Didier Deschamps (4 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Omair said:
Well said coach :D

although i think he should switch starters ... no need to burn up players so early in the championships .. that was crap's biggest mistake ..
Second biggest - IMO his biggest was to keep playing the same players even after they had burned out. No wonder we kept losing points in the latter half of last season.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 25, 2006
although i think he should switch starters ... no need to burn up players so early in the championships .. that was crap's biggest mistake ..
Sorry, but I disagree with you. I think if he`d switch his starting line-up every-week!, it will effect the harmony between the players. especially, when it comes to the defence and midfield. yes he could give some-players a rest once in a while, especially the old players, that`s OK. but he can`t do that every-week!.....:rolleyes2 .

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Miss Dangerous* said:
Sorry, but I disagree with you. I think if he`d switch his starting line-up every-week!, it will effect the harmony between the players. especially, when it comes to the defence and midfield. yes he could give some-players a rest once in a while, especially the old players, that`s OK. but he can`t do that every-week!.....:rolleyes2 .

I liked what he did against Crotone, it looked even better when Bojinov scored a brace too. Rested either they were injured or not but DP & Trez wasnt playing and we still won 3-0.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Omair said:
Well said coach :D

:D

there could be rotation in some positions, without harming the team harmony. Like the attack and even the wingers. I want to see both marchionni and camo starting and neddy getting a rest.

Also mybe some rotation upfront, but with the form the forwards r in now thats very hard.

I dont think there will be much rotation at the back though.Mybe just the LB position, as DD wants to keep the the backline stable and thats very important.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Just to clear things up, a rotation strategy does not mean you change the starting line-up every week. Its more of "not playing the same line-up every week".

So you change starters every few games, but not in a consistant way, just depending on form and matches to be played.

In this sense, at the momment DD is doing great, he's building the main team but I think more and more we will see others get into the first team mix.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I think DD should rest Nedved.

He is 34 years old and has played 5 full games in a row.

He d better start using Marchionni more or he will start complaining.

Otherwise I have no complaints.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
TURIN, Italy (AP) - Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano almost signed with Juventus, according to coach Didier Deschamps.

''He was very close to Juventus, but then other circumstances took over and it wasn't possible to get him,'' Deschamps said in Wednesday's edition of Italian daily Corriere dello Sport.

Mascherano, who came to prominence at this year's World Cup, instead joined West Ham from Brazilian club Corinthians in August - one of the biggest transfer coups in the off-season.

Juventus was stripped of its past two Serie A titles and relegated to the second division by a sports tribunal in July for its role in Italy's match-fixing scandal.

The 22-year-old Mascherano and compatriot Carlos Tevez, who also transferred to the Hammers from Corinthians, had been linked to Manchester United, Arsenal, Bayern Munich and AC Milan.

The players' contracts are owned by British-based company Media Sports Investment, which is financially involved with Corinthians and is reportedly interested in buying West Ham.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)