Cristiano Ronaldo (86 Viewers)

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Been trying to force myself to like him and enjoy him at Juve since he signed for us but I just can't. Hate how he gives pressure to his teammates to always send crosses towards him, can't stand his constant whining when someone makes a bad pass, tantrums when getting subbed off or media's attention about his records and so on. His fanboys are cancerous too.

Don't get me wrong, he's a serial killer and arguably the goat but I really hope this is the last time ever when we build our team around one mega star.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Is this the kind of night we pretend the guy who been averaging a goal a game for near past 3 years, has been the issue all along lol.
I never blamed him or criticized his performances and i'm not blaming him tongiht but, sometimes, its hard not to wonder if relying so heavily on this guy to bail us out at times has actually allowed decline around him to fester unnoticed and unaddressed

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
yeah for real. i know he didn't play well and we all emotional but we need to take a step back.
You have to take a step back and ask yourself, has this transfer been worth it? We have spent 345m on this guy in total. We are penny-pinching in midfield with signings like Ramsey, Rabiot and McKennie because we can’t afford anything better due to Ronaldo’s ludicrous wages. Has all that been worth it for what Ronaldo has given us on the pitch?

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Need to consider potential replacements too before a decision is made on whether he should be kept on or not. We need a top drawer finisher upfront.

Who could we hypothetically get? Another mid 30s player like Cavani or Suarez isnt the answer.

Halland would be a dream, but with half of Europe potentially chasing him i’m not sure we’ll get him if fixing our finances is a top concern.

I personally would be happy with someone like Jovic. Even Icardi as a second option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 10, 2009
He can be the second coming of Pele stats-wise for all I care.

Fact is , it feels I've been supporting a team I cannot even recognize since the day he signed for us.

All of the sudden everything revolves about Ronaldo's records, Ronaldo's subs, Ronaldo said this , Ronaldo said that, Georgina blah blah blah.
The guy feels bigger than the club and overshadows everything around him.

Oh and Coincidentally we have three straight cl eliminations in a row from Europa League level sides since the day he came.

Fuck him.I want my team back.So kill the fanboy inside you and just SELL
Very logical explanation for this. We had Sarri and Pirlo lol for 2 out of the 3 seasons.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I was thinking that if Ronaldo leaves.. is very "ironic"... that the posible GOAT of all time will probably not be in any "best Juventus eleven" in history...

Thats very strange if you ask me.

Jan 22, 2016
I was thinking that if Ronaldo leaves.. is very "ironic"... that the posible GOAT of all time will probably not be in any "best Juventus eleven" in history...

Thats very strange if you ask me.
I would surly put Tevez ahead of him.

He was the most complete attacker we had since pre 99del peiro injury.

Tevez was a beast. god sent a gift to all of us.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You have to take a step back and ask yourself, has this transfer been worth it? We have spent 345m on this guy in total. We are penny-pinching in midfield with signings like Ramsey, Rabiot and McKennie because we can’t afford anything better due to Ronaldo’s ludicrous wages. Has all that been worth it for what Ronaldo has given us on the pitch?
Ramsey and Rabiot are on 7M net each. So we obviously CAN afford better but we just gave the money to the wrong players.

Don't forget that CR7 spent multiple years with MATUIDI beside him.

I don't see how anyone can question what Ronaldo has given us on the pitch. He plays as many matches as possible and he scores. That's his job. The rest is not his job.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
good point.

my coounter:

Higgy, Khedira, Pjanic, Bentancur, Douglas Costa, De Sciglio, Rugani, were signed before ronaldo was here.

my point is juventus is perofmring poor because it's been poor decisinn making in general, regardless of ronaldo.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Ramsey and Rabiot are on 7M net each. So we obviously CAN afford better but we just gave the money to the wrong players.
Those players might be on high wages but they were also signed for free, so at the end of the day, the overall investment on them isn’t that expensive.

If we want a truly top tier midfielder, we will need to spend big (around 80m) for someone like Pogba, Milinkovic-Savic, or Aouar. As long as Ronaldo is eating up 60m in wages per year, that is simply not possible.

Mar 10, 2009
People can't grasp that Juve have only ever been good in Europe under Allegri and Lippi. Europe doesn't bode well with us for some reason. Don't blame Ronaldo with the terrible management and players we put him with. Although I genuinely think Allegri would have done well with this team. Mae's me think what Cheisa would have achieved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)