Fabio Grosso (20 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Dude, he's given a chance because there's no one else to play for Italy. Well, there are, but they are below average. It's the only reason he is regular and that cannot be taken as argument.

I give credit where it's duo (I think he was just decent last night so I'd somehow agree with weedguru's post where he described him like that). I was not stating my opinion based on last nights match but overall where in my books, he stays as an average defender, a player that we should replace. But I know we won't.
Thank you! That was my point :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
he is the reason why is gio substituted so often not gio´s poor defensive abilities.

technically good, but he is average at most at defending. will cost us a lot goals unfortunately.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
he is the reason why is gio substituted so often not gio´s poor defensive abilities.

technically good, but he is average at most at defending. will cost us a lot goals unfortunately.
so then why doesn't Ciro put in Molinaro for Grosso, as he is a better defender than him?!

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Grosso has nothing to do with Gio's substitution! Gio was outmuscled through out the match.

I 100% agree with taking Gio off the field. But I'm also against bringing PDC in. and 100% against bringing Molinaro in. And 100000% against Tiaga as LM.

:sergio:

Not a lot of options in our bench, unfortunately.

So, IMO, Ciro should've brought legro in for Gio pushing grosso to LM, Chiellini to LB.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
His crosses are overrated.
Only because he can do better than Molinaro up front. So that's not saying much.
I'd say he's one of the biggest reasons why we are not playing long balls this season, you have to be blind not to see that he's our link between defense and midfield. If he is average, name me 10 active left backs that are not average, it can't be that every single one of them is average. Surely, i would also like to have TOP3 one, but that's because of Melo, Diego, Amauri, Tiago or any of our big-money signings in the past few years.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I give him a 6. He is an average player, but there aren't that many good LB's around, and herein lies the problem.

Grosso should be viewed as nothing more than a stop-gap solution, and I for one am hoping he will not be a starter here next year, not because he is a bad player, but because I want someone better, and believe we deserve a better LB.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I give him a 6. He is an average player, but there aren't that many good LB's around, and herein lies the problem.

Grosso should be viewed as nothing more than a stop-gap solution, and I for one am hoping he will not be a starter here next year, not because he is a bad player, but because I want someone better, and believe we deserve a better LB.
6? jeez dude, you're really harsh on him...6.25 is much more appropriate

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juventino[RUS];2217729 said:
You can say good or bad about Crosso, but he is best italian LB in last 4 years!
that really doesn't help, especially when you see guys like Evra, Lahm, Cissokho and even Ashley Cole :sigh:

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
i never said molinaro is better, did I? and i´m no gio lover, when he was substituted it was mainly because he was exhausted or simply outmuscled, i agree. on the other hand defensively he is a weak link and sometimes the coach sacrifies a player playing in front of him in order to fix our left side, that is so obvious. still our best player available as a lb, what a pity.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
no, but Moli is a much better defender than Grosso, that is a fact. So if Ciro thought Grosso was getting raped, he would change him with Moli and not take off Giovinco for PDC

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
makes sense, but IMO moli isn´t better, just more aggresive and has pace, in terms of positioning and passing the ball he is like me in symphonic orchestra. he is even worse at passing than sissoko and he often gave away balls in the most dangerous areas of the pitch.

anyway i don´t want to bash grooso, he has had some assists and can defend, but he is no evra and in comparison with our central defenders he is a weak link.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It was a great action and goal, with everything being done perfectly.
How many of us thought that a combination of Poulsen, Caceres, Grosso is capable of such a match winning action? :D

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007

Grosso: «What an emotion the first goal at Juventus»

He had already scored at the Olimpico, but only with the Italian jersey. To find the first bianconero goal, Fabio Grosso chose the same goal, the one below the North curve. A beautiful goal but most of all important to give the team three golden points vs. Udinese.

After the assist for the first goal in Bergamo, another play from the external, always more at ease with the team. «This goal gave me so much emotion, most of all because it gave us three points –Grosso is happy and comments the match -. It was particular, an external making an assist to another external is not too tactical. After the goal I wanted immediately to hug Caceres because half of the merit goes to him. This victory allowed us getting closer to Inter. We are still far away, but we know we have all possibility to do well and win the championship. Wednesday in Bordeaux? I know well that stadium and that atmosphere. It’s a dangerous team and they showed it conquering already qualification. I don’t know if they will have important absences, there are still three days to go, anyway we must think only about ourselves».

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)