Fabio Grosso (13 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
For a 31 year old fullback (soon to be 32) to push forward the way he did he's fitness would definately drop toward the end of the game and he'll lose concentration.

As bad as it might sound i'd hoped that ferrara would replace him with molinaro in the last 20-25 minutes of the game.....

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We have no other options and molinaro isn't that bad defending in the back. He managed to do a decent job against Inter and madrid last season. He can be very usefull in certain situations.....
maybe for our opponents
I have to hand it to him, he isn't bad during the big games for some reason, but every other week he is poor
Marceℓℓo;2213834 said:
True,Molinaro is rather good at defending but some people just refuse to see that.
I'm ignorant

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Marceℓℓo;2213834 said:
True,Molinaro is rather good at defending but some people just refuse to see that.
He is sometimes. That's the maddening thing.

Certainly a much better option than, say, Tiago. :lol: But he can alternate between quite good to a bonehead.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
oh c'mon guys, grosso is very good player!!!
2 million euros + 1, nice crosses, 3 goal assists for 3 months in team,few mistakes = Grosso
0 euros, worst crosses ever, 0 goal assists for 2 years++ in team, 1000 mistakes = Molinaro

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Juventino[RUS];2214079 said:
oh c'mon guys, grosso is very good player!!!
2 million euros + 1, nice crosses, 3 goal assists for 3 months,few mistakes = Grosso
0 euros, worst crosses ever, 0 goal assists for 2 years, 1000 mistakes = Molinaro
Molinaro cost more like 4mil euros

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
his assists were good, but he has to come back and cover properly
Thats it pretty much. Basically set up two of our goals, but needs to concentrate more defensively.

I would take him any day over the week over that fucking joke of a professional footballer Molinaro. He might be a touch better defensively, but he makes horrendous mistakes and cant cross to save his life.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #515
    For fuck sake, he made the first two goals. Douchen you are like Andy sometimes, you keep on bashing the players you don't like.

Ofcourse he was no good defensively, but would you prefer having Molinaro instead? How about crediting his two assist :pumpkin:
    First or second goal doesn't count as his assist by the way. The ball was reflected...but anyway, that's not even the point.

I don't hate any player. It's just a matter if I appreciate his work or not and if I say we should sell Tiago it doesn't mean I hate him. I liked how he played before.

Grosso was always overrated defender, seriously. World Cup made him a player that every other Juve fan wank on. He makes less mistakes than Caceres but difference is not that big and usually because of this reason : most of the attacks come from the other side. Almost every time they go on his, our left side is exposed and he's too clumsy like it was noticed a couple of times last night where we conceded as well. Also, one more thing, his crosses are not that great as some people make them out to be. They aren't bad but it's nothing special. He can too pull a Molinaro. I'm pretty sure he's not a short term solution so that can't be an excuse and I know you too want someone better as well but you just over-hype Grosso's work. He's an average defender at best.

I don't need to mention this but here it goes: Grosso>Molinaro

But that alone ain't saying much.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    He has been solid this season and top-notch signing by Secco. No matter how good manager you are, there's no chance you could've signed Evra or A.Cole for that kind of money. Of course we could have kept Zanetti and spend the Melo money on a better fullback, but there's no chance you can call Grosso a flop, considering the money we paid for him.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Did I? Or who did?

People overrate him and his work and barely anyone mentions how weak he looked many times, that's the whole point.
    He may not be the best defender, but he does very big work to get us forward, and i'd say his presence on the pitch is positive. That's bullshit, that every attack, that comes to his side turns out to be dangerous or that every team we play attacks from the other side. Yesterday he cost us a goal, but if it weren't for his two (or 1.5) assists, no one knows how it would have ended. He's not WC, but certainly not a weak link in this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)