Didier Deschamps (11 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
When Frenchman Didier Deschamps took over as Juventus coach in July following the departure of Fabio Capello and the club’s plunge to Serie B, he knew he had his work cut out for him.

Deschamps is now managing a Juventus team that is undefeated and currently in second place in the Serie B standings. The club, which holds the best record in the league, is just a point behind first place Napoli.

“Certainly, it was tough to think that we could be this high up in the standings,” Deschamps said. “I want to give the credit to the players for having been able to record 10 wins and four ties.”

With Capello ditching the club for Real Madrid – and taking defender and recently-crowned European Player of the Year Fabio Cannavaro with him – Deschamps inherited a team in disarray. However, he was lucky enough to keep the backbone of the squad, including goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, midfielders Alessandro Del Piero, Mauro Camoranesi and Pavel Nedved along with striker David Trezeguet – five players who played at last summer’s World Cup in Germany.

Of course, Juventus has had to deal with a nine-point handicap (originally 17, but an arbitration panel reduced the penalty in October) as a result of the Calciopoli scandal, but Deschamps has taken the point deduction in stride.

“We need to continue [winning] if we want to earn a quick return to Serie A,” said Deschamps, who captained France to the 1998 World Cup title.

A young 38, Deschamps is no stranger to Juventus. He played for the club for five seasons starting in 1994, winning three Italian titles and the Champions League in 1996. He also won a Coppa Italia and two Italian SuperCups during his time with the club.

Despite being stacked with talent, Juventus has had to tangle with a number of other former Serie A clubs who have promotion aspirations, including Napoli and Genoa.

Juventus managed a 2-2 draw on the road last Friday against Genoa in a game which had all the drama and excitement of a top flight fixture. The match also featured two of the country’s most storied clubs: Genoa, founded in 1893, is Italy’s first professional club and Juventus has the most Serie A titles with 27.

“They gave us a tough time in the first period, but even we were able to create plenty of scoring chances,” said Deschamps. “Genoa is a quality team. Nearly half the players on their roster could play in Serie A.”

Juventus plays Verona, another former Serie A club, this Saturday at home.

While Juventus slugs it out against another promotion contender, the club’s youth team, which features players between the ages of 16 and 18, arrived Monday in Bradenton, Florida to participate in the Nike Friendlies. Juventus will be coached by former Napoli and Juventus defender Ciro Ferrara.

The competition, an annual event sponsored by the U.S. Soccer Federation, features youth teams from around the world. The tournament, which will run for three days starting December 7, will be held at the IMG Academy.

Goal.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
mark83 said:
When Frenchman Didier Deschamps took over as Juventus coach in July following the departure of Fabio Capello and the club’s plunge to Serie B, he knew he had his work cut out for him.

Deschamps is now managing a Juventus team that is undefeated and currently in second place in the Serie B standings. The club, which holds the best record in the league, is just a point behind first place Napoli.

“Certainly, it was tough to think that we could be this high up in the standings,” Deschamps said. “I want to give the credit to the players for having been able to record 10 wins and four ties.”

With Capello ditching the club for Real Madrid – and taking defender and recently-crowned European Player of the Year Fabio Cannavaro with him – Deschamps inherited a team in disarray. However, he was lucky enough to keep the backbone of the squad, including goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, midfielders Alessandro Del Piero, Mauro Camoranesi and Pavel Nedved along with striker David Trezeguet – five players who played at last summer’s World Cup in Germany.

Of course, Juventus has had to deal with a nine-point handicap (originally 17, but an arbitration panel reduced the penalty in October) as a result of the Calciopoli scandal, but Deschamps has taken the point deduction in stride.

“We need to continue [winning] if we want to earn a quick return to Serie A,” said Deschamps, who captained France to the 1998 World Cup title.

A young 38, Deschamps is no stranger to Juventus. He played for the club for five seasons starting in 1994, winning three Italian titles and the Champions League in 1996. He also won a Coppa Italia and two Italian SuperCups during his time with the club.

