Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (99 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The vaccines undoubtedly help hospitals and death rates. I don't think it was ever sold as a cure but I am sure that this has been posted and ignored many times already.

Just had a quick look at Germany's figures - they are at 4.7/100k for hospitalisations, for comparison was 15.5/100k last Christmas at a peak. Be interesting to see where they are this Christmas.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The vaccines undoubtedly help hospitals and death rates. I don't think it was ever sold as a cure but I am sure that this has been posted and ignored many times already.

Just had a quick look at Germany's figures - they are at 4.7/100k for hospitalisations, for comparison was 15.5/100k last Christmas at a peak. Be interesting to see where they are this Christmas.
It was never ignored but did people think we'd live like shit despite vaccines being out? Nope.

Oh and by the way, they reached 60k first time EVER despite having 68% vaccinated. So why not mention that? Last year they had 30k. It's kinda huge difference. Also, they are have quite heavy measures starting as of now, so I don't know how two years can be compared. Those who didn't take vaccine won't be able to enter public transportation and pretty much all other places where people are involved.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Germany has one of the lowest vaccination rates in Western Europe, they don't have anywhere near enough. So vaccines or not, if you bring society closer to normality the virus is clearly going to spread and multiply.

What difference is there in restrictions between now and December 2020 there?

Jun 16, 2020
We’re crossing ethical boundaries with the 2G system and it’s scary as fuck. I’m not vaccinated and I’m strongly resisting if we continue with limitations based on medical grounds. This goes against everything that our ‘free’ society is build up on.

The main problem is that the effect of the vaccine drops way faster than expected. The minister here (The Netherlands) tried to justify a 2G by saying that the vaccine protects 17 times more in comparison to being unvaccinated. With saying that he used the average data from July to October. What really happened is that the vaccine became a lot less effective in recent months, and he basically used the most positive data to push new measures against unvaccinated people trough. As things stand now, the oldest age groups- here being the first people that got the vaccine, are 5 times more protected in comparison to unvaccinated people. That’s 12 times less than what he said.

So the problem is that the vaccine is losing its effect way faster than expected, but instead of confessing this, they try to obligated people to take the vaccine. We’re way to late with the boosters here and 2G will hit mostly younger age groups, as most older people are vaccinated here. They’re playing with statistics. 85% of adults took the vaccine here, yet the numbers are skyrocketing while unvaccinated already have a hard time entering restaurants and sports facilities, as you have to show a negative test

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Germany has one of the lowest vaccination rates in Western Europe, they don't have anywhere near enough. So vaccines or not, if you bring society closer to normality the virus is clearly going to spread and multiply.

What difference is there in restrictions between now and December 2020 there?
The difference between Germany and UK is like 2%. Some others too. Population wise they are quite alright I'd say.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I did say "one of", we don't really have enough vaccinated either, but I doubt the uptake will increase from now on. It'll stick at around 70% because people can do most things. Unless people are coerced to then those who have made their decision will stick with it.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
We’re crossing ethical boundaries with the 2G system and it’s scary as fuck. I’m not vaccinated and I’m strongly resisting if we continue with limitations based on medical grounds. This goes against everything that our ‘free’ society is build up on.

The main problem is that the effect of the vaccine drops way faster than expected. The minister here (The Netherlands) tried to justify a 2G by saying that the vaccine protects 17 times more in comparison to being unvaccinated. With saying that he used the average data from July to October. What really happened is that the vaccine became a lot less effective in recent months, and he basically used the most positive data to push new measures against unvaccinated people trough. As things stand now, the oldest age groups- here being the first people that got the vaccine, are 5 times more protected in comparison to unvaccinated people. That’s 12 times less than what he said.

