Delle Alpi to be restructured (1 Viewer)

Which option for the delle Alpi: Restore or Rebuild?

• Restore = Pisanu/UEFA compliance, 50k seats, same structure, same stands-to-pitch gap

• Rebuild = 40k seats for brand-spanking new park socking us into debt. (Costs 10x+ more than Restore)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
As we will never be able to compete with Man Utd in terms of numbers in the stadium, we must try to compete in terms of atmosphere.

40,000 tight to the pitch making a decent noise can be much more intimidating than 75,000 sitting silently, as is often the case at Old Trafford.

And that design looks good. :tup:
Exactly, they just sit there and watch silently until someones scores.

You don't go to a stadium to watch the game FFS (there's TV for that), you go there to scream your ass off :pint:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
εℓvίn;1599318 said:
Exactly, they just sit there and watch silently until someones scores.

You don't go to a stadium to watch the game FFS (there's TV for that), you go there to scream your ass off :pint:
:agree:

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
As we will never be able to compete with Man Utd in terms of numbers in the stadium, we must try to compete in terms of atmosphere.

40,000 tight to the pitch making a decent noise can be much more intimidating than 75,000 sitting silently, as is often the case at Old Trafford.

And that design looks good. :tup:
I totally agree. Smaller stadiums have a better atmosphere. 10.000 ultras in a 40.000 stadium are much louder than in a 70.000 stadium.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
delle alpi looks perhaps impressive from the air but from the inside it is just old and the view is bad. I am very happy that we get a stadium without running track. the atmosphere will be great.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
numbers don't matter when it comes to creating an atmosphere, look at Anfield it also has about 40000 seats and still Liverpool fans make more noice then a 70000 crowd can at Old Trafford

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
I don't know where to post this...
But how do I get a subscription to Juventus Channel?
When I click on it on juventuschannel.com it directs me to sky.it.
But I don't want no pack with inter, milan etc channel.
I only want Juve channel, either to watch it on the computer or through a card in the reciever.
Anyone having experience with this and/or can help me?

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
This is a response by a forum member responding to another forum member that the size of 40k seats is to small for a club like Juventus.

Gunner Jacket: "Actually it's quite perfect. Since the turn of the century Juve's average attendance has been declining from a high around 43k to a more common 30k or less. Their single game highs for each season have averaged around 47k.

With this new, more intimate stadium they'll guarantee atmosphere and higher ticket demand for EVERY match, not just against the bigger names. This will increase the pressure for fans to buy season ticket packages and thus keep the value of the tickets at a premium. It will also enable them to operate with more of a fixed, predictable budget of expenses. Meanwhile, from the looks of it they'll be able to expand as needed, but in the meantime they won't be spending more than needed on construction or on employees for maintaining a much larger facility."

PS: Post # 192
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=440815&page=10

I found his response very interesting and totally agree with him.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Its just a shame we have to wait for some time for the reconstruction to finish as i'd love to see DP play in that stadium. His time might well and truly be up by then, also Neddy. I just hope we bring in a quality batch of young players who'll play together like DP/Neddy/Trez/Gigi/Camo have done. These guys were why we kept winning, moggi's signings. Secco is a load of wank! & i dont ever want the day to come when i'll say Remember when we had a great team , what went wrong. Cant wait for the new stadium especially when there is something to do before match days rather than standing outside the stadium looking at scarf stalls, and hotdog carts.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Juventus sells stadium name rights to Sportfive
Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:29pm EDT

MILAN, March 20 (Reuters) - Italian soccer club Juventus (JUVE.MI: Quote, Profile, Research) has agreed a 15-year marketing partnership with Sportfive, part of Lagardere Sports (LAGA.PA: Quote, Profile, Research), which includes the naming rights of its new stadium and sale of top seats.

In a statement on Thursday, the club said the deal provided base compensation of 6.25 billion euros a year for 12 years and also payments in connection with building the new stadium.

Juventus, one of the world's best-known soccer teams, is currently third placed in Italy's top flight Serie A league.

The team approved plans for a new 105 million euro stadium earlier this week. (Reporting by Jo Winterbottom; Editing by Tim Dobbyn)

-Reuters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)