Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (61 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Speaking of Amazon - 4 distro centers have employees tested positive for Covid...lol I go out in a hazmat basically and spray my boxes down and open them outside then spray down the contents
:scared:

I see. I've been too nonchalant. Will up my Amazon-prime virus game.

If it's not too late already :scared:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
hell yeah :tup:

Speaking of Amazon - 4 distro centers have employees tested positive for Covid...lol I go out in a hazmat basically and spray my boxes down and open them outside then spray down the contents

What do you hose them down with? I have regular cleaning utilities, but anything specific?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
@CrimsonianKing

Hey brothers. I too have diabetes. Among other underlying issues. I get scared too. The only good thing about all of this is that I work from home, so aside from going out to get food and supplies, I'm not as exposed to the elements as some others. But the part that really frightens me is that my wife is now working from home as of 2 weeks ago, and my 4 year old has been home for the past couple of weeks, and with me leaving the house several times a week, I'm not doing anyone any favors.

Common sense says that I SHOULDN'T be the one that goes out to do the shopping for things we need, and dropping my son off to his grandparents a few days a week, but I can't bear the thought of putting my wife at risk. If it has to be one of us that gets sick, or worse, then I would much rather it be me.
The grandparents are more at risk than you or your wife in that scenario.

If you contract it, you may easily pass it to your wife. So you taking all the risk theory doesn't hold.

Not my business but for a fam of three, you don't have to shop more than every other week.

There are Instacart delivery (or Postmates if you forgot one essential item), curbside grocery pickup, and even interesting services/deliveries like Imperfect Foods and Misfits Market options available.

Much better to be pragmatic, follow protocols, and be calm than go the emotional and sacrificial route.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The grandparents are more at risk than you or your wife in that scenario.

If you contract it, you may easily pass it to your wife. So you taking all the risk theory doesn't hold.

Not my business but for a fam of three, you don't have to shop more than every other week.

There are Instacart delivery (or Postmates if you forgot one essential item), curbside grocery pickup, and even interesting services/deliveries like Imperfect Foods and Misfits Market options available.

Much better to be pragmatic, follow protocols, and be calm than go the emotional and sacrificial route.

Here's the thing. I'm also doing the shopping for my parents, including picking up all of their medications for them. They are housebound at this point. I do the best I can to protect myself when going out, considering the contact that I make with my family members.

The issue that I am running into with curbside pickup and delivery services are that some of the stuff that I need myself for my underlying issues are not available to order from those aforementioned services, so I don't have a choice but to physically go into the stores and get them. I'm following every protocol possible. If anyone took my outlook as a cavalier attitude , that is absolutely not the case.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What do you hose them down with? I have regular cleaning utilities, but anything specific?
You don't have to hose them down unless you rub the boxes on your face.

Fomites survive on cardboard for up to 24 hrs and plastics (tape, content inside) and hard surfaces (content inside) for up to 9 days. So you do have to take precaution, disinfect item, and wash your hands.

Open the box outside and discard it or wait a day.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
lysol and some anti-bacterial spray my wife made from rubbing alcohol and aloe gel LOL

nothing fancy

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to hose them down unless you rub the boxes on your face.

Fomites survive on cardboard for up to 24 hrs and plastics (tape, content inside) and hard surfaces (content inside) for up to 9 days. So you do have to take precaution, disinfect item, and wash your hands.

Open the box outside and discard it or wait a day.
I spray the box, open it, spray the contents (all with gloves on and a mask) then breakdown the box and throw the in the recycle bin then throw gloves away then wash my hands, face..then play with my new toys

do it all outside before bring them in

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Here's the thing. I'm also doing the shopping for my parents, including picking up all of their medications for them. They are housebound at this point. I do the best I can to protect myself when going out, considering the contact that I make with my family members.

The issue that I am running into with curbside pickup and delivery services are that some of the stuff that I need myself for my underlying issues are not available to order from those aforementioned services, so I don't have a choice but to physically go into the stores and get them. I'm following every protocol possible. If anyone took my outlook as a cavalier attitude , that is absolutely not the case.
Yeah, it's still hard to find everything and curbside gets booked fast, can be hard to get time slot esp for same day pickup. Hopefully and assuming will change soon once enough people stop panicking, stores are supplied with more products, and they hire/transfer more workers for curbside.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I bought four 500ml bottles of pure Ethanol and use it to disinfect groceries that go to my grandma and also rub everything I touch with ethanol in reverse order when I leave her place (door knobs, etc).

For myself I dont care, ethanol is too expensive lmao

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not sure what is going on in Japan. They have ridiculously low numbers infected but also tested. I can't believe Abe has just left it like that. But people are not dying (so far). Has to be something genetic in this @Buck Fuddy

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
lysol and some anti-bacterial spray my wife made from rubbing alcohol and aloe gel LOL

nothing fancy

- - - Updated - - -

I spray the box, open it, spray the contents (all with gloves on and a mask) then breakdown the box and throw the in the recycle bin then throw gloves away then wash my hands, face..then play with my new toys

do it all outside before bring them in
good boi :touched:
I am pretty much the same. For my parents and myself, I must have spent $1k on sanitizing supplies (a shit-ton of Lysol antibact. wipes, hand sanitizer, laundry sanitizer, Tide antibacterial spay, Lysol all-purpose cleaner, you name it) alone over the past 3 weeks or so. Can't find pretty much anything in stores, so amazon it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)