Dear Mr Ranieri (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
May I take this opportunity to welcome you as the manager of this great club of ours and wish you every success possible.
I have to be honest and say you would not have been in my top 10 of prospective managers for Juventus as your track record in serieA is not great. You did not exactly shake any trees during your time at Napoli and Fiorentina. The one place you did impress me was your first spell at Valencia, the less said about your second spell the better. I guess where you gathered your biggest legacy was at chelsea where you were known as the tinker man and impressed people with your very weird sayings.
I have been totally underwhelmed with the players we seem to be linked with and with our current crop of players who quite honestly are not very good, its worrying to think in what direction this club is being directed.
Everyone on this forum knows i detest moggi but i cannot see him hiring you for a start and then going on to try and buy some of these players but with him you never know I guess.
First of all if you guys are planning to sell Buffon, can you at least buy players before you do so because if you do so after you will find out that the players with be overpriced cos we will get big money for Buffon, no doubt.
And if you are gonna sell buffon, may i suggest looking at Boruc of Chelsea as he is decent.
I keep reading that you want to buy Lampard but may i suggest we go for 2 veterans that will make a difference to our side in Roberto carlos(yes Fenerbache are in pole position but with a little position , he might change his mind as he has done in the past), some will argue why do we need carlos but anyone who is seriuosly suggesting that Chiellini or Balzeretti can fulfil Zambrotta's shoes full time in serieA is sadly deluded. The other player is a player you know so well and thats Claude makele, who in my opinion, in what he does, has no peer whatsoever in world football. Why on earth would we wanna go for Sissoko for 10m when he cannot pass the ball, yes i like Sissoko's energy but its more suited for the premiership where an abject lack of technique is not so bad as it would look in serieA and la liga. If Chelsea are stupid enough to let makele go we should pounce on him as losing Vieira and Emerson were huge blows for serieA and please zanetti and Giannichedda long term will not get the job done.
Another player to maybe look at Mahvuba and possibly dialby of Arsenal but they are not priorities for me.
As for defenders, i was pleased we were linked to gaby milito which meant the board were not total muppets as he is a good player, balzalgi is a very good ball playing defender, I am not sure about his defending but he can play and its always best when you have a pure defender and a ball playing 1. escude of Sevilla is good as well. I would try and go for Emanuelson of Ajax
Nasri is a must for me as he is better than the overrated Ribery and we seem to have done well with French play makers in the past. Another player you know very well, which I would like is Gudjohnssen as he is underrated and stupidly used at barcelona as a striker when he is nothing of the sort, he links the play between attack and midfield beautifully, all we need is to get him to lose some pounds and his lack of pace would not matter that much in serieA as his technique is superb. Deco or Diego would be lovely too. Wesley Snijder seems to be in great form. Demol looks tasty
1 player i would dearly love but i just think its impossible is a player i regard as the most complete in Italian football and if someone could just let him know how good he really is , he would explode into the most complete in the world and that Roma's danielle De Rossi who should be let loose as an all round midfielder not the way Roma use him , and get him to cut out all the other stuff he would be unstoppable. Montilivo of Fiorentina is starting to look good
As for strikers, seriuosly what do we want with Anelka or Iaquinta. Why not go to Torino and chance Rosina from them. Gilardino, i have criticised, but he is a better bet than iaquinta but not for stupid money. Huntellar would be ideal
You might also wanna get rid of dead wood we curretly have on our roster as frankly of what we have right now, if i was manager i would only keep Dp, Nedved, Buffon, Trez(but not essential), chiellini, camo, balzaretti, Marchionni and all the youngsters who did not play in seriea with us, palladino, paro and co.
The rest we can try to sell
Once again welcome Tinkerbell, i mean Tinkerman

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
agreed on some of the targets denco mate. Especially Makelele, i think we have a good chance of getting him but we will still need someone with a more attacking sense imo plus claude.

Rosina or Nasri would be great, i've calling for one of them for a while now and i hope the management r looking in that way.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Makelele is one of the best DM's i've seen in my life. He's out of this world. But I'm not sure if his age will help him to play more. Even Mourinho knows that.

About Sissoko, his passes might not be that good if we compare him to the likes of Essien and Makelele, but he's tough, he's got stamina and works hard. Same like Gattuso, Rino can't pass well but you can notice the work he's doing on the field.

And about Chiellini, you're exaggerating, he's one fine player and I can see him taking Zambrottas place without noticing much diff. Chiellini is talented.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Makelele is one of the best DM's i've seen in my life. He's out of this world. But I'm not sure if his age will help him to play more. Even Mourinho knows that.

About Sissoko, his passes might not be that good if we compare him to the likes of Essien and Makelele, but he's tough, he's got stamina and works hard. Same like Gattuso, Rino can't pass well but you can notice the work he's doing on the field.

And about Chiellini, you're exaggerating, he's one fine player and I can see him taking Zambrottas place without noticing much diff. Chiellini is talented.
definitely

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004

Yeah I'll give u that. As much as I love long, well written articles from denco and jun-hide in this forum as much i consider that they are exagerating sometimes.
For sissoko, I 'm certain he's a destroyer like gattuso but look at him now. By playing with the likes of pirlo and kaka he developped great skills. Sissoko in my opinion ( if we get him) has a full time for learining that.

Chiellini is almost crucial for juventus. Yes he needs to improve still he can do well hopefully.

Time will tell if i'm right tough

May 21, 2007
:disagree: Juve should get Makelele and Roberto Carlos????? are you stupid bro? Whats wrong with the talent we got? Chiellini and Nocerino and i think Sissoko is a must...I disagree with everything you just said except about Gilardino. I think if he doesnt cost that much he could do well at Juve.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think it would be incredibly stupid to invest in players like Makelele and Roberto Carlos when we can secure some young talents like Sissoko or Mavuba and already have Chiellini respectively. Some people need to wake up and look to the future because even if we buy these two players denco wants we still won't have much of a chance to win the title next season. Perhaps we will afterwards but then these players will be a year older and we'll essentially waste time and money on them.

What we need to do is look for young talents now and build our squad after that. One or two players around 30 is perfectly fine but the thought of Roberto Carlos in a Juventus jersey just makes me want to puke. Honestly, denco, what are you thinking mate..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)