Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (75 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
It’s way nicer to have a car than not to have a car. Unless you guys are used to dogshit uncomfortable cars. But getting in there, turning on the AC and having my playlist automatically play? Priceless.

Much better then the subway
American cities are much more car-friendly than European cities while European infrastucture in terms of public transport is much more developed, more comfortable and cleaner. I heard in America only certain demographics use the subway while here most filthy rich banksters use it every day.

btw owning a car is not the same as being a car guy. If car owners weren't so clueless and easy to scam then car mechanics (and car industry) wouldn't be doing it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
American cities are much more car-friendly than European cities while European infrastucture in terms of public transport is much more developed, more comfortable and cleaner. I heard in America only certain demographics use the subway while here most filthy rich banksters use it every day.

btw owning a car is not the same as being a car guy. If car owners weren't so clueless and easy to scam then car mechanics (and car industry) wouldn't be doing it.
agreed, in the US not having a car only makes sense if everything you do is limited to the city. In NYC you can definitely get around with one pretty easily. A few of my previous roommates didn’t have cars either.

but I’m so used to it now that even being in the city, I’d want a car.

agreed about mechanics, I used to get a lot of dumb suggestions for work to be done on my old car. Now that it’s a lease, everything is covered and under warranty including oil changes

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It’s way nicer to have a car than not to have a car. Unless you guys are used to dogshit uncomfortable cars. But getting in there, turning on the AC and having my playlist automatically play? Priceless.

Much better then the subway
Living in San Francisco, I had a different experience. Time spent finding a place to park whether home or driving to someplace else in town, dealing with regular street sweeping and ticketing, window and door break-ins, worrying that someone would f%$# up your car every night, having people break into cars and sleep in them, and not being able to drink whenever going out. All for a declining asset value. No thanks.

I like the VC who once termed it, "For people who can afford to not own a car", which a lot of it comes down to today.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Don't tell me that after all this time you don't understand we can change the meaning of words over a period of just a few months just to cope with how wrong we were all along.
I really don't have any idea what you are referring to. But maybe that's the point.

That;s the beauty of living in most western european countries. Almost 3 years car free myself and loving it.
In cities in Western European countries would be a better way of putting it. Good luck with public transport if you live in more rural places. And, I would think, that applies to a lot of countries all over the world, regardless of them being in Western Europe or not.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
https://www.makeleio.gr/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/wp-1630887707031.pdf
Straya
number of adverse events linked to the vaccine: 45778
number of deaths connected with adverse events: 448
total covid deaths in Straya 1053

Well yes, we'll create a dystopian hellscape to push a medicine that kills half as many patients as the original disease :baus:

@GordoDeCentral @DAiDEViL @Quetzalcoatl
team reasonable and independent thinkers gather round
That's just testament to how well Australia has handled the pandemic :baus:

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Straya

Well yes, we'll create a dystopian hellscape to push a medicine that kills half as many patients as the original disease :baus:

:rofl:

I see you’re spouting nonsense again.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Straya

Who needs cost benefit analysis, not one single life should be lost to covid, even if we have to kill them ourselves to save them from covid.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Isn't the idea more like once enough people have received their vaccine, life returns to normal? Assuming of course they are as efficient as has been communicated.
I think that is still the idea, yes. At least it is over here.
The kicker obviously being what "enough" people actually means. Latest data seems to suggest that enough basically means almost everyone, so that's a problem obviously.

Anyhow, as a vaccinated person, I currently don't have any real restrictions(*) I have to live with, so for me life has pretty much returned to normal anyway. Let's hope it stays that way. :xfingers:

* Personally, I don't consider a quick QR code scan as a restriction.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:D But in the US it's not so much jerks and lesbians. More non-white people, young people, and poor people.

Straya

ivermectin ftw!

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I think that is still the idea, yes. At least it is over here.
The kicker obviously being what "enough" people actually means. Latest data seems to suggest that enough basically means almost everyone, so that's a problem obviously.

Anyhow, as a vaccinated person, I currently don't have any real restrictions(*) I have to live with, so for me life has pretty much returned to normal anyway. Let's hope it stays that way. :xfingers:

* Personally, I don't consider a quick QR code scan as a restriction.
Everyone in israel is vaxxed, still not back to normal, actually back to restrictions i believe.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Living in San Francisco, I had a different experience. Time spent finding a place to park whether home or driving to someplace else in town, dealing with regular street sweeping and ticketing, window and door break-ins, worrying that someone would f%$# up your car every night, having people break into cars and sleep in them, and not being able to drink whenever going out. All for a declining asset value. No thanks.

I like the VC who once termed it, "For people who can afford to not own a car", which a lot of it comes down to today.
Not everyone can afford to live in San Fran as I’m sure you’re aware :p

most places in the US are spread apart a lot, wouldn’t be able to get anywhere without a car

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
60-something% in Israel are vaccinated

Life could've been back to normal even with delta if the anti vaxers and anti maskers got vaccinated. 80% of world's problems are due to certain demographics.

Life will be normal (except for the anti vax) once the vulnerable receive booster

Sept 2021 and yeah lol at people still arguing about rona

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Good for you! :p

Let's keep that cool idea forever then.
Meh, it literally has zero impact on my life, so I don't even mind. :stuckup:

(Nah, one would hope that such things are only temporary.)

Everyone in israel is vaxxed, still not back to normal, actually back to restrictions i believe.
Could be. I don't have any idea what the situation is over there in terms of restrictions.
But clearly not everyone over there is vaxxed. (I may be wrong, but I think we have even surpassed them.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)