Didier Deschamps (7 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
WE don't have a creative midfielder. Camonarese is about as creative as we have.

Paro plays llike the a balanced CM, i doubt he can be anything more than just a second striker if we make him play a more advanced role.

At the momment we have nobody to open u the attack from the middle, this kinda forces us to use very straight forward tactics.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
- vOnAm - said:
WE don't have a creative midfielder. Camonarese is about as creative as we have.

Paro plays llike the a balanced CM, i doubt he can be anything more than just a second striker if we make him play a more advanced role.

At the momment we have nobody to open u the attack from the middle, this kinda forces us to use very straight forward tactics.
I think Pavel is quite a creative midifielder...but u r right we need a central midfielder with good dribbling, technique and most importantly VISION...being ball-winners is all good but we need some artists in the middle as well

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
The game against Brescia was a game of two halves. Nevertheless we won. Here's DD's postmatch comments: -
Serie B Tim - 01 Nov 2006 - 8:01 PM

Deschamps: “Great first half”

Didier Deschamps was satisfied with his team’s win against Brescia, which sees them climb to third in the league, just three points off top spot. “We played a great first half, with rhythm and pace. This is how we caused problems for Brescia, who’s technical level is much higher than those of other sides we’ve played. They dominate posession like us, which inevitably leaves some space at the back. The two goals allowed us to control the second half”. Deschamps was impressed with the performances of the two youngsters, Paro and Marchisio, who formed the midfield pairing. “They were great, I brought Nedved into the middle more for security, as that way he can get more involved with the game”. The coach then spoke about his two central defenders, Kovac and Boumsong, who both left the field with injuries. “For Kovac it was just a knock and there shouldn’t be any problems, for Boumsong though, it’s a muscle problem and we’ll only know more tomorrow”. And an word on Pessotto who was in the stands to watch the game. “We’re all very happy to have him back with us”.

Tifosotto

Aug 15, 2004
ahmedz said:
I think Pavel is quite a creative midifielder...but u r right we need a central midfielder with good dribbling, technique and most importantly VISION...being ball-winners is all good but we need some artists in the middle as well
I hope Juve will buy Diego next year. Would be fantastic, he has all this skills and he's very young!! 21, incredible

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Deschamps reveals Plan A
Monday 20 November, 2006​

Channel4.com wrote:

Juventus boss Didier Deschamps has revealed that the club are already making plans for their proposed return to Serie A.

The Bianconeri look set to win back instant promotion to the top flight after demotion and the tactician wants a reinforced squad following last summer’s mass exodus of players

“We have already started talks with the club with regard to the new squad,” the former Monaco boss stated on Monday.

“I don’t need any more than three French players and I want the rest of the group to be made up primarily of Italians.

“Fortunately I have a flexible club behind me, one which is ready to listen to my ideas.

“I have the clear sensation that the owners want to immediately put together a squad of the highest calibre.”

Juve were dropped into the Second Division as part of the Calciopoli probe, a verdict which saw the likes of Fabio Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram, Gianluca Zambrotta, Patrick Vieira, Emerson and Zlatan Ibrahimovic move on.

There were suggestions that the club could take up to five years to return to its previous competitive level, but Deschamps has warned that isn’t good enough.

“I wore the Bianconeri shirt myself as a player and I know how much it weighs,” he warned. “People expect success from us.”

Juventus could have moved to the top of the table on Saturday with a win at Albinoleffe, but they were held to a 1-1 draw following Gigi Buffon’s controversial dismissal.

“Gigi should have perhaps been booked, but not sent-off,” noted the 1998 World Cup winning captain.

“But it is normal now that when a referee is in doubt when it comes to Juventus then they will go against us.”

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Jeeks said:
Deschamps reveals Plan A
Monday 20 November, 2006​

Channel4.com wrote:

Juventus boss Didier Deschamps has revealed that the club are already making plans for their proposed return to Serie A.

The Bianconeri look set to win back instant promotion to the top flight after demotion and the tactician wants a reinforced squad following last summer’s mass exodus of players

“We have already started talks with the club with regard to the new squad,” the former Monaco boss stated on Monday.

“I don’t need any more than three French players and I want the rest of the group to be made up primarily of Italians.

Fortunately I have a flexible club behind me, one which is ready to listen to my ideas.

“I have the clear sensation that the owners want to immediately put together a squad of the highest calibre.”

Juve were dropped into the Second Division as part of the Calciopoli probe, a verdict which saw the likes of Fabio Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram, Gianluca Zambrotta, Patrick Vieira, Emerson and Zlatan Ibrahimovic move on.

