Fabio Grosso (1 Viewer)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
First or second goal doesn't count as his assist by the way. The ball was reflected...but anyway, that's not even the point.

I don't hate any player. It's just a matter if I appreciate his work or not and if I say we should sell Tiago it doesn't mean I hate him. I liked how he played before.

Grosso was always overrated defender, seriously. World Cup made him a player that every other Juve fan wank on. He makes less mistakes than Caceres but difference is not that big and usually because of this reason : most of the attacks come from the other side. Almost every time they go on his, our left side is exposed and he's too clumsy like it was noticed a couple of times last night where we conceded as well. Also, one more thing, his crosses are not that great as some people make them out to be. They aren't bad but it's nothing special. He can too pull a Molinaro. I'm pretty sure he's not a short term solution so that can't be an excuse and I know you too want someone better as well but you just over-hype Grosso's work. He's an average defender at best.

I don't need to mention this but here it goes: Grosso>Molinaro

But that alone ain't saying much.

It was frustrating when everyone started bashing Grosso last night, and I just picked a random post, it was you again :D

Seriously it is annoying, the dude made the first two goals, first one was amazing, second one yeah it reflected by the Atalanta player but he made that happen like it or not, this only deserves some credit you know? CREATING TWO GOALS!!

We got him for around 2 millions and his wages are low, I mean that says it all, I am not overrating him, I know he is not great, but the most important thing is he is adding something to this squad, he is making goals, very good crosses and nice runs, I am loving it, and appreciating it. He deserves that, that's all I am saying. I would love to keep him the coming years as a back up, and get rid of Brazzo, Molinaro and even De Ceglie maybe. Someone said he is our worse player of the season, or second worse? something like that, I say: Give me a fucking break!!

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #523
    Seriously it is annoying, the dude made the first two goals, first one was amazing, second one yeah it reflected by the Atalanta player but he made that happen like it or not, this only deserves some credit you know? CREATING TWO GOALS!!
    Let me rephrase it

An average full back at best has created two goals.

Answer my other post too :p Scale from 1 to 10, how much would you rate Grosso? Not based on the last night, overall.

And I hit 22k, somebody stop me!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    He may not be the best defender, but he does very big work to get us forward, and i'd say his presence on the pitch is positive. That's bullshit, that every attack, that comes to his side turns out to be dangerous or that every team we play attacks from the other side. Yesterday he cost us a goal, but if it weren't for his two (or 1.5) assists, no one knows how it would have ended. He's not WC, but certainly not a weak link in this team.
    Exactly! It is ridiculous to blame everything on him, we are playing offensive game, and he is not a good defender, and we have another defensively weak fullback on the other flank, so we can't expect miracles from him. He might fit in classic 4-4-2 maybe, or 5-3-2, but sure he will have problems in this formation, because his specialty is the attacking side., And he is doing it good.

Now that we're still at it I'd like people to rate Grosso.

Scale from 1 to 10.
    6!

I would rate De Ceglie or Molinaro 4 (for this or last season). This is my whole point, he is much better than the other two

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    all this talk of him not costing much so it's ok if he sucks is ridic; he's horrible is worse than molinaro in my book; i dont care if he assists one goal only to coast(pun intended) the team another 2.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #528
    People just hail his good work and close an eye when he disappears or screws up.

I'd give Molinaro/Grygera 5 while I'd rate him 6.

He's probably going to be starter next season so :tdown:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Let me rephrase it

An average full back at best has created two goals.

Answer my other post too :p Scale from 1 to 10, how much would you rate Grosso? Not based on the last night, overall.

And I hit 22k, somebody stop me!
    He is a decent fullback, he is not playing for Italy for nothing. Not a world class or a great player, but a decent. The problem is you are underrating him a lot.

I did rate him, what is yours? :p

and you are about to pass my posts number :scared:

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #530
    He is a decent fullback, he is not playing for Italy for nothing. Not a world class or a great player, but a decent. The problem is you are underrating him a lot.

I did rate him, what is yours? :p

and you are about to pass my posts number :scared:
    Post above.

he is not playing for Italy for nothing

:lol: it's funny when one takes that as an argument. Italy is very known as how they have great left backs. It's very hard to pick one.

:D It's going fast.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    People just hail his good work and close an eye when he disappears or screws up.

I'd give Molinaro/Grygera 5 while I'd rate him 6.

He's probably going to be starter next season so :tdown:
    I don't understand why are you moaning. You rate him higher than Molinaro and Grygera, so what is the problem? No one wants him to be a starter next season. These talks are no different than Zebina's, people bash him because he is no good defender, while everyone forgets what he does offensively. Thou I do rate Zebina higher than Grosso..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Post above.

he is not playing for Italy for nothing

:lol: it's funny when one takes that as an argument. Italy is very known as how they have great left backs. It's very hard to pick one.

:D It's going fast.
    what is so funny about it? It's not only Italy, the whole world! There aren't much great left backs in the world are there? probably 10 or even less.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #533
    I don't understand why are you moaning. You rate him higher than Molinaro and Grygera, so what is the problem? No one wants him to be a starter next season. These talks are no different than Zebina's, people bash him because he is no good defender, while everyone forgets what he does offensively. Thou I do rate Zebina higher than Grosso..
    Because there's no much difference between 5-6, bad-decent.

I'd give Zebina 6.5 but that difference (between him and Grosso) would be big in my eyes. It's not the point Snoop, watch how people rate Grosso or how they talk about him in their match reports. It's like reading about Maicon.

Of course I exaggerate but it's just the essence.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #534
    what is so funny about it? It's not only Italy, the whole world! There aren't much great left backs in the world are there? probably 10 or even less.
    It's funny saying "he's a starter for Italy"

Well there's a reason, there's no any other option. While Zambrotta used to rock there Grosso was cleaning his boots and collecting balls.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    It's funny saying "he's a starter for Italy"

Well there's a reason, there's no any other option. While Zambrotta used to rock there Grosso was cleaning his boots and collecting balls.
    No it is not funny at all, if he was an average left back like you say, there are many average left backs in Italy too, others would have get the chance too, that was my point. He isn't a regular for nothing, that's because he is above average. Oh and please don't put words in my mouth now (Not you Douchen), didn't say he is a world class, you know there is something in between, average<decent <good <great <world class!

What I hate here is members either rate our players as the bests, or they way underrate them. Some say Buffon is the best ever goalkeeper, even last year too, you know about Del Piero (no need for details, Rab won't like it :D), Some said Chiellini is the best center back in the world. And you see how it goes the opposite way too, Poulsen he is a decent sub, but some people refuse to give credits when he plays good match. Same here, Grosso wasn't the players we should have for an LB (and I totally agree with that), but some refuse to give him credits when he plays good.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #536
    Dude, he's given a chance because there's no one else to play for Italy. Well, there are, but they are below average. It's the only reason he is regular and that cannot be taken as argument.

I give credit where it's duo (I think he was just decent last night so I'd somehow agree with weedguru's post where he described him like that). I was not stating my opinion based on last nights match but overall where in my books, he stays as an average defender, a player that we should replace. But I know we won't.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    he's a very average defender, no doubt about that...but he is good going forward and is a big part of our offense, so he stays.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #538

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    that's a bit unfair, Fabio links up quite well with Diego and Seba, and does deliver a pretty good cross...nobody is saying he's the greatest, but he isn't exactly a bag of shit either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)