Didier Deschamps (10 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
vlatko said:
that i can live with. personally if all this didn't happen to juve i'd still sell him.
i wouldnt back then but now i would sell him.His attitude is not welcomed, if he has a change in attitude then i would welcome him staying.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

sateeh said:
i wouldnt back then but now i would sell him.His attitude is not welcomed, if he has a change in attitude then i would welcome him staying.
i would sell him either way. even before the scandal broke loose he was starting problems and behaving quite unprofessionally. now he's 30, his value isn't high to start with, he's not so hot on the market as well, in a year or two we'd release him on a free. now we could earn about 10mil euro, from lyon for example. i'd give marchionni his role without a second thought.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Didier unleashes Del Piero
Saturday 26 August, 2006
Juventus boss Didier Deschamps admits he could field Alessandro Del Piero from the start in Sunday’s Coppa Italia showdown with Napoli.

“We still have a few problems upfront, as Marcelo Zalayeta returned late from Uruguay and will be fined. David Trezeguet is dealing with injuries and Del Piero can’t play 90 minutes. I can’t say if he’ll start, but Alessandro will certainly feature,” explained the Coach.

'Alex’ proved decisive in the last round, coming off the bench to secure a hard-fought 2-1 win over Serie B outfit Cesena.

Now the Bianconeri face a far tougher prospect, as they’ll take on Napoli in front of an estimated 60,000 fans at the Stadio San Paolo for the Third Round.

“If he starts the match, then he’ll come off when he feels tired. If Del Piero is a substitute, then his quality will shine through when the tempo begins to flag. In any case, I think the important thing for this side is to have a great midfield, as that is where a team stems from.”

Del Piero hit the headlines this week when he continued to berate former Bianconeri boss Fabio Capello by confessing, “If he hadn’t left, then I would’ve gone abroad.” However, Deschamps refused to be drawn into the melee.

“Don’t you dare think I’m going to comment on these things. Aside from everything, I think that if you have someone like Del Piero in your team, you’d do well to play him. If he loses fitness levels over the year then that’s a different matter, but the important thing is to be clear.

“There are two fundamental rules a Coach must follow,” continued the ex-Monaco tactician. “He must never make promises to players or stay on the pitch with them. If you play alongside them, you lose something in terms of authority.”

Nicola Legrottaglie is also out of Sunday’s showdown, picking up a thigh problem that’ll keep him sidelined for a month, while new signing Jean-Alain Boumsong’s international transfer has not yet come through from Newcastle United.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
interesting stuff by the Monsiuer
Didnt know that Zala was going to fined though, looks like DD doesnt like il discipline.Good to see him stamping his authority early on though

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well we dont have legro so would be interesting to see if hes going to field biri or give gianni a chance there

I think the defence is doing alrite considering the personnel that have been playing there.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Over the past few games Monsieur DD did a good job of organising the team defensively and upfront. The team looks organised now and we just need the team to try and own the midfield from the begining and make the other teams run after it.

DD is doing a job, even with rotating the full backs.Although that could backfire, for now its alrite though.

I like how hes giving paro a fair chance, cuz he is a talent.
And also that hes alternating between him and gianni depending on the type of opposition.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
DD is building confidence in the team. They are playing quite well in a very short period of time, albeit against lesser competition. The big challenge for him now will be to sustain that level of intensity throughout the long season without burning the players out or letting them get overconfident.

But so far... Forza DD! :thumbs:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
swag said:
DD is building confidence in the team. They are playing quite well in a very short period of time, albeit against lesser competition. The big challenge for him now will be to sustain that level of intensity throughout the long season without or letting them get overconfident.

But so far... Forza DD! :thumbs:
spot on

but abt burning the players, dont u think that he should've given neddy a rest already ? 90mins for every game is not the best way to perserve a 34 yr old

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
sateeh said:
spot on

but abt burning the players, dont u think that he should've given neddy a rest already ? 90mins for every game is not the best way to perserve a 34 yr old
one thing is for sure Neddy is not a normal 34 year old

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Alfio_87 said:
one thing is for sure Neddy is not a normal 34 year old
yeah he is no normal one, still running hard and tracking back to cover the defense. A while ago i read that mancini was whinning abt the fact that that poof figo is 34 and cant play every game for 90mins :D .

But still i think he needs to be taken off, just to keep him fit for the whole season. And also to give marchionni and camo a chance together. Especially since camo was playing on the left for a while in the Modena game.

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
ZAF3000 said:
Heil DD.. Our game has improved alot. Last game we played better than we ever played with Crapello.
Ehh...let's not forget, we're also playing Serie B teams instead of Serie A teams. The quality of our opponents might have something to do with it. On the other hand, Capello would probably put 8 guys behind the ball after 1-0, and certainly after 2-0. So with all that said, forza Didi!:)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Don't forget that there are about 5-6 teams in both B and A are more or less in same level of performance. We never played like this Capello during his 2 seasons with us. We were boring and dull.. This is attractive football that we missed.
Another thing to note is that the fans are filling the stadium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)