There were suggestions that the club could take up to five years to return to its previous competitive level, but Deschamps has warned that isn’t good enough.

“I wore the Bianconeri shirt myself as a player and I know how much it weighs,” he warned. “People expect success from us.”

Juventus could have moved to the top of the table on Saturday with a win at Albinoleffe, but they were held to a 1-1 draw following Gigi Buffon’s controversial dismissal.

“Gigi should have perhaps been booked, but not sent-off,” noted the 1998 World Cup winning captain.

“But it is normal now that when a referee is in doubt when it comes to Juventus then they will go against us.”
Nice post Jeeks.
Glad to see that the club supports DD's ideas for Juve.:cool:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
mark83 said:
Does Deschamps have a "Plan B" ?
Very possibly, but in this game, it's best not to reveal all your cards. Otherwise, your rivals will take action to prevent you successfully carrying out your plan. He will probably review his "plan A" on a regular basis, making any necessary adjustments when appropriate.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ayo

I hope Conte is successful enough to replace DD someday (after the latter wins everything possible with us :eyebrows:)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
ahmedz said:
I don't consider Pavel as creative, he has a good vision on the pitch but he's not that creative. Our most creative is still Camonarese and its really not enough.

Pavel gives speed, strength, stamina together with great technique...but we really lack the player who can open up defenses and feed attacks.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
- vOnAm - said:
I don't consider Pavel as creative, he has a good vision on the pitch but he's not that creative. Our most creative is still Camonarese and its really not enough.

Pavel gives speed, strength, stamina together with great technique...but we really lack the player who can open up defenses and feed attacks.
:agree: We definitely need such a player.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Deschamps: “The right mentality”

It was a satisfied Didier Deschamps who commented on the victory against Lecce: “I was really pleased with the team’s attitude. It’s great to see De Ceglie score, Venitucci play with personality and character… The youngsters and the champions together form a formidable group. Apart from Bojinov and Palladino, who have already played in Serie A, you need to let the youngsters grow with patience”. And speaking of Bojinov: “The first goal gave him confidence, seeing as he’d had a few problems in the first half. He’s young though, he just needs to improve his build-up play”. An analysis of the game: “We had a couple of chances in the first half. Lecce showed they are a quality side which likes to keep possession. We had the right mentality out there and after going a goal down, we believed in ourselves and turned things round”. Deschamps looked forward to the trip to Genoa. The journalists asked whether he’d have any players back in time: “I don’t think so, I’d say we’ll have to wait another week”. Then a run-down of the Bianconeri’s next opponents: Genoa create a lot of play, they conceded three goals from three shots last night but they dominated the game. Even if they haven’t had positive results of late, it’s a technical side that plays well”.

And finally a thought for Romeo, our kit-man who passed away two days ago: “All the players that knew him, including myself, will remember him with great affection. He’s someone who dedicated their life to Juventus, and as a person, he was extraordinary”.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
What happenned today was amazing. It might be just another victory for Juventus in Serie B on paper, BUT in reality it is much more than that. Today the team showed that THEY REALLY A TEAM, on and off the pitch. One cannot help notice how the team continued to trust its youngsters. Whether its coach, management or even players. We were lacking 12 players on whome almost all of them are starters. Never the less the team played a single unit. We saw our young forwards battling for every ball and every chance. They may have wasted alot but thats alright better waste now and score when needed the msot. We saw the passion in our players eyes. How they got triggered by going one goal down and how they pushed to acheive the equaliser in less than 2 min. How we paid respect to our loved ones (Romeo) and how we showed faith in our young ones.
One couldn't help but admire how the midfield continued to supply Boji and Palla although they were wasting alot. One could just applause Camoranesi for passing the ball to palladino to score although he could've finished it himself. This might be alright if we were fighting for the scudetto or the CL. All of that took place in Serie B. In a team which got demoted (wrongly and with great unjust) a few months back. A team that consist of players whoa re supposed to compete at the top levels and are found in a league they are not supposed to be at.
I think we have to thank all of them for such a wonderful spirit, but one should never forget the one behind all this. Didier Deschamps.
In the past couple of weeks we've seen alot of things that shows how great this coach really is. We've seen how close he is to the players and how much the player hold respect for him. When Del Piero got injured unlike what Capello and many other coaches would have done by just subbiing the player and focusing on the pitch, he took a few seconds just to lean on Alex while limping to show support and concern. Another example, today when he wanted to sub a forward he took off the player who scored 2 goals and let on the player who did not score (mind you he was on fire trying to find a goal). He gave trust to this player who ended up scoring..
Just the fact of managing to keep such a big team with its big players focused in the Serie B is worth all the praise.
After balzaretti got subbed we all saw a scene. A Scene were I can say that yes this coach has reached deep into our players hearts in terms of respect and love. Once Balzaretti was out of the pitch he went straight o DD and hugged him.
With him we are playing better and more attractive football than what we were doing in the past couple of years + the team is playing AS A TEAM. Don't givem the crap that we are in serie B and its different because I know, Serie A is more difficult but today we played against Lecce (which is considered a serie A team) with 12 players missing and we won BIG. not only that we came back from behind.

