Dear Mr Ranieri (7 Viewers)

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #81
    Many won't agree, but Chiellini are really overrated in this forum.
    He is not the only 1, so many players that are not worth a damn are unduly praised for reasons that escape me. A full back that cannot cross the ball is not a good one, he is a good defender but he is not a good full back. Players they have hardly seen watching 90 minutes are regarded as good or great prospects. I am evry jealous cos it seems that a lot of people get to watch teams like Empoli week in week out cos otherwise how can you possibly know how good Almiron is and it seems serieB was shown in its entirety in some countries as I never got to see any matches

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Chiellini is a good Left back, he is not the best in the world. If you see this as an over rating then it is your problem, he is good enough to start for Juve..

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #84
    Chiellini is a good Left back, he is not the best in the world. If you see this as an over rating then it is your problem, he is good enough to start for Juve..
    Cut out the attitude, the guy is a good defender, he is not a good left back, he cannot cross the ball and he doe snot have the pace to go up and down the flanks and thats a must for a good left back. It does not matter how many times people who do not watch matches or do not appreciate what makes a decent player say it, the guy is not good enough to play on the flanks for a team who harbours ambitions to win major titles. i guarantee you this,a decent coach will play him as a centre back as thats where he would end up. I would not mind he and Milito as our first choice centre backs but as a left back ,no way

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Cut out the attitude, the guy is a good defender, he is not a good left back, he cannot cross the ball and he doe snot have the pace to go up and down the flanks and thats a must for a good left back. It does not matter how many times people who do not watch matches or do not appreciate what makes a decent player say it, the guy is not good enough to play on the flanks for a team who harbours ambitions to win major titles. i guarantee you this,a decent coach will play him as a centre back as thats where he would end up. I would not mind he and Milito as our first choice centre backs but as a left back ,no way
    :agree:

His technical ability is not good enough to play left back.

His physique and his playing style are far better suited to CB, where I hope he will be used in future.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Cut out the attitude,
    That's rich coming from the one with the constant generalizing and self righteous 'holier than thou' act.

the guy is a good defender, he is not a good left back, he cannot cross the ball and he doe snot have the pace to go up and down the flanks and thats a must for a good left back. It does not matter how many times people who do not watch matches or do not appreciate what makes a decent player say it, the guy is not good enough to play on the flanks for a team who harbours ambitions to win major titles. i guarantee you this,a decent coach will play him as a centre back as thats where he would end up. I would not mind he and Milito as our first choice centre backs but as a left back ,no way
    I couldn't disagree more. Chiellini is still a bit raw and tends to look clumsly(which is misleading), but he first made a name for himself by being this marauding, attacking fullback for both Livorno and Fiorentina, notching up assists for both clubs. Prandelli even fielded him at leftmidfield regularly, because he was effective offensively. Under Capello, the formation was even adapted a few times to a 3-5-2(or 5-3-2, matter of perspective), to accomodate Chiellini as offensive fullback. If anything, I think he isn't as good a centre back as left back. He is way too wild and adventurous for that central role.

p.s. If someone does not agree with you, it does not mean they don't watch any matches.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
    That's rich coming from the one with the constant generalizing and self righteous 'holier than thou' act.

I couldn't disagree more. Chiellini is still a bit raw and tends to look clumsly(which is misleading), but he first made a name for himself by being this marauding, attacking fullback for both Livorno and Fiorentina, notching up assists for both clubs. Prandelli even fielded him at leftmidfield regularly, because he was effective offensively. Under Capello, the formation was even adapted a few times to a 3-5-2(or 5-3-2, matter of perspective), to accomodate Chiellini as offensive fullback. If anything, I think he isn't as good a centre back as left back. He is way too wild and adventurous for that central role.

p.s. If someone does not agree with you, it does not mean they don't watch any matches.

