Delle Alpi to be restructured (3 Viewers)

Which option for the delle Alpi: Restore or Rebuild?

• Restore = Pisanu/UEFA compliance, 50k seats, same structure, same stands-to-pitch gap

• Rebuild = 40k seats for brand-spanking new park socking us into debt. (Costs 10x+ more than Restore)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i hope we can add a third option to the poll : to leave it as it is and concentrate on getting new players for next season CL.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Lets just hope that Ukraine would fail to host the Euro's in 2012 so that Italy can. That way the government can loan the money to Juve without interest.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006

DudebuD

Jul 6, 2007
Picture here looks absolutely amazing, i hope to god this is what the stadium will look like:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9172/stadiohx6.jpg
no thats Lazio's stadium proposal, or the new Anfield, as i believe Lazio's new stadium has an olympic pool attached to it. I know for sure that its not Juve's

EDIT: After some research it is Lazio's stadium proposal. "Stadio delle Aquile"

DudebuD

Jul 6, 2007
Once again the new management is missing the boat. We all know that they do not know how to manage a team but I always thought that they would be good at brining revenue into the team based on their track record at FIAT where they managed to turn the FIAT, Maserati, and Ferrari lines into profit from years of losses. When it comes to Juve they are just messing everything up.

I think renovating the Delle Alpi is a fantastic idea since the team was leaving a lot of revenue on the table annually with the low attendance and excessive overhead. I just think they are missing the real reason attendance is low.
First of all the stadium is too big. Turin is a small town that is split in two (half if not more are Toro fans). The stadium is too big and misusing space. Consider that it is only slightly smaller than the Olimpico and bigger than the San Siro which are both shared and in far bigger cities.

The problem is that Turin is too far from where the majority of Juventini are. Most fans are situated south of Rome and find it difficult travelling all the way to Turin for an afternoon. I did it when I lived in Rome and found it really long and uncomfortable (imagine for those in Naples or Lecce, Sicily or worse Sardinia).

Rather than convert a section of the stadium into a banquet hall, why not convert it into a hotel? Overnight packages could be made encouraging Juve fans to make the trek and furthermore visiting clubs could stay there on away games and effectively guarantee occupancy and pay our bills.

The space would be better utilized and more fans would b able to justify the overnight excursion rather than 20 hours on the train for a 90 minute game if the hotel costs were reduced. They could likely get some bulk packages from Trenitalia too and encourage travelers to come in groups. If they were to stay the Saturday evening they could even attend the morning practices and being lighter training sessions (when they do them) I’m sure autograph sessions could be included.

Banquet halls when done properly generate money, there’s no doubt. I don’t see however, how the banquet hall will benefit the team or vice versa…at least not to the extent that the hotel would. I think the team and the hotel would feed into each other in a more direct manner.
The Delle Alpi is smaller than both the Olimpico and San Siro

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
isnt that the new liverpool stadium?????
No this is liverpools:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/images/2007/07/24/lfc_002_470x336.jpg

no thats Lazio's stadium proposal, or the new Anfield, as i believe Lazio's new stadium has an olympic pool attached to it. I know for sure that its not Juve's

EDIT: After some research it is Lazio's stadium proposal. "Stadio delle Aquile"
It looks like you were right, I was so sure that was Juve's as the surrounding area looks absolutely identical to the land currently surrounding the delle alpi. what a shame because that stadium looks soooo good, i didnt even know lazio were building a new one! :(

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I like it... a lot because not only does it look modern it still looks like a stadium, it doesn't look like a screwed up ball of paper like liverpools and a giant greenhouse like lazio's. However, it won't be much of a fortress because 40,000 seats is really not that many for a team of our size, but I know getting supporters to come and watch games at our stadium is impossible, it's just dissapointing that we can't get at least 30,000 a week (manu still sell out when they play crap teams and their fans aren't from manchester)

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
you're right, it's kind of sad, but 40000 seats is good. That's the only way you can create atmosphere, and you can play in a full stadium. Plus, there's an economic aspect to that. Having less seats results in other price-categories, more season-tickets etc etc. So that was the only possible way and they did pretty well i'd say.
That concept with that whole area of businesses, offices, etc strikes me though. i kinda like it and i like the idea that we are bringing up somthing unseen 'til today

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As we will never be able to compete with Man Utd in terms of numbers in the stadium, we must try to compete in terms of atmosphere.

40,000 tight to the pitch making a decent noise can be much more intimidating than 75,000 sitting silently, as is often the case at Old Trafford.

And that design looks good. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)