I had lots of thoughts that I wanted ot type down immediatly after the game but the site went down.

All respect goes to DD and his crew. I am just sad you weren't with us in the past couple of years. I sure hope that you stay with us as long as possible..

Forza DD and good luck.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
ZAF3000 said:
What happenned today was amazing. It might be just another victory for Juventus in Serie B on paper, BUT in reality it is much more than that. Today the team showed that THEY REALLY A TEAM, on and off the pitch. One cannot help notice how the team continued to trust its youngsters. Whether its coach, management or even players. We were lacking 12 players on whome almost all of them are starters. Never the less the team played a single unit. We saw our young forwards battling for every ball and every chance. They may have wasted alot but thats alright better waste now and score when needed the msot. We saw the passion in our players eyes. How they got triggered by going one goal down and how they pushed to acheive the equaliser in less than 2 min. How we paid respect to our loved ones (Romeo) and how we showed faith in our young ones.
One couldn't help but admire how the midfield continued to supply Boji and Palla although they were wasting alot. One could just applause Camoranesi for passing the ball to palladino to score although he could've finished it himself. This might be alright if we were fighting for the scudetto or the CL. All of that took place in Serie B. In a team which got demoted (wrongly and with great unjust) a few months back. A team that consist of players whoa re supposed to compete at the top levels and are found in a league they are not supposed to be at.
I think we have to thank all of them for such a wonderful spirit, but one should never forget the one behind all this. Didier Deschamps.
In the past couple of weeks we've seen alot of things that shows how great this coach really is. We've seen how close he is to the players and how much the player hold respect for him. When Del Piero got injured unlike what Capello and many other coaches would have done by just subbiing the player and focusing on the pitch, he took a few seconds just to lean on Alex while limping to show support and concern. Another example, today when he wanted to sub a forward he took off the player who scored 2 goals and let on the player who did not score (mind you he was on fire trying to find a goal). He gave trust to this player who ended up scoring..
Just the fact of managing to keep such a big team with its big players focused in the Serie B is worth all the praise.
After balzaretti got subbed we all saw a scene. A Scene were I can say that yes this coach has reached deep into our players hearts in terms of respect and love. Once Balzaretti was out of the pitch he went straight o DD and hugged him.
With him we are playing better and more attractive football than what we were doing in the past couple of years + the team is playing AS A TEAM. Don't givem the crap that we are in serie B and its different because I know, Serie A is more difficult but today we played against Lecce (which is considered a serie A team) with 12 players missing and we won BIG. not only that we came back from behind.

I had lots of thoughts that I wanted ot type down immediatly after the game but the site went down.

All respect goes to DD and his crew. I am just sad you weren't with us in the past couple of years. I sure hope that you stay with us as long as possible..

Forza DD and good luck.
Even I would have found to reproduce that.:D (Mark83 always complains about me being garrulous - Sorry couldnt help it GRE word:p ).

I saw the highlights only but it was evident from the way players were celebrating that they are pretty tight with each other. You could see players were really happy for the goal-scorers, and it seems senior players have taken their liking on young De Ceglie.

I like the looks of this group. I havent seen them in action yet (though I am planning to visit Stadio Olimpico whilst in Europe) so I am making reservations on judgements but I like the unity within the camp. Gone are the days players butting each other, arrogant attitudes, gutless performances at the big stage. The bad apples are gone. That helps as well. Only the real men are playing for us these days. Nonetheless DD has done a tremendous group, and as I have always said I think DD is a compassionate man. He wasnt just a great player but also great man from all accounts that I have read. Capello may be a winner but he isnt a good coach. DD has resurrected more careers and given chances to players in his fledgling career than Capello has ever done for last 20 years or so.
DD is alongside Del Piero, Baggio, Leonardo, Ihara my favorite player all time, I really hope he lasts for next 20 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)