[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (19 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
fgm . said:
Plus playing against the best RB in Europe at the moment, doesn't help...I bet Nedved haven't faced someone like Eboue for a long long time.

Are you serious?...havent you heard of Zambrotta...best right and ;left back back in the game...?

By the way...i dont know which game you were watching but Nedved was utter crap...offside how many times?...sent of.....come on!

Yes i saw his offsides, but i just simply cant agree with U.

A player that shows some proud and some willing to battle means much more for me than a bunch of primadonnas willing for the clock to point the 90 mins.

well im a being to harsh on the guys, is not their fault, is capello´s

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
JRulez said:
Zambrotta, Buffon, Canna and Nedved all fought hard but lack of quality, pace, ideas and Capello crush all our hopes again, getting rather familiar this!
yeh, all of them at least played with heart, but eboue overshadowed all our efforts.

so he was the man today.

anyways, is not that difficult to stop someone when u know what he will do over and over again.

Starfleets

Mar 17, 2006
You need to add some creativity to your list of players aswell as style of football. This will suit the Champions League more, but not Seria A.

Juventus didnt play bad, they just couldnt beat Arsenal at the end. No more excuses. Juve simply can't play English teams but they struggle to cope. They're so suited to a cautious build up style of Italian football that they get rushed and worried by the tempo of European football e.g. the first leg.

And what was with them hitting like a million long balls? Is that how Juve play? Seriously? Is this how bad Juventus are? They were dull. They are dull.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Yeah, Eboue's a frightening prospect isn't he, arsenal have got atheletes all over the field though. Had a lump in my throat over nedved tonight, gave his all this game, shame he's 33, we'll have a hell of a job replacing Pavel.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Starfleets said:
You need to add some creativity to your list of players aswell as style of football. This will suit the Champions League more, but not Seria A.

Juventus didnt play bad, they just couldnt beat Arsenal at the end. No more excuses. Juve simply can't play English teams but they struggle to cope. They're so suited to a cautious build up style of Italian football that they get rushed and worried by the tempo of European football e.g. the first leg.

And what was with them hitting like a million long balls? Is that how Juve play? Seriously? Is this how bad Juventus are? They were dull. They are dull.
LOL, if not ask to the Picachou in ur avatar

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Starfleets said:
Yeah, that's how Capello's juve play! be glad you don't see them as often as a lot of us do!

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
look at what capello has to say

"Capello criticises Juve fans after European exit

By Simon Evans

TURIN, Italy, April 5 (Reuters) - Juventus coach Fabio Capello criticised his team's supporters after they turned on the Italian champions during their exit from the Champions League at the hands of English club Arsenal on Wednesday.

After losing 2-0 in London last week, Juve could only manage a goalless draw at their Delle Alpi stadium and sections of the 46,000 crowd chanted insults at the players near the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I found it inexplicable that when we needed their support we got that instead," said Capello whose side also lost to English opponents at the same stage last season with defeat to eventual winners Liverpool.

Capello, whose team currently have a nine-point lead at the top of Serie A and look certain to win their second successive title, came in for some personal criticism with some fans chanting against him.

"If we want to hurt ourselves we can continue like this, maybe we are masochists," said Capello when asked about the reaction of the fans.

Juventus vice-president Roberto Bettega, a former striker with the club, was also angered by the chanting of the supporters.

"It is immensely disappointing to be knocked out of the Champions League but this evening part of our supporters also missed a great chance," said Bettega.

Capello defended his team and said they had been beaten by "exceptional opponents".
"It was a difficult match played with determination and aggression by both teams. They were very careful but dangerous on the counter-attack.
"In the second half we caused them some problems but we couldn't get the goal. We have to accept defeat and after the game I congratulated the team on their performance against exceptional opponents," he said.

Capello hinted that the double strain of competing for the title in Serie A as well as European success may have influenced his team's fortunes.
"At the start of the season we set out aiming to win both, the Champions League only a little more than Serie A. But it is very difficult to win both -- we will try again," he said.

Updated on Wednesday, Apr 5, 2006 6:40 pm EDT"

*your idiotic planes and mentality made them exceptional
** "determination and aggression" are you kidding me
*** i don't see that barca have problems, what an idiot.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
A statement from Bettega

“We are very disappointed to have been eliminated from the Champions League, a competition that we all hold dear, but we met a team that, after two legs, deserved it more than us. Arsenal, a great team, in a great run of form merited their qualification. We have lost a good opportunity, but as a true juventino, I have to say that our fans wasted the chance to support their team in a delicate and difficult moment. Our season moves forward with an important objective of a 29th scudetto, and I hope we won’t be alone, but with the support of our famous twelfth man.”

:tdown:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Juve_25 said:
A statement from Bettega

“We are very disappointed to have been eliminated from the Champions League, a competition that we all hold dear, but we met a team that, after two legs, deserved it more than us. Arsenal, a great team, in a great run of form merited their qualification. We have lost a good opportunity, but as a true juventino, I have to say that our fans wasted the chance to support their team in a delicate and difficult moment. Our season moves forward with an important objective of a 29th scudetto, and I hope we won’t be alone, but with the support of our famous twelfth man.”
:tdown:

Paparesta :lol2:

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
venom said:
.. and last year, scoring 3 goals in 45 mins CL-final is just something .. what opponents also did.
better than your own team's pathetic record....

one title in a bloody match and another in pk which you bug us about

I feel sorry for Vinman, Pado, Swag, Paul, Sergio and the misinformed naive Andy but the rest

:pint:

I LOVE PARIS IN MAY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)