Cristiano Ronaldo (84 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Why can't we find young strikers that scan score 25+ goals a season? Why can clubs all over Europe discover them but we can't?
That is for Tici and the scouts to figure out.

Also we could somewhat compromise in attack if we had goals coming from midfield but we don't have that either.

When we reached 2 finals, we had Tevez and Higuain carrying the goalscoring burden. They gave you guaranteed amount of goals. With Morata and Dybala, I just can't trust them to lead the line as effectively as we wish to.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Why would Ronaldo, who can still score 30 goals a season in a highly competitive league wind down his career in middle east or China?

I mean I understand the desperation to sell Ronaldo but people need to make some sense. You guys want to offload a guaranteed 30 goal a season output and expect a non existent, injury prone Dybala to suddenly start firing on all cylinders again and an inconsistent Morata to replicate Ronaldo's goal output?

This would be on the same level of stupidity of going from Allegri to Sarri to Pirlo.
It doesn’t matter what I want. As you said yourself he’s not gonna want to end his career those leagues. At least not yet.

I’ve wanted to let Dybala go for two seasons now. But my fear would be the same if Ronaldo left which is we won’t find the right replacements. We’d spend that money on gambles.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It doesn’t matter what I want. As you said yourself he’s not gonna want to end his career those leagues. At least not yet.

I’ve wanted to let Dybala go for two seasons now. But my fear would be the same if Ronaldo left which is we won’t find the right replacements. We’d spend that money on gambles.
:fab2::pavel:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I love Cris, but all I know is that Bernabeu would boo the shit out of him for the whole rest of season for a performance like last night and you know what? he would actually work his ass off to make it up to them.

Thats why you either perform for them or GTFO. Thats how theyve won so much. The more we keep putting players on pedestal instead of demanding top performances all the time, the more mediocre we will keep being.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Ronaldo is not stopping us from signing anyone.

The summer we bought him we bought Cancelo for a big fee and gave big wages to Can.

Summer after we gave huge wages to Rabiot and Ramsey and signed De Ligt for a huge fee and wages, signed Arthur for huge fee and wages, signed Demiral, Danilo, Chiesa, Morata, McKennie. Signed Khedira, Matuidi and Mario to new contracts and could afford to cut ties with them soon after.

Finances are not the problem. Bad planning and spending money literally everywhere else but midfield is.
I've highlighted every midfielder we have signed post-Ronaldo

Can - free
Rabiot - free
Ramsey - free
McKennie - 18m or something
Arthur - the big transfer fee was a money laundering scheme with Barca, in reality we only paid like 20m tops

It's pretty clear that we are penny-pinching hard in midfield to accommodate for his wages.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

Can - free
Rabiot - free
Ramsey - free
Arthur - the big transfer fee was a money laundering scheme with Barca, in reality we only paid like 20m tops

It's pretty clear that we are penny-pinching hard in midfield to accommodate for his wages.
Those players were not free. Can's sing on fee was 16m or something, cannot imagine Ramsey and Rabiot were (much) lower.

McKennie and Arthur were more than 40m together plus huge wages for Arthur.

And midfield signings only do not determine that.

We spent 40m on Cancelo the summer we signed him, then 80m on De Ligt, 18m on Demiral, Chiesa and Morata not on cheap loans, gave money to Matuidi, Higuain, Mario and Khedira just to leave etc. Kulusevski for 44.

We changed 80% of the team in two years ffs, this is not a team that is penny pinching. We were never the richest, but there is no way we could not have spent 100m or so on midfield. We just decided not to and spend it in other positions.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Those players were not free. Can's sing on fee was 16m or something, cannot imagine Ramsey and Rabiot were (much) lower.

McKennie and Arthur were more than 40m together plus huge wages for Arthur.

And midfield signings only do not determine that.

We spent 40m on Cancelo the summer we signed him, then 80m on De Ligt, 18m on Demiral, Chiesa and Morata not on cheap loans, gave money to Matuidi, Higuain, Mario and Khedira just to leave etc. Kulusevski for 44.

