Cristiano Ronaldo (82 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
This is what happens when you make a 36 year old play back to back games without rest. No shit he was off. In RM he was as fresh as baby for CL games.
He was visibly physically and mentally exhausted. He ain't in his 20s yet plays more than them 20 year olds...
Anyways, Juve need to lose everything this season to get that hunger back. Then rebuild midfield.
Ronaldo can play until 42.
Well, its not easy benching him, his vagina starta to hurt if you try to give him a rest. God forbid you decide to sub him out at the 70th minute. Like i said, the fact that hebis considered untouchable, even to be subbed off during a game, was our undoing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
He can be the second coming of Pele stats-wise for all I care.

Fact is , it feels I've been supporting a team I cannot even recognize since the day he signed for us.

All of the sudden everything revolves about Ronaldo's records, Ronaldo's subs, Ronaldo said this , Ronaldo said that, Georgina blah blah blah.
The guy feels bigger than the club and overshadows everything around him.

Oh and Coincidentally we have three straight cl eliminations in a row from Europa League level sides since the day he came.

Fuck him.I want my team back.So kill the fanboy inside you and just SELL

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He can be the second coming of Pele stats-wise for all I care.

Fact is , it feels I've been supporting a team I cannot even recognize since the day he signed for us.

All of the sudden everything revolves about Ronaldo's records, Ronaldo's subs, Ronaldo said this , Ronaldo said that, Georgina blah blah blah.
The guy feels bigger than the club and overshadows everything around him.

Oh and Coincidentally we have three straight cl eliminations in a row from Europa League level sides since the day he came.

Fuck him.I want my team back.So kill the fanboy inside you and just SELL
Come on now, lets not say things we don't mean.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yeah but I've seen people blaming him for 'not caring' because he didn't jump. As in, if he jumped we would not have conceded a ground goal
Yeah, few have lost it completely. I guess people are venting but I feel this isnt the right thread. At 36 years of age, he shouldnt play every 3-4 days that much is clear. Or you get Ronaldo like we saw tonight, ineffective and sluggish.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
And before that? ...
With all due respect to the man and his career, he was brought in specifically for moments such as this. To score at least ONE goal in games like this. Is he playing a lot? Yes, we're having injury problems and he might get a bit more rest if Dybala were healthy, but there's nothing that we can really do about that. At the end of the day, he is paid 3-4 times what the next player is, and because of this and his reputation more will be expected of him, as it should be. A performance like today is unacceptable from him.

ronaldo99

Jun 27, 2020
Don't move the goalposts. But it's obvious that he's been playing too much, out of necessity because we're a crock team.
I didn't move it. Exhaustion is progressive. If it were not marathon runners would be able to compete in all marathons throughout the year, same as cyclists and any athlete.

- - - Updated - - -

With all due respect to the man and his career, he was brought in specifically for moments such as this. To score at least ONE goal in games like this. Is he playing a lot? Yes, we're having injury problems and he might get a bit more rest if Dybala were healthy, but there's nothing that we can really do about that. At the end of the day, he is paid 3-4 times what the next player is, and because of this and his reputation more will be expected of him, as it should be. A performance like today is unacceptable from him.
The guy had a bad game. But he did it all by himself before Chiesa appeared. Anyways, I think this loss is for the better. Sometimes you need to lose to win later.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Don't move the goalposts. But it's obvious that he's been playing too much, out of necessity because we're a crock team.
Definitely played too much and the fitness issues with Morata and Dybala have been an issue.

But this vanity to keep him on the pitch if he hasn't scored even if the game is won e.g. the home game v Spezia, needs to stop. Was the same last season, keep him fresh once the result is sealed.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I didn't move it. Exhaustion is progressive. If it were not marathon runners would be able to compete in all marathons throughout the year, same as cyclists and any athlete.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy had a bad game. But he did it all by himself before Chiesa appeared. Anyways, I think this loss is for the better. Sometimes you need to lose to win later.
In times when he gets to play week in week out, he needs to lay off the hardcore training he does at his home gym. You and I know he loves working out, motivation shouldn't be factor, he is a born winner. Today wasn't even exhaustion as much, there was something else, he was giving up, was shaking his head at half time for god's sake. He knows and we know this club isn't for him. He failed tonight, no excuses, in the past it was others. Pepe a 38 year old with elite mentality carried his team forwards. Pepe was knackered, the guys been playing week in week out. He was even a doubt before this match, yet that old man single handedly outdid our front line. The problem is deeper, but like I said we are both to blame, both Juve and Ronaldo FC.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Has papered over the cracks a bit too much for us. Might be better if he left sooner so we can confront the situation for what it is in reality.

The dude is what 37 now? He's obviously not a long term plan in any sense

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
This transfer was a mistake

We have spent 345m on him (105m transfer fee and 60m wages for 4 years).

All that money could have been spent building a team with balance and a strong core, the Bayern Munich approach.

Instead we sunk a fortune into Project Ronaldo and what has that resulted in? The deterioration of the rest of the team, and a decline in results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)