David Silva (16 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That's 4-3-2-1, not the 4-3-3 Donadoni used for Italy. It can even be played as 4-3-1-2 with Cassano behind Del Piero and Amauri. Cassano runs a lot and covers a lot of space. He's capable of taking the ball in midfield and running with it.

We're not getting more creativity from Silva as the trequartista in 4-3-1-2 than what we can get from Cassano and we won't be getting much from him in 4-4-2 if he plays on the left.
However you put it Cassano is more useful than Silva, he is the better player and he knows the league much better.
Ah, but the way you wrote it looked like it was a 4-3-3, but my mistake.

I don't agree that Cassano is a better player than Silva btw, even though he is on fire recently Silva remains one of the best attacking midfielders in the world. Silva is a very creative player, i think your underestimating him here, his natural position is a trequartista, so thats a plus too.

Cassano knows the league more which might make him a better option, but i think if Ranieri were to stay as manager, Silva would be the better option because he is perfectly capable of playing on the left of a 4-4-2.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #86
    Silva went from 35m to 15m in a week according to the media. :D

Anyway, we'll go for the cheaper option right? nah, if they said they'll go for a home run to replace Pavel then we'll spend big for that guy. Normally.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    I think it will become something of a public biding auction for silva, Valencia are gonna reveal every bid in hope that a bigger fish will offer more, if they are going to sell him they won't settle for a poor amount at all, I say 25 mil

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
    Ah, but the way you wrote it looked like it was a 4-3-3, but my mistake.

I don't agree that Cassano is a better player than Silva btw, even though he is on fire recently Silva remains one of the best attacking midfielders in the world. Silva is a very creative player, i think your underestimating him here, his natural position is a trequartista, so thats a plus too.

Cassano knows the league more which might make him a better option, but i think if Ranieri were to stay as manager, Silva would be the better option because he is perfectly capable of playing on the left of a 4-4-2.
    is silva really a trequartista?? i have only seen him play on the left wing and sometimes cutting in towards the middle
    but yes silva as on LW will suit ranieris 4-4-2 much better than cassano

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    is silva really a trequartista?? i have only seen him play on the left wing and sometimes cutting in towards the middle
    but yes silva as on LW will suit ranieris 4-4-2 much better than cassano
    Yes its his natural position. When everyone's fit Mata plays on the left, Joaquin on the right and Silva as a trequartista. But due to injuries and sometimes tactical decisions by the coach Silva has played a fair amount of games on the left.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    Lol, all these names we're heavily linked to and we'll end up getting none of them.
    It's possible. If Ribery and Silva are on the market, there are clubs who will outbid us if they are interested as well.

I think we have a good chance though. Our management have publicly stated a willingness to spend, and specifically named certain players. I doubt they would create such hype if they couldn't make it happen. If we end up with Malouda or Jankovic, they look like idiots, and the fans will hate them even more.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Secco got his contract re-newed maybe he's already done a deal thats gone down well with the board??? time will tell.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    you mean Downing is joining :p
    I can imagine. Doesn't take a long memory

Just last season, we were linked heavily with Aquilani, Xabi Alonso even D. Stankovic and ended up with Poulsen.

Talk about a low blow.

This season, Ribery, Diego, Silve...... ....... ......Downing..... you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)