Dear Mr Ranieri (2 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Lets not make fool of our selfs Rab, Zambro is twice the player Chiellini will ever be... being mercenary doesn't change this fact.
Zambrotta at his best (during the Lippi era) was better than Chiellini now. Mind you Chiellini has yet to develop who knows if he can be better or not.
Truth has to be said, Zambrotta used to play RB and LB, LW and RW almost as good as each other which is something you cannot find easily. His forward sprints, which we did not see during the capello times, was one of our most lethal offensive weapons.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Lets not make fool of our selfs Rab, Zambro is twice the player Chiellini will ever be... being mercenary doesn't change this fact.
you never know. Zambrotta at this age (Chiellini's), wasn't half of what is Chiellini now (at this age).. Zamrotta wasn't even a full back back then btw

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't think it will be possible to compare the two because, by the time Chiellini reaches his prime, I expect him to be playing CB for us.

Chiellini will never be as good as Zambro offensively however he may become as good as him defensively.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
you never know. Zambrotta at this age (Chiellini's), wasn't half of what is Chiellini now (at this age).. Zamrotta wasn't even a full back back then btw
Zambo was a hell of a winger, attackin winger....I liked him better there because of how he leaves defenders in the dust. The only reason u guys don't see him at that age was because he was playin at a less well known club.

who the hell is zambrotta
He's da Shit on my Av

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Chiellini is one of italy's most talented players and a consistent performer for us. He is one of the last players, we should have our doubts about.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I don't think it will be possible to compare the two because, by the time Chiellini reaches his prime, I expect him to be playing CB for us.

Chiellini will never be as good as Zambro offensively however he may become as good as him defensively.
that is just opinion. Chiellini can be better than him or he canbe worse by what he is now, it all depends on him and the coaches..

who the hell is zambrotta
one of the Best ever Left backs I ever saw, along with Roberto Carlos at his best, maybe he was better than the later.

Zambo was a hell of a winger, attackin winger....I liked him better there because of how he leaves defenders in the dust. The only reason u guys don't see him at that age was because he was playin at a less well known club.
you got me wrong, I am telling you when Zambrotta was young 22, 23? he was another regular midfielder that plays in Serie B. he wasn't anything special. He improved a lot lately, I am telling you that that logic was wrong when someone compared these two. and you are wrong, I saw him playing at that age, when he was at Bari, along with Cassano. and I also was watching Camoranesi at his time at Verona..

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I like Chiellini better as a centre back though, he is a good header and also quite strong.
Me too. He seems too rigid i.mo to b the kinda fullback required in modern football. But as a centre back...I c the future

It's only a shame Balza is being released though. That left back position is one of the most difficult to prpoerly fill imo. And we'll wanna have some reasonable players to challenge 4 the coppa

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #77
    After reading the pots on here, it just kinda makes you wonder. I have always said Chiellini would make a decent centre back because as far as I am concerned he sucks at left back and nothing anyone says on here would change my mind about that. he is awful going forward and as for his performances last season, well, even I with my ill deserved brag of being knowledgeable in football, I have never heard of the following teams in my life, Albinoleffe,Crotone,Spezia,Frosinone,Triestina,Mantova,Rimini and Arezzo. If he that good , he should be brilliant against such teams not just good. Comparing him to zambrotta who is currently playing in the best league in Europe is just foolhardy.
    I hear Balzaretti is leaving to Fiorentina, shame because I liked him, he cannot defend, but he is good going forward. People laugh at my suggestions of Makele and especially Roberto Carlos, mainly because of their ages. well guess what, it does not matter how old you are but how fit you are and noone in our squad is fitter than Roberto Carlos, maybe Nedved,but Nedved is no spring chicken either
    Lets analyse this age thing for a second, our 2 best players this season were Nedved and Dp, without doubt and they are above 30. Milan won the CL with Inzaghi, Maldini, Nesta and co over 30. In fact the youngest member of that backline , Jankulowski is also the worst player. Cafu went to Milan at 33 and has won the Cl twice with them, the league and the Italian cup
    The French national team that got to the world cup final had so many 30 somethings as well who all played well. Roberto Carlos and Makele would not only bring experience but also improve the dressing room morale which is very important as they have won everything in the book and would be highly respected. They still have at least 3 good years in them as they are fit and thats what matters. I was reading we have zanetti, so what, they guy has only completed something close to a full season once, and that was Roma's championship winning season. He is not even that good. Which young player would come to juventus solely because they wanna learn from Christian Zanetti? Makelele and especially Carlos are world renowned and youcan easily attract great prospects from Brazil and France because of these players. Whats the point in paying 10m on Sissoko, just because he is young, when we all know that if he does not shine in his first season, he is offloaded like Thierry Henry, Appiah, Miccolli, Maresca and so many others. Just for the record Roberto Carlos helped to set up the potential title winning equaliser in the dying minutes, not bad for a 33 year old in a league which is quicker than serieA. Pity he is going or gone to Fenerbarche really, not to worry we can console ourselves witht he purchase of the much younger and world beater Almiron
    Get tried and proven alongside exciting prospects and making sure they all gel is the key to success. How many times i have read the amount of ridicule bestowed on some players on this forum for me not to take opinions on here seriously. Beckham has been ridiculed but he is proving catalyst of success for bot club and country and he is 32. Cristiano Ronaldo is continually besmirched and he is a great player so are the likes of Ronaldo of Milan.
    At this point in time we have a squad consisting of Zebina, Boumsong, Grygera and Salihamidic, yes , great reasons for optimism there. I neglected to include that I won't mind having Cordoba and Grosso from Inter here as well

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #79
    As a left back even at 40 he would always be superior to Chiellini in my eyes. I did not see any serieb matches save for the first against Rimini and I do nto believe in highlights at all but I saw italy versus England under21 and he sucked at left back, his crosses were just pathetic. He how old? 23? and he still playing for the under21's? Always a good indicator of a player who has not fulfilled potential of earlier promise and perhaps would never do so. I am sick of reading how good some pretty average players are like Bonera and Brighi before him. It just seems as long as you are a Juventus player and you are young an Italian, you get undue and totally undeserved praise. I mean how is Chiellini as a full back better than Zebina? The guy can defend I give him that but he is no good at left full back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)