So the problem is that the vaccine is losing its effect way faster than expected, but instead of confessing this, they try to obligated people to take the vaccine. We’re way to late with the boosters here and 2G will hit mostly younger age groups, as most older people are vaccinated here. They’re playing with statistics. 85% of adults took the vaccine here, yet the numbers are skyrocketing while unvaccinated already have a hard time entering restaurants and sports facilities, as you have to show a negative test
Go and get vaccinated. Nothing is going to happen to you, except that you will be far more protected against severe Covid illness and possibly death.
While protection from the vaccines against catching Covid wanes over time the protection against more severe outcomes seems to be more long-lived. The odds of you getting severely ill and possibly die are heavily in favour of the vaccinated people.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Go and get vaccinated. Nothing is going to happen to you, except that you will be far more protected against severe Covid illness and possibly death.
While protection from the vaccines against catching Covid wanes over time the protection against more severe outcomes seems to be more long-lived. The odds of you getting severely ill and possibly die are heavily in favour of the vaccinated people.

Dozens of people I know who are 22-35 had barely any symptomes. I never heard about young people being fucked by covid, not from my experience. Majority recovered in like 3-4 days and it was less worrying than a common seasonal flu. If somebody is young and generally healthy I see no reason to get one.

I did say "one of", we don't really have enough vaccinated either, but I doubt the uptake will increase from now on. It'll stick at around 70% because people can do most things. Unless people are coerced to then those who have made their decision will stick with it.
But I do think that 70% is quite freaking high, though. I can't say how some other country did great while they have 85%, yet 5 million people.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It was never ignored but did people think we'd live like shit despite vaccines being out? Nope.

Oh and by the way, they reached 60k first time EVER despite having 68% vaccinated. So why not mention that? Last year they had 30k. It's kinda huge difference. Also, they are have quite heavy measures starting as of now, so I don't know how two years can be compared. Those who didn't take vaccine won't be able to enter public transportation and pretty much all other places where people are involved.
That's pretty fantastic news if there are double the cases and a third of the hospitalizations.

Jun 16, 2020

I rather take the risk and stay true to my principles

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Here’s the problem. When people discuss waning vaccine efficacy, more often they are thinking about infections.

That’s not what the vaccines were primarily designed to address.

Jun 7, 2003
The vaccine is the only solution out of this. It's about the health sector that could collapse because of people specially old people who are a risk group coming into hospitals and there are not enough health workers and resources to help them.

Young people are not a risk group, out of solidarity to the old and weak people and health workers, people should vaccine themselves. Right now the hospitals are full of unvaccinated people. If you have 60% vaccinated, 40% of the people are making the system collapse.

It can't be that hard to understand it. It's just so annoying that another lockdown is coming just because some people are immune to facts and science.

Jun 16, 2020
The vaccine is the only solution out of this. It's about the health sector that could collapse because of people specially old people who are a risk group coming into hospitals and there are not enough health workers and resources to help them.

Young people are not a risk group, out of solidarity to the old and weak people and health workers, people should vaccine themselves. Right now the hospitals are full of unvaccinated people. If you have 60% vaccinated, 40% of the people are making the system collapse.

It can't be that hard to understand it. It's just so annoying that another lockdown is coming just because some people are immune to facts and science.
We’re here at 85% vaccinated people, counting from the age of 18. Hospitalizations were 55/45 (vaccinated/unvaccinated), at the beginning of this month. Altough the volume of vaccinated people is much higher, imo it shows that we’ve been overrating the vaccine quite a bit. The sad thing is that since two weeks, basically since infections skyrocketed, they stoped reporting how many vaccinated/unvaccinated hospitalizations there are at the moment. My guess it’s because the news is quite pessimistic, but that’s a guess.

Don’t get me wrong please, my problem doesn’t lie in the vaccine or the effectiveness of it. But I think that there are ethical boundaries that we’re crossing with implementing a 2G system. Not being vaccinated doesn’t justify excluding people from basic things as brining your kids to swimming lessons or buying clothes in a store. We should draw the line somewhere. Many people, including myself, were cautious of reaching this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)