Cristiano Ronaldo (167 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
We did get a substantial increase from Adidas for 10 years. Jeep money was increased too. The shirt sales was not much. For the first 2 years I think we sold ~30m more than usual, according to financial statements (I could be wrong about the exact number but it’s in the ballpark)
It’s true that we couldn’t get the benefits we expected, but it wasn’t a terrible business by any measure.
Compare to 100m fee and 60m salary we got peanuts.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
In reality the quality ofJuve talent wasn't, they gave him for the most part a sub-par CL title contending group to play with.
The management let him down big time with some of the amautuer decisions since he arrived , so i can understand why he wants to go and i dont think he signed up for a rebuild.

Giving the team a manager last year than never even managed a sunday kids game down the park last season was a huge joke and almost ended up in total disaster.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ronaldo must really be unhappy if he is willing to take that big of a pay cut.
I've had enough of this circus tbh, if it's true he should've said he wanted out a long time ago. Not now.
Maybe he doesn't like the direction the club is heading?

It might be hard to swallow, but there could be legit reasons why he wants out of this place. I could probably name a bunch.

Jul 7, 2018
He may have legit reasons to leave and we may have legit reasons to let him go. But I think staying for one season more wasn’t harmful at all. Yes, probably we will not win the CL. But Real Madrid wasn’t expected to win it in 2015-2016 after the Benitez’s disaster. I’m sure he wants to leave because he believes that Messi has a great probability of winning the CL at PSG and he doesn’t.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
For me everything looks very simple. He wants a CL winning calibre club. We are clearly not of that calibre right now.
Messi moving to PSG surely messed with his ego. The midget got a real shot at CL/ballon d’or glory again while Ronaldo playing for this poor ass Juventus would be lucky to reach the quarter finals.

- - - Updated - - -

He may have legit reasons to leave and we may have legit reasons to let him go. But I think staying for one season more wasn’t harmful at all. Yes, probably we will not win the CL. But Real Madrid wasn’t expected to win it in 2015-2016 after the Benitez’s disaster. I’m sure he wants to leave because he believes that Messi has a great probability of winning the CL at PSG and he doesn’t.
This. He doesn’t wanna be remembered not winning shit at the end of his career while Messi could be the best in the world for a number of years.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He doesn't want to play in a side that isn't competitive in Europe and we can't afford to pay his wages. Its shitty but CR7 and suitors got our balls in a vice grip. .

I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to sell him but other clubs knew all they had to do was wait us out.

I don't see a way that this ends particularly well for Juventus.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
You know whats funny...

I never though I'll see the day where somebody propose an exchange between Gabriel Jesus and Cristiano Ronaldo and the other part said.. naaaah I prefer to keep Gabriel Jesus...

Talk about a strange transfer window...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Maybe he doesn't like the direction the club is heading?

It might be hard to swallow, but there could be legit reasons why he wants out of this place. I could probably name a bunch.
It’s not even just direction, positive or negative overall. Even if we’re getting younger and building a more promising future than we had a couple years ago, so perhaps a positive in that sense. We are a big negative from the perspective of Ronaldo as we don’t align with any version of a Ronaldo timeline for being a top CL contender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)