Didier Deschamps (14 Viewers)

May 25, 2006

“It’s the same as always, we need to win in Treviso. We need to pick up where we left off; more than fifteen days have gone by with our players all over Europe, but we want to get back to winning ways and confirm the good work we’ve done over the last few days”. Didier Deschamps wants to see the Juve of the last four games, capable of putting together a string of convincing results. Preparation time for the game against Treviso hasn’t been ideal, but with the game moved to Monday, the players returning from international duty have had time to recover. “It’s never easy returning from action in Europe and getting straight back to work, above all from a psychological point of view. Having said that, if the game were on Saturday it would have caused more problems. Playing on Monday night has given us more time to focus and return to the right condition”. A win against Treviso would give Juventus the chance to overtake Arezzo in the league table. “For now I’m not looking at where we are in the standings. We still need to pick up a massive amount of points and there’s a long way to go yet. We’ve gained some ground, but there are teams like Genoa who haven’t been giving much away. We need to carry on without mistakes, only then, around the December break, can we start looking at the league table”. Only a win will do away at Treviso, a team Deschamps seems to know well. “They almost always deploy a 4-4-2, an effective formation which has enabled them to pick up good results. Their strengths definitely lie up front, with experienced and quality players like Fava and Beghetto, the lynch pins of the team”. :smoke:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
thanx for posting that, i was just going to post it.
Anyway Fave should give the defence a good run.Would be interesting to see how DD handles that situation.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Am glad to see that DD wasn't happy with the performance, i think he needs to start rotating the attack.Especially since the teams playing against us r pushing and leaving space behind and we r not exploiting that.

May 25, 2006

“We knew it was going to be a hard game. We struggled a little but it’s always great to win when you haven’t had it all your own way. It was a complicated game for us”. Deschamps was satisfied after his team had battled their way to a 1-0 win in Trieste. “Triestina were well organised and they denied us space in midfield, it’s for that reason we created relatively few chances on goal”. :sob:

The Frenchman was happy to explain a technical point to the attending journalists. “The fact we won doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement. For example, there were times when we took too long getting the ball forward and it limited our options in the final third. Having said that, our lack of chances on goal this afternoon was down to Triestina’s defensive system”. :lazy:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Serie B Tim - 27 Oct 2006 - 2:42 PM

Deschamps: “No distractions!”

On the eve of the clash with Frosinone, Didier Deschamps introduced the first of the Bianconeri’s three games in little over a week, with a home fixture against Brescia on Wednesday and an away trip to Napoli the following Monday to look forward to. “It’s true the direct encounters are extremely important, but we need to concentrate on each game as it comes. I’ll be making use of the whole squad to put out the best possible team, particularly in midfield and attack where I have more options. Thanks to injuries, I’ve had very few opportunities to change things round in defence. Luckily Legrottaglie has returned to fitness, as he was playing well before his injury. Having said that, it’s important to have an understanding between the players at the back, playing together must become second nature”. And Nedved? “He’s seen a lot of action as, no longer having international commitments, he has more time to recover. He’s fine, and in great form”. Giannichedda, on the other hand, will not be available to Deschamps for Saturday’s game as he’s suffering from a problem with his left knee. After Deschamps had given them a talking to in training this week, the journalists asked whether there’s a risk of the players being too relaxed. “There is always a risk. I actually told the boys that if we let up we’re bound to have some difficulties. You could see that during the last two games where we were perhaps a little too distracted. As far as what happened in training is concerned, it’s perfectly normal. If I don’t see the right attitude it’s only natural I give the team a talking to. These things happen and it’s nothing to do with our situation at the moment, it’s happened before”. And a word on Frosinone. “They have a good team and they’ve picked up some impressive results, especially away from home. They are strong in attack and Anaclerio dictates the game well in midfield. They have shown character and quality”.
Gianni out; Legro in.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
...... & DP's name is in the call up list. Perhaps he will get his 200th after all. :)

Serie B Tim - 27 Oct 2006 - 2:45 PM

Juventus-Frosinone: the call-ups

Here is the list of players called-up by Deschamps for Saturday afternoon’s clash between Juventus and Frosinone:

1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
4 Kovac
6 Zanetti
9 Bojinov
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Mirante
14 Balzaretti
15 Marchisio
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Boumsong
19 Paro
20 Palladino
25 Zalayeta
30 Legrottaglie
32 Marchionni

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
mark83 said:
Legro in?

Instead who?
Chiellini is suspended and Shredder is injured. Legro will be put on the bench. Birindelli and Balzaretti will cover the back positions and Kovac and Boumsong will play in the centre as usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)