had more. Unfortunately, while we write him off as not being good enuff for our game, we should see how much or how little continuity he gets to hit his stride. If in the limited game time he still manages to do more than one can expect, than I think he has adapted to his situation. And if the team benefits on the scoresheet, then I don't see why he shouldn't be considered.
I don't agree with the continuity point that keeps coming up. I've seen enough of Quag by now to know that (imo) our general play is much, much better when he's off the pitch. Except maybe a few games with DP early on.
But I will agree with you that he, essentially, does more than you can rightfully expect.

Which is why I think this is a tricky situation. Tricky meaning that there are reasons for Quag to play more, just like there are reasons for him to play even less...

@Buck Fuddy, There are only two things we don't agree upon Quag and Asamoah :D
I don't know if your opinion of Quag is that much different from mine.

Let's forget about Asa then, and continue pretending that we always agree :D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Obviously that is what I meant :tup: :rolleyes:
But really, I don't think anyone here treats Quag as if he's Ronaldo, Baggio or God, on the contrary, many experts here think he's useless, worse than Gilardino and the reason behind all failures. So if time after time some fanboy overrates him, it's just to balance things out.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You mean you didn't already have 10 Quag shirts? Shame on you. :p
Unfortunately not. Followed him in his time with Samp and Udine a little bit, but got truly obsessed with him, just before his injury at Juve. Then he came back to a tonne of hate, and I tried standing my ground as a faithful, grateful fan. :)

But wait, I could have 10 Quag jerseys, if it means piquing your interest in another fine gent, before January. :flirt:

I don't agree with the continuity point that keeps coming up. I've seen enough of Quag by now to know that (imo) our general play is much, much better when he's off the pitch. Except maybe a few games with DP early on. But I will agree with you that he, essentially, does more than you can rightfully expect.

Which is why I think this is a tricky situation. Tricky meaning that there are reasons for Quag to play more, just like there are reasons for him to play even less...
Our game doesn't suit him optimally, but it is testament to his ability and temperament alike, that he's able to go out there and score. While I see what you're trying to say bout having seen enough of him, but it's important to note, how difficult it is for strikers to play their game when they don't have the confidence of the coach. Matri suffered in the same way with Conte. His natural game may have been better suited to our style, but he never really hit his striped because he was always looking over his shoulder fearing a substitution being afraid to make errors. Which he inevitably did. He's not going to magically transform at Milan, but you'll find him to be more effective there, purely because he'd be more settled psychologically.

Quag does relally well when he's given space given that he doesn't really have the pace - something DP was able to create for him when pulling defenders onto himself. Tevez will be able to do the same. It's just a matter of them settling a bit to each others temperaments.

But really, I don't think anyone here treats Quag as if he's Ronaldo, Baggio or God, on the contrary, many experts here think he's useless, worse than Gilardino and the reason behind all failures. So if time after time some fanboy overrates him, it's just to balance things out.
I disagree bro. I don't think defending a player from unnecessary criticism is overrating him, even as a fanboy. Overrating him would be to say that he is like Baggio, but it is completely rational to argue that the player deserves to be at Juventus given his performances whenever called upon. He is made out to be a baggio or pele by the haters, simply because they are not able to find middle ground with those who defend him from unjust criticism.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Unfortunately not. Followed him in his time with Samp and Udine a little bit, but got truly obsessed with him, just before his injury at Juve. Then he came back to a tonne of hate, and I tried standing my ground as a faithful, grateful fan. :)

But wait, I could have 10 Quag jerseys, if it means piquing your interest in another fine gent, before January. :flirt:
I'd prefer the Pirlo jersey.

Yeah those people there have nothing better to do. One hater and couple of self righteous pricks. :D
eh man, so did you think about my offer last night? I'll even make it two sets. :D

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
This forum has the gall to explode with rage after the Copenhagen game and start questioning the ability of the team (and Conte) when teams like Italy in WC 2010 existed.
:lol:

Too true, brother, that tournament was an embarrassment. Or our club a few years ago, that level of dysfunction is embarrassing.

People should be thanking their lucky stars that we've got solid management in place, and such a nice blend of youth and experience in the lineup. This Juventus is looking sustainable, the future is bright.

This is a club that can do big things, I'm really excited about the potential this season. This forum was probably a little more balanced a few years ago, when people were used to losing and had a bit more humility. They weren't coming of the back of b2b championships, and 9 losses in 100 and whatever games, or whatever the current streak we're at is.

We were terrible against Copenhagen and if it wasn't for Wiland it would have been a 2 or 3 goal victory, despite a relatively dysfunctional match (for a Conte team). I'm looking forward to seeing our guys hit their stride.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We were terrible against Copenhagen and if it wasn't for Wiland it would have been a 2 or 3 goal victory, despite a relatively dysfunctional match (for a Conte team). I'm looking forward to seeing our guys hit their stride.
We were slow off the blocks in that game, but I wouldn't say we were terrible for a majority of that match Rollie. We didn't win, admittedly, but the better team doesn't always get the desired result. Sure, we can expect it given the amazing run we've had, but drawing from those expectations, tends to blur our judgment of things at times.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd prefer the Pirlo jersey.
Thank god you didnt mention a Benoit Cauet jersey. :D :p

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
We were slow off the blocks in that game, but I wouldn't say we were terrible for a majority of that match Rollie. We didn't win, admittedly, but the better team doesn't always get the desired result. Sure, we can expect it given the amazing run we've had, but drawing from those expectations, tends to blur our judgment of things at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank god you didnt mention a Benoit Cauet jersey. :D :p
Tbh i predicted a lack lustre Juve after the Inter game and i got so much criticism for it. The evidence is there from last season and this season to suggest 3-5-2 one trick Pirlo will not get us to the level we want to be. I still think Quags can play a big part in our season and im happy to have the guy here. I would only grt rid of him if we can replace him with a better player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)