We changed 80% of the team in two years ffs, this is not a team that is penny pinching. We were never the richest, but there is no way we could not have spent 100m or so on midfield. We just decided not to and spend it in other positions.
Wow. Looking at the names and fees you've listed. We've made some REALLY bad transfers recently.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I don't care about the money and his salary. This guy is a very good player and can play at least as long as Ibrakadabra.

Sell 10-12 players who are useless and save some wages but releasing Ronaldo would be very naive.
You don't care? Well I'm afraid that as long as Ronaldo is around you gonna live with the fact that other areas will be neglected, I mean that has been the case so far - why should it suddenly change?

And who should buy these useless players? There's a reason they were useless and free in the first place

Getting rid of Ronaldo might seem like a wrong thing to do and Ronaldo is also not the overall reason for Juventus being poor but he is also not a solution when you wanna rebuild. You really wanna rely on a 36-37 year old Ronaldo?

Jun 7, 2003
You don't care? Well I'm afraid that as long as Ronaldo is around you gonna live with the fact that other areas will be neglected, I mean that has been the case so far - why should it suddenly change?

And who should buy these useless players? There's a reason they were useless and free in the first place

Getting rid of Ronaldo might seem like a wrong thing to do and Ronaldo is also not the overall reason for Juventus being poor but he is also not a solution when you wanna rebuild. You really wanna rely on a 36-37 year old Ronaldo?
The neglected areas were neglected also before CR came here. If you mean the midfield, then buy Pogba.

Give them for free, pay out their remaining contracts.

Absolutely rely on this guy, his career and numbers speak louder than anything i could say. His mentality and work ethic is uncomparable. 36 year old with a fit body that could last to 39-41.

It doesn't get in my head how fucked up the gameplan yesterday was. Just pass the ball to Ronaldo, that can't be that hard.

Just be honest you want Bayern to get Ronaldo

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Can - free
Rabiot - free
Ramsey - free

I can understand this to an extent and in general I agree that Ronaldo's purchase has hindered our ability to invest in other areas.
But even with 'limited' funds, we have managed to squander most of it. Money has been spent carelessly. There are millions of agent fees involved in those free transfers. We paid €16M for Can and god knows how much on Rabiot and Ramsey's agents. The wages we paid for these duds and the agent fees would gave easily covered for a Barella for example who earns a measly €2.5M net at Inter in comparison.

It just so happened that once we got richer, we became lazy and stopped scouting for quality talents.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I never blamed him or criticized his performances and i'm not blaming him tongiht but, sometimes, its hard not to wonder if relying so heavily on this guy to bail us out at times has actually allowed decline around him to fester unnoticed and unaddressed
Are we relying on him or is it him demanding that we give him the ball each time just to stat pad his career? I almost feel like he only plays for himself and never for the team.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
The neglected areas were neglected also before CR came here. If you mean the midfield, then buy Pogba.

Give them for free, pay out their remaining contracts.

Absolutely rely on this guy, his career and numbers speak louder than anything i could say. His mentality and work ethic is uncomparable. 36 year old with a fit body that could last to 39-41.

It doesn't get in my head how fucked up the gameplan yesterday was. Just pass the ball to Ronaldo, that can't be that hard.

Just be honest you want Bayern to get Ronaldo
For free? Sure, why not. Paying for him? Absolutely not

You see, he has to fit in to the team and style of play. And I actually think he would fit in perfectly because of our midfield with Kimmich and Goretzka he would get all the service in the world from them, also from our wingers

But like I said, Ronaldo is as well for us a "nice to have", not a "need to have"

And as crazy as it might sound, I wouldn't trade him for Lewa as things stand right now. Reason being = Lewa is 3 and a half years younger, he's just as fit and dedicated as Ronaldo, never really injured, reliable and fit so well into our system. Apart from that, he seems to get better and better all the time, he as well can play at the highest level until his mid/late 30's, I'm very sure about that

Lewa fits perfectly into our current style of play

No I'm not saying Lewa is superior or better than Ronaldo throughout their careers, of course not. But as right now is he by far the best choice for us

And as we won't pay a hefty fee for Ronaldo would he not come here. And should a 37 year old Ronaldo play wing? No, he has to play as a striker and well we already have the worlds best striker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)