Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Does anyone know how many of his 167 goals were:

1.) Game winners?
2.) Game changers?
3.) Game tying goals?
4.) In the last 10 minutes?

*where is Alen? I want to know what the ratio is compared to amauri. Not overall amount, because that speaks for itself, rather I want to know for how many goals scored versus 1,2,3,4 above. That should give you a clear indication of what kind of striker trez is and whether or not he is the kind of person that changes games and brings you the 3 points at the end of 90 minutes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

1.) Game winners?
2.) Game changers?
3.) Game tying goals?

*where is Alen? I want to know what the ratio is compared to amauri. Not overall amount, because that speaks for itself, rather I want to know for how many goals scored versus 1,2,3,4 above. That should give you a clear indication of what kind of striker trez is and whether or not he is the kind of person that changes games and brings you the 3 points at the end of 90 minutes.
With all due respect, Hust, that is an idiotic question. If we're talking Palladino who scored 5 goals over one or two seasons, you can reasonably debate whether or not those goals were decisive. But when you're talking about the 4th highest scorer in the history of the club, it's utterly obvious that he must have scored countless decisive goals considering 1) just how many goals and seasons those are and 2) that he's been a dead certain starter for 10 years.

Just the fact that he's frickin commanded a birth at Juve for 10 years should tell you enough.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

1.) Game winners?
2.) Game changers?
3.) Game tying goals?

Try to get your hands on the Amore Bianconero DVD about Trez. It's a bit dated now (was made during our spell in Serie B), but that should still give you an idea about your 4th question because they provide a breakdown for all his goals.

It's been a while since I have seen it, so I'm not sure, but iirc he scored most of his goals in the first 15 min. of a game.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Easy Martin, I'm on your side here big guy. I just want to know his consistency through the years and what amount of his goals changed games. If he scored a goal that was the 4th goal scored of a game we won 4-0 that goal doesn't mean much to his tally as much as a game winning goal he scored when juve won 1-0. I want to know how many he has had.

Don't think for a second I am doubting him. The whole point of statistics is to help see a bigger picture. 167 is a high number but looks even sweeter when you know just how valuable some of those goals were. Some where obviously more important than others.

:stuckup: for calling me idiotic.

:p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Easy Martin, I'm on your side here big guy. I just want to know his consistency through the years and what amount of his goals changed games. If he scored a goal that was the 4th goal scored of a game we won 4-0 that goal doesn't mean much to his tally as much as a game winning goal he scored when juve won 1-0. I want to know how many he has had.

Don't think for a second I am doubting him. The whole point of statistics is to help see a bigger picture. 167 is a high number bit looks even sweeter when you know just how valuable some of those goals were. Some where obviously more important than others.

:stuckup: for calling me idiotic.

:p
Hust, I wasn't attacking you, I called the question idiotic not you :)

Mar 14, 2004
Most of you people are idiots. Blindsighted idiots,there are few exceptions but in general.-.... situation is bad for this forums.

The discussion started with this:

The comparison to Inzaghi is funny, especially considering they were in the same team together at 1 pt, and we all know who Juventus decided to keep.
I put the facts infront: we gave a proven champion that conqured europe and world with his goals for 2 scudetti and many,maaaaaanyyyyyyy(said like capitan Lassard) wishes. And then you start to put the unesecary facts like goal ratio and stf into discussion. That's like saying that Glen Robinson was more important Bucks player than Oscar Robertson just cuz he had better PPG ratio? Nonsense....

Leading by that fact,isn't Treze Juventus's better all time player that Bettega and Sivori(he'll surpass both). For you,yess......cuz he scored so much and won so few. If you don't know,football is not about fun and gay.....it's about winning at any cost.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10,440
    Why is everyone making a fuss over what was written in the article?The writer doesnt exactly praise Inzaghi.If anyhing,he/she probably pokes fun at him with the face making bit.And Trezeguet doesnt get bashed.He dissapears out of games,and then pops up out of nowhere to score.That is what he does,and he's brilliant at it.Pippo,rightfully mentioned,is more easy to notice on the pitch than David,but a lot of it down to his love for offsides.I'd say the article wasnt as bad as everyone made it out to be.The summary at the top was misleading actually.

As for the Elvin debate,i dont feel going over these last few pages and reading what he's saying and what everyone is replying with,but as much as everyone loves Trezeguet,( I myself have wanted him out of the club,but i dont hate him.I started this thread for crying out loud),you cant argue with the fact that the man has a one dimensional style,but the thing is,that one dimensional style is mighty effective,so you cant criticize him.The same style will get bashed when he doesnt score.The same style will get praised when he does score.

Trezeguet's job IS to score.He's probably amongst the few top drawer natural poachers left in the game today.Yes he adds fuck all to the team otherwise,but that's not his job anyway.His job is to be near the goal at the right time,and he is there.Wether he spends the rest of the 89 minute of the game soiling the pitch with his jizz is not important.He has a job to do - score.That's it.and he does it.

Yes he's selfish.But every goal poacher should be selfish.If he isnt selfish,then he should probably go back and become a defensive player or something.Criticizing him for being selfish is like criticizing a soldier for being brutal in a war.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)