David Silva (11 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
15 M Pounds? That's about 17M Euro! A bargain I'd say!

I guess Ribéry would cost about three times that amount; better to sign Silva and have another 30 M € available for defenders. If we want a new striker we could fund it with the rest of the money + sales +co-ownerships and whatnot.

But is that figure based on anything sensible?
Probably just guesswork.

The figure will double as soon as Real, Barca, etc. get involved.

No :(
I want Cassano and a 4-3-3. Or Cassano and a 9-0-1, it doesn't matter. I want Cassano.
I don't entirely disagree.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 15, 2006
I think C4 are on one of their link all brilliant players with Juve day's they always do it occasionally, this time's its Silva & Ribery. I still hope for one of them though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
One good thing with not getting Silva, that Barca that were badly after him before, is probable to sign him. And if they do, its open season for Ribery for us. I consider Barca the big obstacle for our chances with him, if they want him, they will get him. But I think prestige wise, and monetary wise, we can compete with the other candidates, and some of them are less realistic to want to sign him etc.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
You're from Calabria, Marceℓℓo? Or are your roots from there? Have you been to Reggio?
I was born in Crotone(remember?we beat them in Serie B).My parents moved to Germany when I was about 2 years old.

I have been in Reggio,twice actually.That was just on my way to Sicilia though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Marceℓℓo;1919453 said:
I was born in Crotone(remember?we beat them in Serie B).My parents moved to Germany when I was about 2 years old.

I have been in Reggio,twice actually.That was just on my way to Sicilia though.
Aha. I like the Calabrians. Hanging out with them feels like you've never left the Balkans. No wonder Gattuso's from Calabria. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Man, if we could get Ribery that would be amazing. But Silva is also a good player and would probably be a lot cheaper, so I wouldn't mind having him either.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If that report had any truth in it, and Silva could be bought for 15M then that is probably one of the biggest bargains in the summer. Silva is real quality.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I agree.

4-3-1-2 with Silva?That way we'd at least avoid buying some AMR as well.

Sissoko-Tiago-Marchisio

---------Silva

Amauri/Trez-Del Piero
Bah, my formation beats yours any day.

MC.................MC.................MC
.....................space.................
.....Cassano................Del Piero
.....................Amauri...................

To have magicians like Cassano and Del Piero play behind you. That must be every striker's wettest dream.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No width, and two players who aren't exactly comfortable at being out wide, especially DP who proved time and time again with the NT that he can't play on the left in a 4-3-3.

Hate to be a party pooper but realistically this is how the formation will look like next season :p

-----------------MC--------Mc

----Marchionni-----------------Malouda

----------------Amauri--------DP

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I agree.

4-3-1-2 with Silva?That way we'd at least avoid buying some AMR as well.

Sissoko-Tiago-Marchisio

---------Silva

Amauri/Trez-Del Piero
Ranieri will probably force Silva to play out left in a 4-4-2. Like he plays with the national team. If Ranieri gives him the freedom to go forward and roam with the strikers from time to time, cut inside and play-make... Silva will do well. Realistically Ranieri will probably make him hug the line and he'd be a bust in that usage.

Best formation for Silva would be a 4-3-3, but as Alen said, there won't be room for Delpie in a 4-3-3.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
One good thing with not getting Silva, that Barca that were badly after him before, is probable to sign him. And if they do, its open season for Ribery for us. I consider Barca the big obstacle for our chances with him, if they want him, they will get him. But I think prestige wise, and monetary wise, we can compete with the other candidates, and some of them are less realistic to want to sign him etc.
Good point there, I am sure Real will stick their nose in it. They always do.

Man, if we could get Ribery that would be amazing. But Silva is also a good player and would probably be a lot cheaper, so I wouldn't mind having him either.
I would still prefer Ribery any day, regardless its a hard decision because if we really could get Silva for that money we could get Cassano too and a defender or two. Do you go for the best player possible or a really good play w/ a few more add on's?

Bah, my formation beats yours any day.

MC.................MC.................MC
.....................space.................
.....Cassano................Del Piero
.....................Amauri...................

To have magicians like Cassano and Del Piero play behind you. That must be every striker's wettest dream.
That is a pretty lethal, creative and deadly front 3. Never mind the wet dreams, the defenders that would have to play against that will probably cry themselves to sleep under their bed with the light on the night before the game.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ranieri will probably force Silva to play out left in a 4-4-2. Like he plays with the national team. If Ranieri gives him the freedom to go forward and roam with the strikers from time to time, cut inside and play-make... Silva will do well. Realistically Ranieri will probably make him hug the line and he'd be a bust in that usage.

Best formation for Silva would be a 4-3-3, but as Alen said, there won't be room for Delpie in a 4-3-3.
Actually i said that ;)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That's 4-3-2-1, not the 4-3-3 Donadoni used for Italy. It can even be played as 4-3-1-2 with Cassano behind Del Piero and Amauri. Cassano runs a lot and covers a lot of space. He's capable of taking the ball in midfield and running with it.

We're not getting more creativity from Silva as the trequartista in 4-3-1-2 than what we can get from Cassano and we won't be getting much from him in 4-4-2 if he plays on the left.
However you put it Cassano is more useful than Silva, he is the better player and he knows the league much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)