Del Neri... The worst? (11 Viewers)

Is Del Neri the worst to sit on Juve's bench?

• No, he's not the worst

• Yes, he is the worst

• Undecided till now/can't tell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Forget sample size for a moment, that is only winning percentage.

Week 33 last year, we had 51 points. This year: 52 points. By that same logic, Ciro+Zac is worse.

This isn't Wall Street math, Andy.
I think you have a short memory, Greg. Even last year with Ferrara we had a good first few months to season, so you and Ahmed can't just use DN's win streak in this discussion and not mention it with Ferrara. That's being disingenuous. Plus the latter didn't have a chance to bring us back from a streak of losses since he was promptly fired, which should have happened with the current buffoon.

If the only thing you have available to back Del Neri is the fact that the team hasn't completely given up on him, then you're clutching at straws. One could say that since the turn of the new year, this team looked just as bad -- and just as unmotivated -- at any point over the duration of last season. And it's also a bit peculiar to come in here and purport that DN has the team inspired when we showed absolutely no will to win this past weekend... when we needed to! So I simply don't buy that argument.

Then once you consider the money spent in the summer, the current state of Serie A, the Europa league performances that were a complete embarrassment to the club, other debacles of this season, and his long personnel history of failure across Europe, I have no idea how one can say DN is a better manager than frankly anybody. It doesn't make any sense to me.

This total failure of a manager needs to be placed in the bin and the "empty trash" button needs to be clicked.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This is depressing. It's like being asked, would you rather step in a pile of dog shit, or have Berlusconi piss on you?

Zac and Ferrara were horrible, but DN is utter shite. It's really difficult to decide on who was the worst. Many factors come into play, but DN is most definitely one of the worst to ever coach Juventus.

Aug 1, 2003
I've never liked the idea of DN coaching Juve (one man who can never defeat us then is now coaching us!) but personally I think the combo of Ciro + Zac was worse, maybe because of the sheer magnitude of suffering we had to endure in a period of time and by the time Del Neri came, I could face up to anything.

It's like being heartbroken by your first serious boyfriend with Ciro and Zac, and after that you're pretty immune.

Having said that, I hate Ranieri the most.

Apr 15, 2006
I think Del Scary is the worst. Other than the fact that we are in the same league position as last season, he did not take the Europa League and the Italian Cup seriously. 6 draws in the group stages? Really? We couldn't manager to win even ONE game there. Agreed that we missed Quagi and aqua there, but this EL was an embarassment. Ciro and Ranieri at least got us out of the group stages.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #108

Week 33 last year, we had 51 points. This year: 52 points. By that same logic, Ciro+Zac is worse.

Ciro wasn't an experienced coach who coached sides in Serie A. Or even Serie B team. So I'm not really putting him in the circle. Add to that, Del Neri has Marotta to buy him the list he requires Ferrara wasn't having a word in our transfer market when he took in-charge.

As for Zach, he can't be worse than Del Neri. I bet you that Del Neri would have finished last in the Asian Group-stage had he coached Japan instead of Zach.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    How do you can judge Zac if he had an opportunity to coach us just in the end of champ..? And coaches achievements with differents clubs are really important. With help of it you can understand that coach is better comparing to each other. A coach with a lot of titles like Lippi for example or a guy who reached the place of Champions league with sampa? You feel the different? :)
    Of course, when looking for a different coach, when "judging" their overall careers, etc.

But when you're talking about the worst Juve coach ever, the only thing that matters to me is how they did while being at Juve.

Just looking at statistics doesn't really tell you everything IMO. Also there is plenty of blame to go around in the team and management for why the club has had such an awful season.

As much as I hate Del Neri and would love to blame this all on him and Marco Motta, it's not fair.
    :agree:

Ask yourself the question: Is this team (individual players' qualities) better than last year's?

For me personally, the answer would be no.

May 4, 2004
    I think he means we're on track to having a worse or just as bad a season this year and that shouldn't be the case. Although Ferrara was worse but he was green. Delneri is just bad.
    :tup: ALC

And I just realized that it's the EL qualifying matches we played against Shamrock and Sturm that put DN above 40%. In serie A, EL groups and Coppa Italia he has 36.58% and only Pooopo beats him in awfulness.
    That was a great list Alen..

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #115
    I don't know how this guy got his coaching licence.
    I would like to live in Del Neri's brain for two days. 1day before the game to see how he prepare the team the 2nd right during the game. Thing is, I could suffocate inside his brain because lot of liquid liquidize during process.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    I would like to live in Del Neri's brain for two days. 1day before the game to see how he prepare the team the 2nd right during the game. Thing is, I could suffocate inside his brain because lot of liquid liquidize during process.
    You also could burn there :D

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001

Exactly!

These stats don't show the whole picture, but can give you some idea about the managers. All of them had different teams, different problems etc.. If we go with this logic, Didier is a legend then, no one can beat his stats.

As for Zac, we can't judge him, that wasn't the team he wanted, he took it when the morale was zero, and couldn't fix anything, or had the chance to do!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)