Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (88 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If this goes relatively well for the UK it's a massive political leg up for Johnson and Sunak.
Yeah, no doubt they'll get away with pointing out it was worse in other places, rather than having to answer fully for it also being worse in the UK than it needed to be.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
good boi :touched:
I am pretty much the same. For my parents and myself, I must have spent $1k on sanitizing supplies (a shit-ton of Lysol antibact. wipes, hand sanitizer, laundry sanitizer, Tide antibacterial spay, Lysol all-purpose cleaner, you name it) alone over the past 3 weeks or so. Can't find pretty much anything in stores, so amazon it is.
lol trying to find masks on amazon you'd have to wait until May :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

What stocks have you been trading?
cheap ones to play around with (CNTY, SIEN, MFA)...will probably sell tomorrow for something else :boh:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
lol trying to find masks on amazon you'd have to wait until May :lol:
true. I had some sitting around from before and got the last package at a local Walgreens before the craze hit the US.
What we do is reuse these medical masks - spray sanitize them and then wash them with soap and hot water in between uses. Only way for 20-30 masks to last you thru all this.

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I bought four 500ml bottles of pure Ethanol and use it to disinfect groceries that go to my grandma and also rub everything I touch with ethanol in reverse order when I leave her place (door knobs, etc).

For myself I dont care, ethanol is too expensive lmao
Truth is that ethanol will kill nearly everything but also removes oil from your hands and skin which in turn lowers its resistance to infections. Use it on surfaces rather than your hands. People should avoid using too much ethanol based hand sanitisers.

A surgeon friend got COVID on Friday and has now mostly recovered, still has a light fever and his cough is under control. He only used paracetamol. He's mid 30s. No panic, no visit to the hospital.

The USA will be hit hard and its because of idiots like Spring breakers not being vigilant. Opening churches and workplaces because Trump wants to go on his Easter egg hunt is ridiculous. USA will have a massive spike and even a couple of days without lockdown will have a huge effect.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
A few years ago when there was no sign of an apparent threat? I remember Trump ignoring an existent threat less than a month ago :p
This is just Donald passing the blame onto someone else, as he always does.
I am asking because they could use them. As Enron said, a city like that should always have medical supplies like that stockpiled...this stuff spreads like wildfire in a city like NYC, that's why I am asking. Had no Idea trump mentioned it

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck New York then, you should always be thinking about pandemics.
I think so too, I think major cities should always have stuff stores for things like this. I think we will have learned our lesson after this, hopefully we A.) address the supply chain issues and B.) have more of these devices available for such emergencies.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Trump knocked down the towers
Trump mere hours after 9/11:

I mean, 40 Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was actually before the World Trade Center the tallest, and then when they built the World Trade Center it became known as the second-tallest, and now it's the tallest
something like that tells you everything you need to know about a man ...

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I am asking because they could use them. As Enron said, a city like that should always have medical supplies like that stockpiled...this stuff spreads like wildfire in a city like NYC, that's why I am asking. Had no Idea trump mentioned it

- - - Updated - - -

I think so too, I think major cities should always have stuff stores for things like this. I think we will have learned our lesson after this, hopefully we A.) address the supply chain issues and B.) have more of these devices available for such emergencies.
I agree. I don't know how many ventilators they had in reserve but a city of this proportions should have a huge stockpile. That's in theory, at least. In practice, when you have such a huge population, packed like sardines, I think you are bound to underestimate how much of pretty much anything you may need down the line.

What America should take out of all this is that it is simply not ready to handle a crisis. So much of the production of essential supplies, supplies of strategic significance in the midst of a crisis, has been outsourced to freakin' China, and not only, over the years. Forget about the general public, hospital workers are running out of supplies necessary for them to do their job. US companies, the entire highly-touted US industrial complex, have been caught with their pants down and it's embarrassing how disjoint and disorganized everything is.
We sure love talking about how amazing we are, how we are the best at everything, but when push came to shove, we shat the bed. Makes sense, though - the only thing complacency breeds is ineptitude and failure.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree. I don't know how many ventilators they had in reserve but a city of this proportions should have a huge stockpile. That's in theory, at least. In practice, when you have such a huge population, packed like sardines, I think you are bound to underestimate how much of pretty much anything you may need down the line.

What America should take out of all this is that it is simply not ready to handle a crisis. So much of the production of essential supplies, supplies of strategic significance in the midst of a crisis, has been outsourced to freakin' China, and not only, over the years. Forget about the general public, hospital workers are running out of supplies necessary for them to do their job. US companies, the entire highly-touted US industrial complex, have been caught with their pants down and it's embarrassing how disjoint and disorganized everything is.
We sure love talking about how amazing we are, how we are the best at everything, but when push came to shove, we shat the bed. Makes sense, though - the only thing complacency breeds is ineptitude and failure.
Agree. This is something I hope the Administration addresses when this is all said and done. We can't be forced to have such critical items made in China only to be kneecapped when we need a huge increase in them for a crisis.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)