David Silva (12 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
I am praying we get Silva. He is so creative and smart with the ball. He will be great on the left but I consider him more of a left sided version Camo then a Nedved. That being said he would be an excellent signing.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I am praying we get Silva. He is so creative and smart with the ball. He will be great on the left but I consider him more of a left sided version Camo then a Nedved. That being said he would be an excellent signing.
I have not seen much of these guy to give a judgment, if the description is true, having 2 Camoranesi on each wing is nothing short of devastating.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I like David Silva, think he's a good player and all, but I also think he's better behind the strikers instead of out on the wing. So once again the system will hinder one of the better players, one of the XI that will make a difference, just because of a faux sense of security using a stupid system we're used to fielding.

This is comparable to being conditioned to always evacuate down the stairwell in the event of a fire, having a fire in the stairwell, and trying to run right through it to evacuate.

This system sucks.
Really don't think so! For me, he is a very quick winger with the abbility to make good crosses, but also with the needed skills, to cause some danger by cutting to the middle.
Maybe, he could play behind the strikers, but I don't think he plays this position at Valencia or Spain (correct me if I am wrong).
With Silva and De Ceglie on the left, and Camoranesi with a good right-back, who should come in the summer, we would have the ideal players to get the best out of our system!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Marceℓℓo;1901185 said:
I just read that it was Ranieri who promoted Silva to Valencia's first squad.Interesting.
I dont believe thats true, Ranieri was sacked in his second spell on Feb of 2005 and during that season Silva was on loan at Celta Vigo.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Really don't think so! For me, he is a very quick winger with the abbility to make good crosses, but also with the needed skills, to cause some danger by cutting to the middle.
Maybe, he could play behind the strikers, but I don't think he plays this position at Valencia or Spain (correct me if I am wrong).
With Silva and De Ceglie on the left, and Camoranesi with a good right-back, who should come in the summer, we would have the ideal players to get the best out of our system!
With valencia he's playing behind the strikers. Vicente is their left winger right now....

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Actually, Silva was left out a bit by Ranieri, even if it he was quite young, he didnt let him train with the first team much or so, I guess didnt notice his big talent back then (wasnt someone he believed in). But Ranieri is generally very good with youth players, so this means zip, doesnt need to nurture every talent that comes by, but there is no particular connection with Silva as with other talents.

But this is what Ranieri said:

"I brought Silva from the youth squad to the first team when I coached Valencia a few years ago. I know him well. But, I am not involved in the transfer market and I would not tell the press if negotiations were to begin between Juventus and Valencia".

He KNOWS of him, as in he briefly trained him when Silva was emerging as a senior player, but its nothing more then that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)