[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (7 Viewers)

KONG THE KING

Dec 23, 2005
it can be done,but not with the yestarday's team,with this one maybe :

buffon,zambro,thuram,canna,chielini,mutu,emerson,nedved,dp*,ibra,trezza.
*(zala if dp won't be recuperate)

Goonersauras

Mar 11, 2006
Our team will be the same as last night, if we don't get any injuries.

Freddie might come in for Pires, but I doubt it.. Freddie is a good player to come off from the bench in a tie like this.

Anyway, if we score 1 goal, you'll need 4 to win.. and with Henry and Cesc in the form they're in.. I think we can do it.. but it's going to be tough.. but the boys are up for it.

What's your likely team, considering Camo, Del Piero, Zebina and Vieira are all out?

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Buffon; Balzaretti, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Mutu, Emerson, Giannichedda, Nedved; Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic

I'd be surprised if the starting XI would be much different from that.

Goonersauras

Mar 11, 2006
venom said:
Buffon; Balzaretti, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Mutu, Emerson, Giannichedda, Nedved; Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic

I'd be surprised if the starting XI would be much different from that.
Still very strong.. but I think we can exploit it with pace on the counter.

If you get an early goal, it's a different ball game.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
all i want is a sensational performance in the next leg. lets not give up without fight! but it seems so far, because we need 3 goals this time. that seems a bit too much. i hope i am wrong.

NYJuve

Mar 15, 2006
I would do the 3-4-1-2

Buffon

Kovac
Cannavaro
Thuram

Zambrotta
Giannichedda
Emerson
Nedved

Mutu

Ibrahimovic
Trezeguet

If we score in the first 10/15 minutes, then we got a game.
But we need to stop with those damned long balls....With them Trezeguet doesn't have the skills and Ibra is always alone against the whole defense.
We need to play the ball through the midfield!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
At this point, all I can say is that the Champions League for us is about going out with at least some degree of self-respect.

We've only won by more than one goal once in this entire tournament, and that was home against Rapid Wien in the second round of the group phase (3-0). If anyone thinks this team is capable of doing that to Arsenal, given its current state/leadership, dream on. This match would have to go down in the annals of Gunners history as one of the biggest f%#$ ups of all time for them.

22-182-548 is now 22-222-608. I bet even money that Juve won't even score this next round...

NYJuve

Mar 15, 2006
I wouldn't bet money on us either BUT

- If Deportivo overcame a 1-4 against AC Milan after they were completely outplayed in S.Siro........

- If Liverpool, a mediocre team IMO, scored three times against AC Milan in 6 minutes and eventually went to win the Cup

THEN.....we have a slight chance.

And I don't see why we shouldn't fight on Wednesday... We got nothing to lose.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
serfaraaz said:
mutu should not be in starting line up after his terrible performance
What are you talking about? Mutu was one of the better players in the mdifield. Granted he is wasted on the wing. Viera was playing central defence and Emerson was a ghost. Camo decided to see how many fouls he could get before being tossed. Zlatan was charitable to the Arsenal counter attack. Thuram couldnt "control the arms". Zebina was shite. Buffon was his usual greatness but was not responsible for the goals. And Old Pinch Face just stood their and let everything go to crap. It was obvious to anyone who saw the game that Juve's two best players were Mutu and Buffon.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
NYJuve said:
I wouldn't bet money on us either BUT

- If Deportivo overcame a 1-4 against AC Milan after they were completely outplayed in S.Siro........

- If Liverpool, a mediocre team IMO, scored three times against AC Milan in 6 minutes and eventually went to win the Cup

THEN.....we have a slight chance.

And I don't see why we shouldn't fight on Wednesday... We got nothing to lose.
Both teams had their full sides and are equiped with attacking midfielders that have the ability to change the game in a moment. Juve does not.

NYJuve

Mar 15, 2006
Enron said:
What are you talking about? Mutu was one of the better players in the mdifield. Granted he is wasted on the wing. Viera was playing central defence and Emerson was a ghost. Camo decided to see how many fouls he could get before being tossed. Zlatan was charitable to the Arsenal counter attack. Thuram couldnt "control the arms". Zebina was shite. Buffon was his usual greatness but was not responsible for the goals. And Old Pinch Face just stood their and let everything go to crap. It was obvious to anyone who saw the game that Juve's two best players were Mutu and Buffon.
:disagree:
Mutu was awful, just like anybody else (besides Buffon and on a lesser extent Zambrotta) with a balck&white jersey yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)