Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (63 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I was not aware of that.

And yes, that is quite odd.
In the early days at least, it wasn't an official line but caution was raised, as no one wants to be harming babies, and then over time it's been more advised to choose Pfizer or Moderna. From this it's turned into widespread fear and concern so they are willing to risk it more than the average person.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It was new for me.
Pregnant women were encouraged to get vaccinated over here. So I automatically assumed it was the same for the UK/everywhere else.
Wow. THAT is new to me and imo much more weird since they barely take any meds over pregnancy. It's been like that over the past 50 years, no? It has nothing to do with this being a covid vaccine, but just generally I find it quite shocking

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Wow. THAT is new to me and imo much more weird since they barely take any meds over pregnancy. It's been like that over the past 50 years, no? It has nothing to do with this being a covid vaccine, but just generally I find it quite shocking
I can think of pretty big number of things that are shocking in this entire COVID situation (most of which you would disagree with :p), but I don't understand why this would be shocking.
I mean, I do understand that if you don't trust, don't want or think you don't need a vaccine, it would be shocking. Other than that, I don't see it. If it's deemed safe for pregnant women, which it is, the next logical step would be encouraging those women to get the vaccine.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Anti-vax are just as to blame tbh. If you go on mumsnet or random FB page there is so much misinformation. You can see now there are still people asking the question on these sites even though the official line is to get vaccinated.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I can think of pretty big number of things that are shocking in this entire COVID situation (most of which you would disagree with :p), but I don't understand why this would be shocking.
I mean, I do understand that if you don't trust, don't want or think you don't need a vaccine, it would be shocking. Other than that, I don't see it. If it's deemed safe for pregnant women, which it is, the next logical step would be encouraging those women to get the vaccine.
Like I said, throughout the history it was said how pregnant women should max lower their medicine intake, while majority of medicine (despite how safe they are) should not be taken. Meds and vaccines are toxic in that regard as they damage the baby.

Again, I'm not saying they shouldn't take covid vaccine per se, but should skip majority of stuff. It's at least what I kept hearing over the past 15 years.

As for the vaccine itself, the new one, they surely didn't test it on pregnant women, nor they kept check on a newborn since they launched it. There was not even time to do so in order to deem it "safe", unless they also made a time capusle to travel back in time.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
As for the vaccine itself, the new one, they surely didn't test it on pregnant women, nor they kept check on a newborn since they launched it. There was not even time to do so in order to deem it "safe", unless they also made a time capusle to travel back in time.
Ok, I get it.
It was deemed safe for no reason, based on nothing.

I believe you. Hell, why wouldn't I believe you? You seem to know a lot about this stuff. Unlike people who have spent their life studying these things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)