Same here , valid point on him not being suitable for a centreback postion, i feel his strenght is going forward as a attacking full back but he needs to learn to time his tackles well btw he is a good header of the ball will be useful from setpieces going forward. He is a keeper that can go on to be a great player for club and country

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    you got me wrong, I am telling you when Zambrotta was young 22, 23? he was another regular midfielder that plays in Serie B. he wasn't anything special. He improved a lot lately, I am telling you that that logic was wrong when someone compared these two. and you are wrong, I saw him playing at that age, when he was at Bari, along with Cassano. and I also was watching Camoranesi at his time at Verona..
    Hmm, I saw a few of Zambo's game at around Chiellini's age, although ofcourse Zambo wasn't neaerly as well known as Chiellini.

I always saw Zambo as a great winger at his younger pre-Juventus days....but ok, I guess your arguments are correct, i can't say Chiellini isn't better than Zambo at his age. But it doesn't guarentee Chiellini will be as good as Zambo at his peak though.

Do you really think Chiellini will make a fantastic LB one day? I just don't see someone as tall as him being a great wingback. Can u name any other player? I could see Chiellini crossing over to the CB position though.

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #91

Are you saying the people on here get to watch matches? No they do not, they rely on a very select few to give them match reports. Constant generalisation and self righteousness? Well do you get that crap from? What do I have to be self righteous about? Anyone who knows me and my posts will tell you that I do not pay any form of attention to personal stuff, I do not abuse a player;s person for anything other than ability, i don't call anyone a traitor for any reason whatsoever. I just do not do it cos its my nature not to judge a person. I do not agree with snoop and anyone who says Chiellini is a good left back but I would not say its their problem if they do. You make arguments and explain why you make your arguments,not just say stuff like its a fact. How many people on here actually got to see full serieB matches for allthe games, I did not and hence do not make comments about stuff I know nothing about. I don't say thing because I like or hate a player. I am not like you who would say Ronaldo is a good player but you don't want that cunt here like you know him personally. I aint like you man, I have respect for people. I do not say I want a player for my team because I like him. I am not even a huge fan of Makele or Roberto Carlos but I think they would be effective, my personal feeling on the player is totally irrelevant. I asked you why you didnt want Grygera here and your answer was just ridiculous. Bottom line whether you likeit or not this forum just gets worse in terms of quality posters. Too many people on here just generally say things that are uninteresting or say things staright from the heart and not the brain. Thats why Vinam is way too valuable on here as at least he is entertaining. And the underated Sateeh.You think I care if you agree with me or not, of cos i do not. your argument even includes citing Capello as playing Chiellini as a winger to validate your point. How anyone can use that as an example is beyond me. Everyone knows Capello always did things that boggled the mind when he was at Juventus. One of the best games I saw Chiellini play for Juve was at the san siro where we beat Inter 2-1 and though he played at left back , he excelled as a centre back as his defending especially from corner kicks were excellent. How comfortable is he with the ball at his feet, can he cross the ball properly? Is he comfortable going up and down the flanks?

Well I read yesterday on teletext that Ranieri wants to offer Trez to Liverpool in exchange for Peter Crouch. I sincerely hope that that is a complete nonsense, cos Id hate to see Dp do the moonwalk after scoring a goal

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Cut out the attitude,
    what are you talking about?

the guy is a good defender, he is not a good left back, he cannot cross the ball and he doe snot have the pace to go up and down the flanks and thats a must for a good left back. It does not matter how many times people who do not watch matches or do not appreciate what makes a decent player say it, the guy is not good enough to play on the flanks for a team who harbours ambitions to win major titles. i guarantee you this,a decent coach will play him as a centre back as thats where he would end up. I would not mind he and Milito as our first choice centre backs but as a left back ,no way
    He is not the best left back in the world, there aren't great ones around. If you are comparing him with Zambrotta, then you won't find any left back. He is more efficient to offense than defense, he is fast, quick and good crosser. He is not that super when it comes to tackling or man marking. Didier used him at the position because we lacked central defenders, it is insane to use him at that position if he can't tackle and bad at heading balls

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Hmm, I saw a few of Zambo's game at around Chiellini's age, although ofcourse Zambo wasn't neaerly as well known as Chiellini.

