Dear Mr Ranieri (7 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think it would be incredibly stupid to invest in players like Makelele and Roberto Carlos when we can secure some young talents like Sissoko or Mavuba and already have Chiellini respectively. Some people need to wake up and look to the future because even if we buy these two players denco wants we still won't have much of a chance to win the title next season. Perhaps we will afterwards but then these players will be a year older and we'll essentially waste time and money on them.

What we need to do is look for young talents now and build our squad after that. One or two players around 30 is perfectly fine but the thought of Roberto Carlos in a Juventus jersey just makes me want to puke. Honestly, denco, what are you thinking mate..
seriously R.Carlos? What next? Get Bolo Zenden and Titus Bramble?:disagree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Guillermo

Jun 21, 2006
:disagree: Juve should get Makelele and Roberto Carlos????? are you stupid bro? Whats wrong with the talent we got? Chiellini and Nocerino and i think Sissoko is a must...I disagree with everything you just said except about Gilardino. I think if he doesnt cost that much he could do well at Juve.
I Totaly agree with you brother ! :thumbs: :tup: :thumbs:

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
For us to challenge Serie A we need to stengthen certain areas:
First if buffon is leaving there are able replacements such S frey, M Rensing
For defence A Bazargli , Mexes , De Jong Kompany would be good as they add pace.For Midfield Dellrossi, Thomas Sivok , Matthew debaucy would be ideal for bossing the middle of the park.The flanks esp left would have to be reinforced by perhaps Nicolas Mitea or ludovic Orbaniak as they have pace n trickery.Upfront just add pazzani to the current buch and we would we awesome.Hope this helps raneiri.

Forza Juve

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We have absolutely no need of other fullbacks,
R.Carlos would be a waste of money and time, the only way i see it happen is selling Balza (or Legro) and offer that money to R.Carlos's contract...

But we have other priorities,first of all we need two DMs, or one DM and one AMF,
we also need a very good CB, (we have back up solutions)
and finally we must replace and star "casualties",
if we loose Treze,Camo or Buffon, we have to sign a decent replacement,
if we dont, just concentrate on the above 3 positions!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I think it would be incredibly stupid to invest in players like Makelele and Roberto Carlos when we can secure some young talents like Sissoko or Mavuba and already have Chiellini respectively. Some people need to wake up and look to the future because even if we buy these two players denco wants we still won't have much of a chance to win the title next season. Perhaps we will afterwards but then these players will be a year older and we'll essentially waste time and money on them.

What we need to do is look for young talents now and build our squad after that. One or two players around 30 is perfectly fine but the thought of Roberto Carlos in a Juventus jersey just makes me want to puke. Honestly, denco, what are you thinking mate..
but we need some experience in the midfield as the current crop won't bring that to the plate. And the youngsters will get their chance to develop in a timely manner.

thats why i think makelele could be a good acquisition or someone a bit younger but experienced.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Tacchinardi, Zanetti have plenty of experience. Even Sissoko has good experience for a 22 year old.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think we do need some more exerience at midfield, but Makelele, hmmm, I just don't know how much he can still contribute to a team.

Roberto carlos is absolutely out of the question. He has already moved. But even if he hadn't. 4-5 years ago, I would be thrilled, but now, its too late, he doesn't offer too much more than the players we've got considering their potential.

And no offense, but the players we are linked with may or may not be on our club's official wishlist. It doesn't make sense to commment as if they "in fact" are our transfer targets.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think we do need some more exerience at midfield, but Makelele, hmmm, I just don't know how much he can still contribute to a team.

Roberto carlos is absolutely out of the question. He has already moved. But even if he hadn't. 4-5 years ago, I would be thrilled, but now, its too late, he doesn't offer too much more than the players we've got considering their potential.

And no offense, but the players we are linked with may or may not be on our club's official wishlist. It doesn't make sense to commment as if they "in fact" are our transfer targets.
:tup:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Some points I agree, and some don't.

I think most important aspect for Ranieri is that he has to install some character and philosophy on this team. For me he has been too flexible and allow his team to play without any identity, bar Valencia team he managed at his first go, which based their game on counter-attack. That is just as important as players he could bring in to the squad. Its a difficult process given that there many young elements to this squad, but managing Juve is always going to be difficult.

Now in terms of future mercato prospects, I like Nasri. Admittingly, I havent seen enough of him to make proper judgement, but the boy is a real talent. IMO he is class over some overrated his fellow "prodigies" like Nani. A player of his technique, creativity, and flair don't come very often, and I personally think anything over 25-30m Euros is a money worth investing in this prodigal kid given some of the money spent on less prestigious talent. Nasri is someone you want to build your team around. Whether he has the physique to take the heat from Serie A and load of being the fulcrum of the team is another matter. I say leave the kid under your radar for a bit, make CL this year, and buy him next season.

I personally don't like the idea of Makelele to this team. We havent got that registra in the midfield to play compact midfield in manner of Milan. Bringing Nasri or Diego will solve such problem, but whether we can buy them this summer is another question. Makelele still got a good year or two no doubt, but right now, Juve have 2 30+s in the form of Nedved and Camo. None of them have that pace to frighten at this stage of their career. This means placing both Nedved and Camo higher up the pitch is the most logical way of maximising our offensive output. That leaves a lot of gap in the midfield. And Makelele simply doesnt have the legs to that. Sissoko's energy is precisely what doctor orders to this team. That is why I am highly interested in Mavuba as well since he seems to have bags of agility to burn. Beside the possibility of 3 30+s patrolling in the midfield, and the need to buy 3 or 4 replacements next year is something I wouldnt want if I was Secco. But I wouldnt mind buying Roberto Carlos for free. Our defence has a lot of youngsters, and they can definitely benefit from the Champion like Carlos. He is free, so he is available and won't cost too much financial commitment. Savvy transfer I say, the kind of thing Moggi would do himself.