Despite being stacked with talent, Juventus has had to tangle with a number of other former Serie A clubs who have promotion aspirations, including Napoli and Genoa.

Juventus managed a [B]2-2[/B] draw on the road last Friday against Genoa in a game which had all the drama and excitement of a top flight fixture. The match also featured two of the country’s most storied clubs: Genoa, founded in 1893, is Italy’s first professional club and Juventus has the most Serie A titles with 27.

“They gave us a tough time in the first period, but even we were able to create plenty of scoring chances,” said Deschamps. “Genoa is a quality team. Nearly half the players on their roster could play in Serie A.”

Juventus plays Verona, another former Serie A club, this Saturday at home.

While Juventus slugs it out against another promotion contender, the club’s youth team, which features players between the ages of 16 and 18, arrived Monday in Bradenton, Florida to participate in the Nike Friendlies. Juventus will be coached by former Napoli and Juventus defender Ciro Ferrara.

The competition, an annual event sponsored by the U.S. Soccer Federation, features youth teams from around the world. The tournament, which will run for three days starting December 7, will be held at the IMG Academy.

Goal.com
:rofl2:

Obviously the writer has done some excellent research.:D

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Jun-hide said:
:rofl2:

Obviously the writer has done some excellent research.:D
:D Yeah, I didn´t even notice that. What a prick...:D

Hey, Jun, how about some +rep, some idiots (I won´t mention them) are giving me -rep all the time.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
TuttosportThe anti-Inter? Juve – Deschamps: ‘With Ibra and Vieira we could compete in Serie A’

It was in Tuttosport today's headlines from Channel 4!!!
anyone has an idea?!!! :smoke:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
mark83 said:
:D Yeah, I didn´t even notice that. What a prick...:D

Hey, Jun, how about some +rep, some idiots (I won´t mention them) are giving me -rep all the time.
hey Mark, I dunno how to +rep you man. You are seriously over-stating my computer skills.:D Just write it down, and i'll do for you.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Are you for real?:D

All this analyses in your posts which I would have to write over 2 hours:D and you don´t know how to +REP?:D

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Are you for real?:D

All this analyses in your posts which I would have to write over 2 hours:D and you don´t know how to +REP?:D
It took me a while to use them, Mark.....
..... and now, with this new "upgrade" there are even more buttons! I now have to fathom out what they're for & how to use them!

"reply gives you a text box to type in a quick reply,
Multiquote is probably to allow you to quote more than one person at a time (Oh boy, those posts will be long)
...But what does the report button do & what's it for?????

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
- 3 new stars will come: Defender, Mid, Striker
- 2-3 bosman/Fifa rule
- impressed by Paro and Palladino
- 3 game ban to Pavel would be correct
- Bologna will be a though opponent
- Mascherano? At the right price

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
- 3 new stars will come: Defender, Mid, Striker
- 2-3 bosman/Fifa rule
- impressed by Paro and Palladino
- 3 game ban to Pavel would be correct
- Bologna will be a though opponent
- Mascherano? At the right price

what about Marchisio and De cegli ?!!!! :cry:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Mark(83) is joking. Though DD does say that for Marchisio and De Ceglie the jump from the youth to the first team will be more complicated, due to the lack of Serie A experience. As opposed to Paro and Palladino, who do have that expierence and thus they(P&P) have the biggest chance of a future in Juventus.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Mark(83) is joking. Though DD does say that for Marchisio and De Ceglie the jump from the youth to the first team will be more complicated, due to the lack of Serie A experience. As opposed to Paro and Palladino, who do have that expierence and thus they(P&P) have the biggest chance of a future in Juventus.
:agree:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
who knows what they are capable of!!! many players made their way in serie A teams after coming from lower leauges!!!
its DD's chance to try them a lot this year and then he can decide better whether 2 keep them or loan them out :smoke:

Igal

Mar 8, 2004
It has been hinted that Chelsea might want DD as their new manager instead of Mourinho who will leave Chelsea in the summer. What do you think of a swap between the 2 managers?
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Mourinho as the next Juve manager.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)