I always saw Zambo as a great winger at his younger pre-Juventus days....but ok, I guess your arguments are correct, i can't say Chiellini isn't better than Zambo at his age. But it doesn't guarentee Chiellini will be as good as Zambo at his peak though.

Do you really think Chiellini will make a fantastic LB one day? I just don't see someone as tall as him being a great wingback. Can u name any other player? I could see Chiellini crossing over to the CB position though.
    I never said he will be the better than Zambo, he has a lot of experience to learn, and he is talented, only time will tell. Since he is better at his age than Zambo was, so he has the chance. Thats was said to the claims that he can't be like Zambo, only time will tell.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    no1 say shit to Chiellini...the kid is gr8 and is gonna give the boot to Grosso soon...has future captain of Juve/Azzurri written all over him

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Are you saying the people on here get to watch matches? No they do not, they rely on a very select few to give them match reports. Constant generalisation and self righteousness?
    I think Dom watched his fair share of Serie B matches, Ditto Sateeh and Seven. And Arif, you are a good man!:pint:

No they do not, they rely on a very select few to give them match reports. Constant generalisation and self righteousness?
    I respect you man, and I think you are a wonderful poster but this sounds awfully generalising to me.

As a left back even at 40 he would always be superior to Chiellini in my eyes....Always a good indicator of a player who has not fulfilled potential of earlier promise and perhaps would never do so...
    And I reckon this contradicts the whole theme of your posts given you wrote

I did not see any serieb matches save for the first against Rimini and I do nto believe in highlights at all but I saw italy versus England under21 and he sucked at left back, his crosses were just pathetic. He how old? 23? and he still playing for the under21's?
    And as a side note, Chiellini already been capped by Azzurri. I saw him play against Scotland in San Siro under Marcello Lippi when he was mere 21. And we all know Italia is notorious for being slow bringing their kids through the ranks, which is good in my opinion. They get experience of winning, and get competitive minutes on the game, instead of sitting bench on every International Weekend. Not every kids are as good as Del Piero, Rooney, Ronaldo, C.Ronaldo when age 19. And who are to say they can't make it as a player?

You make arguments and explain why you make your arguments, I have respect for people.
    I couldnt agree more. You right on this principle, and forum is strictly for the purpose debating. I think Dom was a bit out to call out like he did, but your posts was extremely disparaging on Chiellini, and Dom being a fan naturally took offence to that.

Makele or Roberto Carlos but I think they would be effective, my personal feeling on the player is totally irrelevant.
    As you said these are champions and they bring intangibles both on the pitch and locker room we fans probably won't appreciate. I think Carlos makes economical and sporting sense since there are many young elements on this team, and his presence is more than welcome. As for Makelele, I am defintely worried about the age. Age matter, not because of fitness, but its a most definite signal of milage player has, and even the best ones have wear and tear. This naturally mean more injuries, missing large portion of match. I am glad you mentioned Milan, because they have Kaladze, who would walk over almost anyteam in the world. And he did admirable job filling in for Maldini and Nesta this year. In fact I would argue, Kaladze has been their most important defensive player for that vital 4th place. You can't have 3 30+ starters and 3 other back ups because of it.

Now back to Chiellini. I think we would make a great CB. Even Cashiraghi can recognise that. Its always nice to have some pace down the back line to cover the defence, especially if you don't quite have enough ballwinners or organisation in the middle of the park. And Italia looked a lot more stable once Chiellini was covering that African forward for England. Oh, Andreolli is slower than my Gran, and Raggi got to be one of the shittest fullback I have ever seen. And Kudos for sateeh pointing out Nocerino - its evident he can play.:strong:

It sounds awfully generalising doesn't it? But that is what people do always all the time. I do it, Dominic do it, Andy do it, Jacques do it, and you do it as well. Of course it goes against principal, but as you said you can't always watch every single match, every single players. Heck, I don't know too much about Gabriel Milito, since I don't watch La Liga too much. But you people sometimes have to make decisions, and its better to take someone else's word for it, than simply ruling it out, because it doesnt fit into your principle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)