Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (61 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Does this argument also apply to pregnant women who want to have an abortion after, say, 9 weeks?
You hit on the key, which is that all men should go trans so that they could call any bodily activity without consent "rape".

It's bad enough that my microbiome is dependent on everyone I'm in contact with.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You hit on the key, which is that all men should go trans so that they could call any bodily activity without consent "rape".

It's bad enough that my microbiome is dependent on everyone I'm in contact with.
you make a good point. Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes and all.

Just like South Korea makes military service mandatory at 30 years old, the United States should look into getting everyone started on hormone therapy or testosterone therapy depending on sex. I’d say five years would be a good time frame plus gives people plenty of time to transition back.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
you make a good point. Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes and all.

Just like South Korea makes military service mandatory at 30 years old, the United States should look into getting everyone started on hormone therapy or testosterone therapy depending on sex. I’d say five years would be a good time frame plus gives people plenty of time to transition back.
Gender tourism is the future

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Off the top of my head:
Mild illness/no symptoms: 4 people
- mid 70s (with cancer)
- 30 and 18 year olds with no underlying health issues.
- Late 40s, firefighter with no symptoms other than loss of taste and smell, however persistent issues with inflammation or circulation in the legs afterwards. All unvaccinated, as this was before there were vaccines and therefore major variants as well.

Moderate illness: 2 people
- 30 year old nurse (maybe in part due to more exposure?) with no underlying health issues. Flu-like symptoms, before vaccinations and early into the pandemic.
- 30 year old with no underlying health issues, flu-like symptoms and persisting weakness/tiredness in the legs afterwards, he will not be getting vaccinated.

Severe illness: 3 people
- 30-35 year old with no underlying health issues, was sick for almost a month. Fever, vomiting, coughing, etc.
- Mid 50s, active lifter with no underlying health issues, was very sick for 2-3 weeks, lost a good amount of weight because of it.
- Late 70s, had to be briefly hospitalized and put on oxygen. All were before vaccinations.

Fatal: 2 people
- mid 70s with multiple health issues, early into the pandemic before vaccinations.
- Just two weeks ago another relative passed away as well, in his mid 50s with, from what I understand, no underlying health issues other than perhaps a little extra weight. Former Marine, so I would assume he was still in ok shape. Him and his whole family are supposedly vaccinated, my Aunt thinks that's a lie but my Mom says there is no way that he was not vaccinated. I've never met him, so I cannot say, but I do know he was a big Trump supporter so take from that what you will.
This individual has tested positive a second time now.
30 year old fully vaccinated female with no underlying health conditions. Mild symptoms for one-two days, with an additional odd one of food tasting extremely salty. Contracted it while attending a family gathering which resulted in only her, her sister, and her cousin (early 30s for both, female) testing positive so far. Oddly, all of their boyfriends have not tested positive, at least so far a week after the gathering. Although perhaps this can be attributed to them contracting it from a family member, so I would assume they would possibly be exposed to a higher viral load through more direct contact with "patient zero" in this case.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of genetic predisposition at play here, considering this individual had both vaccine and "natural" immunity, as well as those testing positive being closely related.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
30 year old fully vaccinated female with no underlying health conditions. Mild symptoms for one-two days, with an additional odd one of food tasting extremely salty. Contracted it while attending a family gathering which resulted in only her, her sister, and her cousin (early 30s for both, female) testing positive so far. Oddly, all of their boyfriends have not tested positive, at least so far a week after the gathering. Although perhaps this can be attributed to them contracting it from a family member, so I would assume they would possibly be exposed to a higher viral load through more direct contact with "patient zero" in this case.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of genetic predisposition at play here, considering this individual had both vaccine and "natural" immunity, as well as those testing positive being closely related.
Which one of those in the original post is your crazy cousin? :snoop:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

It looks like Covid is not like smallpox in a sense that if you are infected once and you are immune for life. Before SARS, MERS and SARS-Covid 2 there were 4 corona viruses known to infect people. All of them are giving very minor cold like symptoms and people can get reinfected after some time. Some scientists believe that Covid 2 will become endemic and with time it will become something like the common cold and people will get infected from it many times but with no major problems.

It looks like vaccination and previous infection are giving short term full immunity and long term partial immunity that most likely makes the virus not a serious threat for the given person.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Which one of those in the original post is your crazy cousin? :snoop:
Male in his mid 50's with severe illness is one of them :p
It looks like Covid is not like smallpox in a sense that if you are infected once and you are immune for life. Before SARS, MERS and SARS-Covid 2 there were 4 corona viruses known to infect people. All of them are giving very minor cold like symptoms and people can get reinfected after some time. Some scientists believe that Covid 2 will become endemic and with time it will become something like the common cold and people will get infected from it many times but with no major problems.

It looks like vaccination and previous infection are giving short term full immunity and long term partial immunity that most likely makes the virus not a serious threat for the given person.
If we manage to keep it to that level then it's a success as far as I'm concerned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)