Cristiano Ronaldo (175 Viewers)

Oct 23, 2011
Let me put it in simple terms. Of all the players Tici signed last summer, how many would you consider a flop so far? to a large degree perhaps with the exception of kulusevski who in fairness has been playing out of position for a long while, all the signings have been crucial this season.

Want to start comparing notes with secco? I don't recall 1 good secco signing. Ever!
Now I finally understand what your thought process is when defending Paratici. Its just a very simplistic way thinking. These individual purchases may have turned out successful if we had a coach like Allegri who would be able to make something out of it. However, if you have coaches like Sarri and Pirlo who have a specific way of playing (still not sure what Pirlo's way is but whatever), you can't just look at individual purchases but rather how those individual components fit in a team.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 7, 2003
For free? Sure, why not. Paying for him? Absolutely not

You see, he has to fit in to the team and style of play. And I actually think he would fit in perfectly because of our midfield with Kimmich and Goretzka he would get all the service in the world from them, also from our wingers

But like I said, Ronaldo is as well for us a "nice to have", not a "need to have"

And as crazy as it might sound, I wouldn't trade him for Lewa as things stand right now. Reason being = Lewa is 3 and a half years younger, he's just as fit and dedicated as Ronaldo, never really injured, reliable and fit so well into our system. Apart from that, he seems to get better and better all the time, he as well can play at the highest level until his mid/late 30's, I'm very sure about that

Lewa fits perfectly into our current style of play

No I'm not saying Lewa is superior or better than Ronaldo throughout their careers, of course not. But as right now is he by far the best choice for us

And as we won't pay a hefty fee for Ronaldo would he not come here. And should a 37 year old Ronaldo play wing? No, he has to play as a striker and well we already have the worlds best striker
Lewa and Ronaldo don't play the same position. They could play together. It would be like Robben from the left.

For you he is nice to have because Bayern won the last year. For Juve he is absolutely need to have, the only focus should be CL.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Let me put it in simple terms. Of all the players Tici signed last summer, how many would you consider a flop so far? to a large degree perhaps with the exception of kulusevski who in fairness has been playing out of position for a long while, all the signings have been crucial this season.

Want to start comparing notes with secco? I don't recall 1 good secco signing. Ever!
Here we go again...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Nobody cares about individual signings what matters is how the good the team is as a whole. How good the team is as a whole. Get it?

We suck ass this season the decline has been insane. Doesn't even look like a team out there because the squad is so poorly built.
This concept is alien to Badass. He'll defend Tootsie to the death, regardless of how pathetic and incompetent he is. It's as if Tootsie sends Badass a weekly paycheck, ensuring he defends him from all manner of hate and injustice.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Give me a list of all his transfers (buys and sales) and I'll tell you.

That's a funny criteria to judge him by - looking at individual signings rather than the squad as a whole.

Rovella, McKennie and Kulusevski may turn out to be key players for us in time, but we still lack a proper midfield and are short two fullbacks.
Rabiot - flop
Ramsey - flop
Mckennie - ok-ish
Kulusevski - not ready for Juventus yet
Pellegrini - useless swap signing
Danilo - has redeemed himself this season so counts as a decent signing
Morata - good
Arthur - jury's out on him. Still not convincing enough.
Romero - NA
Chiesa - hit
De Ligt - hit

If you look at those signings individualistically, he hasn't done all that badly but its how he's put together the pieces to construct the squad which he's being rightly criticized for. It's just too unbalanced atm.

Besides , most of his signings probably won't be here in two years time. Too many 'uncertainties' atm.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Lewa and Ronaldo don't play the same position. They could play together. It would be like Robben from the left.

For you he is nice to have because Bayern won the last year. For Juve he is absolutely need to have, the only focus should be CL.
Replacing who? Müller?

Just stop, it ain't gonna happen.

What did this "need to have" achieve for you so far? Your worst period in a decade, you reached two CL finals without Ronaldo, it seems pretty clear to me you can do it without him.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Doubt Ronaldo would want to go anywhere else at this stage of his career. Seriously doubt PSG, MU, etc willing to spend all that money on his transfer fee and salary.
Maybe in 2022 if and when he’s a free agent by then.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Give me a list of all his transfers (buys and sales) and I'll tell you.

That's a funny criteria to judge him by - looking at individual signings rather than the squad as a whole.

Rovella, McKennie and Kulusevski may turn out to be key players for us in time, but we still lack a proper midfield and are short two fullbacks.
I've said it for a while we were never going to fix everything in 1 window, we have what i consider a decent mercato last summer and the start of creating a more youthful side, you can't deny that. Covid hasn't helped etc... Rome wasn't built in a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody cares about individual signings what matters is how the good the team is as a whole. How good the team is as a whole. Get it?

We suck ass this season the decline has been insane. Doesn't even look like a team out there because the squad is so poorly built.
Surely part of that responsibility falls on Pirlo to get a tune out of the team. Injuries, covid, new manager haven't helped but I thought we all accepted this season was a transitional year.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I finally understand what your thought process is when defending Paratici. Its just a very simplistic way thinking. These individual purchases may have turned out successful if we had a coach like Allegri who would be able to make something out of it. However, if you have coaches like Sarri and Pirlo who have a specific way of playing (still not sure what Pirlo's way is but whatever), you can't just look at individual purchases but rather how those individual components fit in a team.
These individuals you speak are practically our best players in this team already :howler:

Chiesa says hiiiii

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
They said on CBS that Juve tried hard to sell CR7 last summer and are still trying to sell him because the wage is too big

I wonder if this is true. Would be hilarious

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Crucial to having our worst season in a decade? :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 149)