Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (50 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Look at the charts she posted. Aside from the under<30 age group that COVID-19 doesn’t seem to affect, the charts she posted show the exact opposite of what she tweeted. :lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

So Trump said in his coronavirus briefing today that it’s time to think about reopening business, because America is nearing the end of its historic battle with the invisible enemy, it’s been going on a while but we win.

This on the day infections hit close to 55,000, death toll jumped to 784, and WHO warned the pandemic is accelerating.

Yes, Donald. Yuge win!
XCv15Z7.jpg

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
In a massive metro like NY that is to be expected, but it shouldn't rise exponentially if people are on lock down in the other ones like LA, Chicago, Houston etc.
Weather is southern states is quickly warming up too. Austin, TX hit 91F (33C) yesterday. Florida is not too far off. The effect of temperature on the spread is still not proven 100%, but there is some evidence.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Be strong brother, we’re on the same boat. Any of you immune compromised?As you well enough my wife is a nurse and I fall under the high risk category because of diabetes so It literally looks like a quarantine site here. We closed off one side of the house which is the one she’ll be staying in and I’m isolated to the other. If that’s a possibility at your place do the same.
Yeah, I have a diabetes too and mild hypertension, yet I'm still working full eight hour shift every day. My employer doesn't plan to close anytime soon or at least to reduce number of workers, we are acting like nothing is happening. Only difference is we have masks (but not enough) and disinfects aaaand this is important we have few printed pictures and warnings how to behave during COVID-19 outbreak.

Luckily here is not pandemic state, but TBH I think that's mostly because it's almost impossible to get tested we do like 100 tests a day tops...

I upped my food intake and bought some supplements to try to minimize danger, but I'm thinking to either quit my job or ask for a sick leave...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah, I have a diabetes too and mild hypertension, yet I'm still working full eight hour shift every day. My employer doesn't plan to close anytime soon or at least to reduce number of workers, we are acting like nothing is happening. Only difference is we have masks (but not enough) and disinfects aaaand this is important we have few printed pictures and warnings how to behave during COVID-19 outbreak.

Luckily here is not pandemic state, but TBH I think that's mostly because it's almost impossible to get tested we do like 100 tests a day tops...

I upped my food intake and bought some supplements to try to minimize danger, but I'm thinking to either quit my job or ask for a sick leave...
Quit your job if you're in a position to do so. By that I mean having enough money to survive 3 months. I highly doubt it's gonna stop any time earlier.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I would like to discuss skomething which was on my mind for some time now. When this pandemic started, people were playing it down by saying how the number of deaths was much less than that of the seasonal flu. That statement was always kinda shady to me simply because it was made at a time when the virus wasnt even spread globally. The seasonal flu is literally everywhere in every country in the world, while this Corona virus is only yet starting to spread. USA was hit only recently, and it is a big ass country, Russia is also kinda low in cases ect. We can only compare numbers of the flu vs. Covid19 after Covid19 has spream as much as the regular flu has..... Is there any logic in this?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Quit your job if you're in a position to do so. By that I mean having enough money to survive 3 months. I highly doubt it's gonna stop any time earlier.
I'm not really, I mean I could probably survive but it would be difficult. Then again there are big chances to get the COVID-19 anyway so why not earn some money in the process.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm not really, I mean I could probably survive but it would be difficult. Then again there are big chances to get the COVID-19 anyway so why not earn some money in the process.
Only if you have been infected in the previous 2 weeks. Self isolation and going only to the store minimizes the risk max. Not impossible but I'd say highly unlikely. But yeah, it's rather difficult to sustain like that.

We have increased testing drastically. It's still a small number compared to the big guys, but quite big for us, so I expect a big increase in number starting today. We turned Belgrade fair into a temporary hospital with 3000 beds, looks awful like it's 1999 again.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Apparently he has quite mild symptoms thus far.

This is the scary and confusing thing about the virus, to me, how it seems to affect some people really badly, regardless of age (there have been healthy people, even sportsmen who have had their asses kicked by this), and then there are others who it appears as like a sniffle or sort throat to. This include people over 60 or 70.

Either there are two (or more) forms of the virus, or there is something in the way the immune system reacts to the virus that differs between people. Could it be linked to autoimmune diseases that in some case people don't even know they have?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Sorry to hear that. But pls don’t think like that, you’re at risk, your life is always gonna be the most important thing, it’s the one thing you can’t have back. If you can stay home do so.

If your country hasn’t been hit hard yet that’s good, that means you will get proper treatment if you somehow get infected. The problem here in the US is that hospitals are already packed and the shit is gonna hit the fan in the upcoming weeks. the last thing anyone wants is to be sick when they’ll have to decide who will die or live cause it will get to that point here.

Anyway, protect yourself the best you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)