Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (45 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Meh, it literally has zero impact on my life, so I don't even mind. :stuckup:

(Nah, one would hope that such things are only temporary.)

Could be. I don't have any idea what the situation is over there in terms of restrictions.
But clearly not everyone over there is vaxxed. (I may be wrong, but I think we have even surpassed them.)

Latest figures:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1194939/rate-covid-vaccination-by-county-worldwide/

Also it was never about vaccinating everyone, 0-18 were never part of the convo until a few weeks ago. So of the eligible vax population, that would be over 80%.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Latest figures:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1194939/rate-covid-vaccination-by-county-worldwide/

Also it was never about vaccinating everyone, 0-18 were never part of the convo until a few weeks ago. So of the eligible vax population, that would be over 80%.
Still denying numbers? Just over 60% of their entire population is vaccinated, and around 80% of eligible population. How is that “everyone”.

Multiple countries passed them in those percentages over the past couple months.

Also their recent vaccine studies that showed the loss of effectiveness in the vaccines for stopping transmission, still showed they were very effective in stopping hospitalizations and deaths. And while obviously the former is not ideal, the latter is quite a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

True that. 70% of the adult population was the magic number
What? It was 70% of entire population. Later revised to 75%.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Latest figures:

Hmm, I think the numbers on our world in data are a bit clearer.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

And, as it turns out, we have indeed surpassed Israel: 71% fully vaccinated vs 63%. Winning! :nico:

True that. 70% of the adult population was the magic number
And then Delta happened.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well, maybe you're right. I thought I remembered that children weren't part of the discussion then.
They weren’t, at least here always said 70% of whole population, and several months ago they had already been saying 75% of whole population before travel restrictions should be lifted.

Regardless, it’s pretty clear now that vaccines aren’t effective in significantly reducing transmission long term. Which sucks. But if they reduce hospitalizations and deaths by a factor of 9-10x which is what the Israeli study showed, that’s still a good thing and can avoid having places get into the situation states like Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, etc recently found themselves in.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Herd immunity objective is a thing of the past. You can't achieve that with delta plus anti vaxxers.

Everyone will have contracted the virus at some point. How it'll affect them will depend on vaccination and comorbidities.

You'll keep seeing a bunch of republicans (and the facsimile in other countries) getting hospitalized and and contracting long covid and putting strain on everyone else, but less and less so over time. The crazies who're a burden on society are basically making this drag for an extra year.

For me, contracting the virus now or getting a booster will further enhance my immunity.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, maybe you're right. I thought I remembered that children weren't part of the discussion then.
Teenagers were always part of the discussion

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Not everyone can afford to live in San Fran as I’m sure you’re aware :p

most places in the US are spread apart a lot, wouldn’t be able to get anywhere without a car
Short answer: poor. :p

Latest figures:

Well, the numerator here is doses, not humans. So that's not quite a measurement of coverage as it is saturation.

Even Portugal slapped on Covid travel restrictions on Israel a week ago:
https://embassies.gov.il/lisboa/Pages/default.aspx

Hmm, I think the numbers on our world in data are a bit clearer.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

And, as it turns out, we have indeed surpassed Israel: 71% fully vaccinated vs 63%. Winning! :nico:

And then Delta happened.
Portugal is 86% vaccinated/78% fully by those numbers. We're like the Jose Canseco of Europe with all the needles hanging out of our arms.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Short answer: poor. :p
Plenty of poors in the Midwest, south, etc with cars. Have you seen some of the junkers on the streets around there?

there literally is no other option, it’s the American infrastructure design. You need a car to get places in almost the entire country

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Plenty of poors in the Midwest, south, etc with cars. Have you seen some of the junkers on the streets around there?

there literally is no other option, it’s the American infrastructure design. You need a car to get places in almost the entire country
The interesting thing about the VC is he flipped the ownership model on its head. And it's not just about living in walking distance of things. It's access to taxis and rideshares. And those are a fortune in places where the housing is cheap.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
American cities are much more car-friendly than European cities while European infrastucture in terms of public transport is much more developed, more comfortable and cleaner. I heard in America only certain demographics use the subway while here most filthy rich banksters use it every day.

btw owning a car is not the same as being a car guy. If car owners weren't so clueless and easy to scam then car mechanics (and car industry) wouldn't be doing it.
Sounds like an absolute dream.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The interesting thing about the VC is he flipped the ownership model on its head. And it's not just about living in walking distance of things. It's access to taxis and rideshares. And those are a fortune in places where the housing is cheap.
yeah everything is moving towards a subscription based model

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
yeah everything is moving towards a subscription based model
Everything is a service now.

20 years ago I used to joke, "It's not a chair, it's a 'seating solution'." Now people are actually doing that joke for realz ... using the term on websites and in catalogs. You cannot make this crap up.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Everything is a service now.

20 years ago I used to joke, "It's not a chair, it's a 'seating solution'." Now people are actually doing that joke for realz ... using the term on websites and in catalogs. You cannot make this crap up.
Funny how I have been warning NPCs about globohomo's reach and while you slowly begin to see tentacles creeping out of the waters you're still painfully oblivious to the beast beneath the surface.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)