Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (44 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
We’re here at 85% vaccinated people, counting from the age of 18. Hospitalizations were 55/45 (vaccinated/unvaccinated), at the beginning of this month. Altough the volume of vaccinated people is much higher, imo it shows that we’ve been overrating the vaccine quite a bit. The sad thing is that since two weeks, basically since infections skyrocketed, they stoped reporting how many vaccinated/unvaccinated hospitalizations there are at the moment. My guess it’s because the news is quite pessimistic, but that’s a guess.

Don’t get me wrong please, my problem doesn’t lie in the vaccine or the effectiveness of it. But I think that there are ethical boundaries that we’re crossing with implementing a 2G system. Not being vaccinated doesn’t justify excluding people from basic things as brining your kids to swimming lessons or buying clothes in a store. We should draw the line somewhere. Many people, including myself, were cautious of reaching this point.
What is "2G" that you keep mentioning?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
What is "2G" that you keep mentioning?
A new phenomenon here in Europe; either you’re vaccinated or recovered from the virus. Doing a test isn’t enough anymore to enter basically everything besides the supermarket or some other stores.

Restaurants, gyms, stores where you’re able to buy clothes and stuff etc etc etc will close for unvaccinated people. In some parts of Germany this applies already and in Austria there’s some lockdown for unvaccinated people.

In Italy for example, it’s impossible to go to work without a vaccine. Otherwise you have to stay home without a payment

Jun 7, 2003
We’re here at 85% vaccinated people, counting from the age of 18. Hospitalizations were 55/45 (vaccinated/unvaccinated), at the beginning of this month. Altough the volume of vaccinated people is much higher, imo it shows that we’ve been overrating the vaccine quite a bit. The sad thing is that since two weeks, basically since infections skyrocketed, they stoped reporting how many vaccinated/unvaccinated hospitalizations there are at the moment. My guess it’s because the news is quite pessimistic, but that’s a guess.

Don’t get me wrong please, my problem doesn’t lie in the vaccine or the effectiveness of it. But I think that there are ethical boundaries that we’re crossing with implementing a 2G system. Not being vaccinated doesn’t justify excluding people from basic things as brining your kids to swimming lessons or buying clothes in a store. We should draw the line somewhere. Many people, including myself, were cautious of reaching this point.
Please just go to your doctor that you trust and ask him if you should vaccinate or not. The ethical perspective should be also considered of the effects that minortiy of unvaccinated people are doing to the society when they don't vaccinate.

The doctor's in Austria are now demanding obligatory vaccines for everybody.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We’re here at 85% vaccinated people, counting from the age of 18. Hospitalizations were 55/45 (vaccinated/unvaccinated), at the beginning of this month. Altough the volume of vaccinated people is much higher, imo it shows that we’ve been overrating the vaccine quite a bit.
That doesn't tie up with this: https://www.rivm.nl/en/news/unvacci...rly-20-years-younger-than-vaccinated-patients

Even with the figures you provided you are still far more likely to be hospitalised if unvaccinated. 45% total against only 15% of the population is a very big difference.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A new phenomenon here in Europe; either you’re vaccinated or recovered from the virus. Doing a test isn’t enough anymore to enter basically everything besides the supermarket or some other stores.

Restaurants, gyms, stores where you’re able to buy clothes and stuff etc etc etc will close for unvaccinated people. In some parts of Germany this applies already and in Austria there’s some lockdown for unvaccinated people.

In Italy for example, it’s impossible to go to work without a vaccine. Otherwise you have to stay home without a payment
So that’s the third G you dropped?

It’s completely the wrong one.

Jun 16, 2020
That doesn't tie up with this: https://www.rivm.nl/en/news/unvacci...rly-20-years-younger-than-vaccinated-patients

Even with the figures you provided you are still far more likely to be hospitalised if unvaccinated. 45% total against only 15% of the population is a very big difference.
To what part are you referring in the link? The posts I wrote are really based on how the situation developed here and how many things were so avoidable. I could go in depth about the sources that contain the RIVM or video’s of recent debates but it would become a very technical post with Dutch sources.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

You could also say people who refuse the vaccine cross ethical boundaries. It all depends on how you look at it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
You could also say people who refuse the vaccine cross ethical boundaries. It all depends on how you look at it.
We are so far apart on this it's pointless to even argue but generally if COVID was a disease worth vaxxing from you'd get 99% vaccination rate the first month. People tend to react accordingly to these things since they always choose the best for themselves. Even now the big majority are convenience vaxxers. Authorities shifting the blame to the unvaxxed because they have no plan after dismantling the (health) infrastructure for decades.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
We are so far apart on this it's pointless to even argue but generally if COVID was a disease worth vaxxing from you'd get 99% vaccination rate the first month. People tend to react accordingly to these things since they always choose the best for themselves. Even now the big majority are convenience vaxxers. Authorities shifting the blame to the unvaxxed because they have no plan after dismantling the (health) infrastructure for decades.
Yeah, that was what I was referring to. I wouldn't necessarily agree with people only doing what's best for themselves, but that was my point when talking about "the ethics" of the situation.

If your personal stance is that you take the vaccine to protect both yourself & "others" or society as a whole, then refusing to do so would seem unethical. You know, helping others being the ethical thing to do, refusing to help others being the exact opposite.

It all depends on how you look at the situation. That's really all there is to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)