Cristiano Ronaldo (147 Viewers)

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Iirc Adidas money was a ~27m increase per year. Over 10 years that’s peanuts?
Yes, because we are really underpaid before, so even without CR7 transfer we need to negotiate for that kind amount of money
As comparison Real Madrid getting 110m per season from 2019 for 10 years contract with Adidas(even after CR7 left them)
Barca getting around the same number too (less than Real Madrid, but not by far)

- - - Updated - - -

Covid raped us of cash too the past 12 plus months.

100m Fee and 90m in net wages over the past 3 seasons...Ronaldo shouldn't be the one complaining here...or am I miscalculating something and have it all wrong.
We paid 117m for the transfer fee, and for his wages we paid total around 54m per year (including taxes). So if we calculated all the money we spent on him it is 117 + (3x54) = 351m. And Manc City will give us nil,zero because no one really want him. This is the financially flop transfer if we compare with what Inter done with Lukaku (and his goal contribution is merelyless or same than CR7 in the last 2 years). But they still can capitalize on his transfer while we just burn the money

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Yes, because we are really underpaid before, so even without CR7 transfer we need to negotiate for that kind amount of money
As comparison Real Madrid getting 110m per season from 2019 for 10 years contract with Adidas(even after CR7 left them)
Barca getting around the same number too (less than Real Madrid, but not by far)
Can you tell me how exactly you guys would feel compensated for Ronaldo deal then? We got all this cash right after he joined and you still are not satisfied?
We negotiated a contract with Adidas in 2015 for 23m a season. For whatever reason Ronaldo’s arrival strengthened our negotiating position so much that we resigned for more than double that money. What happened? We suddenly grew a spine?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I think it´s crucial to replace him. We´re a very injury-prone team as well and both Dybala and Morata historically always misses time each season. Which leaves us with Kaio who´s injured now.
Yeah, I understand but that's 3 strikers for 1 positions already and we'd want a fourth? That is madness.

- - - Updated - - -

why not just sell McKennie and do both?
Fine by me (even if I'd rather keep the Mac) but I still think this squad needs trimming. We can't list everyone in our CL list. Still 2 or 3 players need to go with Pellegrini gone for sure in the last days.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Our position needs to be firm here. If city don’t give us the money we are asking: keep Ronaldo. If city don’t give us a player we want: keep Ronaldo. If we don’t have a replacement in hand: keep Ronaldo

if we have all the above: sell Ronaldo

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Our position needs to be firm here. If city don’t give us the money we are asking: keep Ronaldo. If city don’t give us a player we want: keep Ronaldo. If we don’t have a replacement in hand: keep Ronaldo

if we have all the above: sell Ronaldo
It’s all good being firm but sometimes you simply have to cut your losses. Can’t stand the thought of a whiney Ronaldo having to stay with us when he wants out, especially now. Fans will get on his back, the media. All this drama. No thanks. He’s simply got to go. We’ll be stronger I promise you this.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I really hope we throw in some cash and swap for Bernardo Silva who is unsettled there.

The whole world knows CR7 wants out and that Juve wants/needs to sell him. We have very little leverage here, as usual when it comes to this club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 128)