Cristiano Ronaldo (43 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Those players might be on high wages but they were also signed for free, so at the end of the day, the overall investment on them isn’t that expensive.

If we want a truly top tier midfielder, we will need to spend big (around 80m) for someone like Pogba, Milinkovic-Savic, or Aouar. As long as Ronaldo is eating up 60m in wages per year, that is simply not possible.
Berna and Kulu is 80M. Problem solved.

(Ronaldo also increases your revenue btw).

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Is this the kind of night we pretend the guy who been averaging a goal a game for near past 3 years, has been the issue all along lol.
I'm not blaming him personally, but I think him being here is a huge mismanagement of resources considering the state of our squad over the past few years. I do not believe that our situation can change when the club is paying him €60M/year.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm not blaming him personally, but I think him being here is a huge mismanagement of resources considering the state of our squad over the past few years. I do not believe that our situation can change when the club is paying him €60M/year.
A huge mismanagement of resources is giving 30M net to Ramsey, Rabiot, Bonucci, Khedira and Bernardeschi. Because I would rather give 30M net to Ronaldo then to that group..

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Well I think it does because I just gave you an extra 30M net in budget that you were complaining about.
One player gets paid that of five, this is what I'm saying. The fact that Rabiot and Ramsey are on €7M a season is because they were "free" and Paratici is a moron, but this does not show that you cannot build a better squad. I personally think we would be better off with two top class midfielders on €15M/year than a 36 year old Ronaldo on €30M.

But at the end of the day, I have little faith in Paratici to revamp this squad regardless so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
He’s not the problem and he had pretty damn good scoring record with us, considering the amount of chances we create compared to other top teams in the world. It’s just that he’s so much more professional than all the other guys we have. He’s never injuried, he’s fully focused and he wants to win every game and once we got team full of players that are happy to have the paycheck, he’s suffering.

I think the era of professional players are becoming to its end. I mean, they’re technically pro’s just because it’s their job, but their level of professionalism on and off the field is becoming more and more less, just because all the temptations around. Sad.

Jun 16, 2020
I wouldnt mind selling but no club will add his 30m salary during this crisis. So he's probably staying.

The negatives are becoming painful. Still has a greal goal scoring record, but the only bit of grinta thats left in him is when he's in a good scoring position. Sometimes its really frustrating to see him not getting passed his marker and slowing down our attacks. He does not have that determination in his dribbles anymore. Also his defensive work rate is far below level, but thats nothing new.

He's probably out form as this tight schedule becomes to heavy as his age, but the special Ronaldo treatment doesnt allow us to sub him in-game so we're basically stuck with him.

He should accept a less prominent role. He remains good enough for 80% of the games, and if a offer arrives, which I doubt, we should accept it. Last summer that allows us to receive some money for him. We should be building around Chiesa, Dybala and De Ligt

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I love seeing him in our jersey BUT he has put additional pressure on the club that already had by far most pressure in CL - the "even Ronaldo cant win at Juve".

My conclusion: this transfer was a shortime (only) marketing success, short and long time sporting mistake.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If he must be sacrificed to rebuild, then so be it.

I support Juventus FC not Ronaldo United.

By the time the battle for the CL QFs rolls around next year, he's going to be 37. Yes, he's Ronaldo, but he's also human and still a man.

We need to call time on this failed experiment (a success marketing wise, but an abject failure in terms of results on the pitch).

The only issue is who is going to pay anything for Ronaldo with his contract up in 2022, and with his insane wages a stumbling block, even for top tier teams.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
He is least of our worryes... He is trying, running in, but our midfield is not capable of feeding him with the balls. Just like morata, they are both 10 times in a game caught offside and not because of their mistakes but passes from midfiled. At real modric, kros and casemiro was feeding him, here bentancur, rabiot and ramsey cant even feed them self.

Jun 16, 2020
He is least of our worryes... He is trying, running in, but our midfield is not capable of feeding him with the balls. Just like morata, they are both 10 times in a game caught offside and not because of their mistakes but passes from midfiled. At real modric, kros and casemiro was feeding him, here bentancur, rabiot and ramsey cant even feed them self.
He’s also offside because when there was a dangerous situation, the opponent defense push their defensive line up and Ronaldo usually walking back like he’s window shopping in Milan.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
If he must be sacrificed to rebuild, then so be it.

I support Juventus FC not Ronaldo United.

By the time the battle for the CL QFs rolls around next year, he's going to be 37. Yes, he's Ronaldo, but he's also human and still a man.

We need to call time on this failed experiment (a success marketing wise, but an abject failure in terms of results on the pitch).

The only issue is who is going to pay anything for Ronaldo with his contract up in 2022, and with his insane wages a stumbling block, even for top tier teams.
You sure it's not Dybala FC?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Nono. He has to stay.
Very frustrating when the whole team is passing to Morata all the time. Had to get himself the balls from midfield. This is a scandal
See this is the problem, you want to keep him just for the sake of it

Can he help? Sure he can, but not as things stands when you need to rebuild

Keeping a 36 year Ronaldo with his insane wage means you just keep delaying a renewal of your squad, getting rid of his yearly salary can be spend on other talent/departments where you need it way more - like the midfield

If I was a Juve fan it would ne a no brainer. Ronaldo is nice to have in your current situation, certainly not a need to have

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
If we offloaded ronaldo ramsey and rabiot that would actually be €88m on salaries, is that correct?

Really is a no brainer considering we are completely fucked financially.

Ronaldo is a legend and no one will deny that. We were lucky to have him.

Will he get that salary in europe elsewhere? What would we get for him?

Jun 7, 2003
See this is the problem, you want to keep him just for the sake of it

Can he help? Sure he can, but not as things stands when you need to rebuild

Keeping a 36 year Ronaldo with his insane wage means you just keep delaying a renewal of your squad, getting rid of his yearly salary can be spend on other talent/departments where you need it way more - like the midfield

If I was a Juve fan it would ne a no brainer. Ronaldo is nice to have in your current situation, certainly not a need to have
I don't care about the money and his salary. This guy is a very good player and can play at least as long as Ibrakadabra.

Sell 10-12 players who are useless and save some wages but releasing Ronaldo would be very naive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)