David Silva (13 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He hand picked Momo, believed in him, played him alot as an 18 year old who was playing senior footie for the first time(while Silva barely got to train with the first team under Ranieri, let alone pay zip at the same age).

Its quite a difference, for sure. Silva was just a youth player (17-18) who just happend to be around in the club at the same time as him (who DIDNT play with the Valencia senior in that season with Ranieri, loaned at to Eribar), not someone he discovered or nurtured at all. Silva was too green back then, didnt play single second for Valencia senior team (made his debute 2 years later after 2 years of loan), but just saying dont try to look in to an angle of a talent Ranieri discovered, Ranieri barely knew of him, let alone let him train with the senior team (which others like Floro did despite not playing him).

Basically, not a case of a Momo, or Rossi, players Ranieri are fond of, or top senior players Ranieri discovered and gave debutes to, like John Terry etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I am reading this thread trying to remember the golden era when we were one of the best sides in europe. I am talking about formations. Our best teams have always had a Creative:Destructive dynamo in the midfield, with one player doing far more defending and another doing the offensive work through the middle. I am a great fan of the solidity of the 4-4-2 system, but the problem with our current team is that we dont have a decent left winger, and Camo on the right is injured far too often to make a season-long impact.

If we are, as it appears, to stick with the 4-4-2, we need to play sissoko and marchisio as much as possible between now and the end of the season. I believe Marchisio can play the offensive role, his passing and shooting is quality. however, he needs time to cement the position with Momo...And as we lack a Zidane in the central pairing, it adds more weight of responsibility to the wingers. Nedved simply isn't good enough any more. Camo, if fit, will do for another season, but we desperately need a replacement playing as sub to him.

As for the left wing...if De Ceglie can get fit and force his way into the first team, perhaps we can prosper with a flimsy, but skillful left winger, like Silva, but if Molinaro continues at left back, we need more muscle than Silva. Rakitic would be the best bet, if Molinaro is to stay put.

Can Diego tackle***

And is Silva as flimsy, at retrieving the ball, as I assume...***

Central midfield but contain ball winner and ball player...too often this season we have played with ball winner and ball winner in there, which makes us solid, yet uncreative through the middle, forcing the creativity to come from the wings, and sadly, marchionni and nedved, are not two of the finest wingers in serie A.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
Can Diego tackle***
[/QUOTE]

you are not gonna buy an attacking midfielder based on the fact if he can tackle!
for that job we got momo,marchisio,tiago,poulsen,zanetti
we need diego or any other creative mid to make our play less predictable n more fluent

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
Yeah, Juventus did best when it had a 4-4-2 with a diamond in the cneter, with one guy to clean up messes and the other guy to creative. Sissoko can clean up messes, but who can pull the strings? I think Silva could replace Nedved eventually, but they are both wide players (at least right now)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Silva is for sale

Thursday 5 March, 2009
Valencia are in grave economic trouble, giving Juventus real hope of landing Spain winger David Silva this summer.

Los Che director Javier Gomez today revealed the club would have to sell if they are to come through their financial crisis.

“We can balance the books in several ways,” Gomez told local newspaper Las Provincias. “We will do what we need to do.

“Anyway, for the moment, we have to think about how we can regain credibility in the face of public institutions. Then, on June 30th, we will decide who leaves.”

Juventus have earmarked the 23-year-old Silva to replace Pavel Nedved, who will retire at the end of this season.

The Bianconeri's director of sport Alessio Secco has already admitted he is interested in making Silva a Juventino.

Silva is reportedly available for a fee of around £15m. Juventus have also identified Antonio Cassano, Franck Ribery and Ivan Rakitic as transfer targets.

Geof

May 14, 2004
15 M Pounds? That's about 17M Euro! A bargain I'd say!

I guess Ribéry would cost about three times that amount; better to sign Silva and have another 30 M € available for defenders. If we want a new striker we could fund it with the rest of the money + sales +co-ownerships and whatnot.

But is that figure based on anything sensible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)