Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (50 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
@CrimsonianKing

Hey brothers. I too have diabetes. Among other underlying issues. I get scared too. The only good thing about all of this is that I work from home, so aside from going out to get food and supplies, I'm not as exposed to the elements as some others. But the part that really frightens me is that my wife is now working from home as of 2 weeks ago, and my 4 year old has been home for the past couple of weeks, and with me leaving the house several times a week, I'm not doing anyone any favors.

Common sense says that I SHOULDN'T be the one that goes out to do the shopping for things we need, and dropping my son off to his grandparents a few days a week, but I can't bear the thought of putting my wife at risk. If it has to be one of us that gets sick, or worse, then I would much rather it be me.
I’m sorry to hear that, man. I’m not gonna pretend to know what’s best for you or what you should do. But if you have to go out protect yourself like your life depends on it because it does. I wish you and your family the best and pls be safe!

- - - Updated - - -

In the best of worlds neither you or your wife should get out. If you have a friend in good health consider asking him to do the groceries and then compensating him if needs be
Listen to this man it’s good advice. You shouldn’t go out unless you have run out of options.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I liked how he presented everything. Plain and simple and so calming, despite the seriousness of the situation. You just want to stay at home after listening to him.
So different from what we hear from Trump.
You probably won't be surprised to learn that his approval rating has gone from -2 to +20 in recent days, and 93% of people agreed with the lockdown.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I'm not really, I mean I could probably survive but it would be difficult. Then again there are big chances to get the COVID-19 anyway so why not earn some money in the process.
I'd say lower your diabetes and hypertension by sleeping well, exercising, eating well (healthy, not too much, not before bed, and do time restricted eating), and meditating. Will see results soon.

Dark green leafies and cruciferous veggies daily. Those are most important but also alium (onion family, garlic), beta carotene (carrots, sweet potato), lycopene from tomato, celery, purple/blue/red pigmented fruits, beets, pulses. Turmeric is important, consume with black pepper and fat to make it more bioavailable. An oz (palmful) of nuts/seeds daily or .7 oz (20g) 5 days/week.

Supplements are just supplements, but D3 is very important, get C from diet, Mg from greens & nuts/seeds (if you're not eating enough greens, which you should, need to supplement), Moringa (kuli kuli brand is good) or grow broccoli sprouts if you can be arsed. Other than that, fish/krill oil, k2 or eat natto.

- - - Updated - - -

And limit sugar intake

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Lets talk about what we've done during quarantine. I'll start:

1.) Built a huge treehouse for my kids (not done yet)
2.) Started trading again on Robinhood
3.) Working from home
4.) bought an annoyingly high amount of stuff on amazon that I don't need

Forza Juve ( :hustini: )

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You probably won't be surprised to learn that his approval rating has gone from -2 to +20 in recent days, and 93% of people agreed with the lockdown.
Amazing how one quick burst of competence suddenly erases weeks of dithering/idiocy in the minds of many.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

3.) Working from home

When they put a neighbouring "town" under curfew, i was quick to buy some parquet floor, paint and whatnot. Now renovating the huge flat my grandpa left for me. Should be big enough to even fit a little studio inside of it. That's gonna save me a shit ton of money each month.

I too am guilty of point 4.) :sad:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
When they put a neighbouring "town" under curfew, i was quick to buy some parquet floor, paint and whatnot. Now renovating the huge flat my grandpa left for me. Should be big enough to even fit a little studio inside of it. That's gonna save me a shit ton of money each month.

I too am guilty of point 4.) :sad:
hell yeah :tup:

Speaking of Amazon - 4 distro centers have employees tested positive for Covid...lol I go out in a hazmat basically and spray my boxes down and open them outside then spray down the contents

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Started posting again on Juventuz.
Downloaded Football Manager.
:touched:

Welcome back. I'm sure you will find this place is basically the exact same as when you left it :D

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I wonder how many FM downloads there were during this.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

3.) Working from home

I’m still working from work so not much has changed. I can’t go to the gym and can’t see my friends anymore so I’ve been getting high and going on hikes

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yes, but what is the science behind it? Is it the same with all viruses?
Afaik, it's pretty much the same for all viruses.
Can't help you with the science behind it.

Personal anecdote: my niece (in her thirties) barely survived some sort of infection about a year ago. She spent months in the hospital, a lot of it in ICU. From what I understood, doctors were puzzled as to why the consequences for her were that serious. "We've never seen something like this before" was a phrase that was uttered quite a few times. The situation just kept on deteriorating, for no apparent reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)