Now I agree with your evaluation on Rosina and De Rossi. Rosina IMO is most talented Italian right now, and I just can't forget how he destroyed Atalanta this season. But we probably aren't getting any of these players, and for me they are exciting prospects but simply not possible as it stands.

A lot will depend on what we do with our senators during this summer. Personally, I think we should sell Camo, & Trez since the prospects of them signing an extension seems low. Buy Milito, Mavuba/Sissoko, Carlos irrespective of what happens. Then spend the money we recuperate on the market on Quaresma, and Huntelaar. And no I don't want Iaquinta anywhere near this team. If we are a bit creative, I guess we could go include Camo to steal Chivu from Inter. I say 13-14m Euro + Camo + Molinaro is pretty good deal for both teams. As for Trezeguet, we should offer him for a straight-up exchange deal with Gila. If they refuse, we can put some cash on the deal make it happen. But no, no Iaquinta thank you very much.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Roberto Carlos :howler:.

I'm sorry, but I can't take you, who'd want him, seriously anymore.
Why not? Roberto Carlos is free. His wage won't cost that much given Fenebarche is just about only competitor there is.

If he doesn't work then sit him on the bench for a bit, and I am sure we will find some Arabian team willing to take him off our hands. In case, he performs beyond our expectations, well I will be thrilled. I think in this modern Wunderkid era, there is tendency to write off old stars too early. Carlos aint half as good as his awesome prime, but for a million Euro or two, its worth the money. I can give number of cases, Figo no less, where old players coming bak after being written off. Beside, this gives us the option of switching Chiellini as CB in case we suffer injury crisis.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
we can buy Totti for 14m+Camoranesi+Molinaro

this would be crazy spend this amount money and 2 players for a defender
Defenders are underrated IMO. Stopping a goal is almost as good as scoring one.

I like Camo. I think he is highly under-rated player. Not many players in the world has his combination of skill, teamwork and workrate. But the question is not Camo being good for this team next year, but whether he will play for this team for many years. If we can't get him to sign an extension, there isn't much choice left. And packaging him in a some transfer is probably the best value we get, and Chivu makes most sense.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Roberto Carlos?! Are you out of your mind :wth: Why would we pay this stupid, old and overrated idiot when we already have Chiellini and Balzaretti ? Yes, they may not fill Zambrotta's shoes at Juve, but neither will Roberto Carlos.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
You guys are outta your mind...firstly...Camo + Molinaro + 14m? c'mon!

Chivu would leave roma for 15m without adding on any players...

Camo does look like he's on the way out tho..check out the latest Goal.com article...he's not happy and with the team renewing Marchionni's contract and signing Salihamidzic we've got back up in case he does leave..I'm not saying the backup is sufficient or on the same level but in terms of manpower we've got it.

I personally feel we're better off with camo than without him...adding a 2 or 3 players to the squad we have would be great but if we start selling of pieces in exchange for other things..the gaps and holes in our squad won't be filled they'll just be re-positioned.

If you're going to sell Camo make sure you bring in someone who can control the wings as well...and if you're going to sell Trez...only for a swap deal that brings in Villa or some other major potential star.

Camo + 8-10m for Nasri (or Ribery)
Trez + 5-10m for Villa
Iaquinta - 8m (i don't like him but he'd be a useful backup/utility player up front)
Sissoko/Lampard for 15m
Milito/Chivu for 12-15m
Mavuba for 8-12m
(considering the others we are selling...we should have enough funds to gather all these talents..whether we have the lure is another matter)

Formation (3-4-1-2):
Buffon - gk

Grygera or Zebina - rcb
Milito - cb
Chiellini - lcb

mavuba - dm
sissoko - dm
marchionni/sali/iaquinta - rwmf
nedved - lwmf
nasri - amf

delpiero/palladino - fw
villa/iaquinta - fw

or if we keep camo

same gk, same df, same attack but

sissoko - dm
mavuba - dm
camoranesi - rwmf
iaquinta - lwmf
nedved - amf

Keep in mind the wingers will be playing more attacking roles the next season. I think either of the formations would add a lot of pace to our team and really falls down to ho strong can the dm be...if they can help out the vulnerable 3 man defence and support the wingers enough we could have a winning formation to build on for the future...preferably with even higher quality defenders

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
For defence A Bazargli , Mexes , De Jong Kompany would be good as they add pace.For Midfield Dellrossi, Thomas Sivok , Matthew debaucy would be ideal for bossing the middle of the park.The flanks esp left would have to be reinforced by perhaps Nicolas Mitea or ludovic Orbaniak as they have pace n trickery.Upfront just add pazzani to the current buch and we would we awesome.Hope this helps raneiri.

Forza Juve
Mitea!? Are you serious? He isn't even a benchwarmer at Ajax, he spents most of his time on the stands!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

Forza Juve

Hey, this is Juventus you are talking about, not Banik Ostrava. :wth:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)