[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (4 Viewers)

robinvanpersie

Mar 25, 2006
By the way, how does Arsenal's shitty form from the beginning of the season have anything to do with the games?

Anyway, bye, I must say this forum is one of the worst I've visited to meet opposing teams' fans.

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
Wat a bloddy disgraceful performance, it was like Juve have forgotten how to pass the ball around. The only players who were able to string some passes together were the back four.
And Crapello`s tactics...........what tactics.....it was totally non existant. When your 2-0 down, u would`ve expected Juve to batter arsenal`s defence right from the word go.......but again the same f##### ol long ball to Ibramissovic.
and some one please bloddy tell Ibra that he aint playing street football.......instead of holding the ball up, passing it around, he spent the whole game just trying his useless lil flicks.....
arsenal deserved to win.......and i have a sneaky feelin that they might go all the way........good.....when that happens i hope dp moves there if Crapello is still heading us next season

This used to be one bloddy helluva football club.....what we saw last nite was shameful

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I did not see the full match but i saw just highlights , it was just i expected it , no plan , no determination to win , nothing .
I FEEL SORRY FOR THE GUYS WHO BELIEVED IN THAT JUVE CAN QUALIFY OR AT LEAST PUT A DECENT PERFORMANCE

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
speed & skill said:
Juve are too one paced and slow for the CL
It might suit serie a but many teams in the rest of europe are playing a different game

AC Milan are more adaptable in that regard than Juve
!

Too many of your players aren't hungry enough and some are just too plain set in their ways [+ego's]
That is why Wenger sold Vieira.

A new ethos is required for the champions league.
agreed

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
This is what Crapello said:

The coach then went on to explain the reason for Kovac’s inclusion ahead of Thuram: “Kovac is more accurate with the ball at his feet, so I chose him to feed Ibrahimovic who could then either hold the ball up himself or lay it off. Zlatan showed huge desire, competing for everything; a few times he got things wrong but that was down to the opponent that he faced.”

Enough with defending Zlatan already..................i mean.....neddy, zambro played better......y is he praising ibramissovic!!!!!

juvefan

Jul 13, 2002
"“Kovac is more accurate with the ball at his feet"

Are u serious ??????
Everyone saw what Kovac play last night, He even manage to kick the ball up in the sky but at the same place twice.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,770
    BTW Match with Arsenal was Buffon's 200th game for Juve and 50th appearence in CL

Forza Gigi, you're the Man !!!

juventino19

Nov 20, 2005
    Now, was it really a huge mistake to let Cassano go to Real Madrid? We could of really used a die hard Italian player (Im extremely confident that if DP played today it would have been a bit different) to lead the attack. Im sorry but Ibra n Trez did NOTHING this game. They werent running at all. If you are gonna wear the sacred Black and White colors you give your all, no matter how hard the task may be you give everything you have to the team. Only the die hard Juve players put in an effort today Buffon, Zambrotta, Cannavaro, and even Chiellini (Notice theyre all Italian and everyone else today played like they didnt give a sh*t.) And Nedved, i feel so bad for the poor guy who always gave his all for this team and gave us so many fond memories in the passt nad in the present. I dont blame him for the red cuz I would be just as disappointed if i was him. The past few months this team has had NO heart, and its only a coincidence that when DP is out, Juventus struggle. Theres no denying he's the real maestro who brrings every1 together and thats it. I also have a suspicion that there is sumthing going on behind the scenes and it doesnt look very good.

G*O*D

Apr 6, 2006
    Buffon was only Juve player to actually walk out of Delle Alpi with his head high last night. The rest of the team was, and has been for the past months, tired and lacked resolve or passion. Although I agree that Capello bears much of the brunt of this early exodus (although this situation reminds me of the campaign Irriducibili instigated against the team and Lippi at the early 2001-2002 season), some responsibility lies with the players themselves. And this time around, it’s not enough to focus on the usual suspects (Zlatan). For example, lets take Nedved. For all his working capacity, he lacks the extra burst of speed he possessed 3 seasons ago. Now he seems to have lost the football brain that has for so long made him a campione. Last night he had 6 offsides. Four of them as the last player out on on the flank! For anybody that’s actually played organized football, it is glaringly obvious how bad this is. You, as the last player on the flank, have a complete overview of the opponents back four. There is NO excuse to burn four excellent counter-attack chances (which they would have been) through such amateurish blunders. And to lose your head and get sent off during the *best* (not saying much, but still) period of play your team has had during the game, is in NO way forgivable. Sorry Pavel, but it was unnaceptable. Zambrotta had a decent game, not much to say on that, but Canna? He may not be the best passer of the ball, but to sink 28 out of 32 attempted long balls is unacceptable by any standards, let alone those of one of the best paid defenders in the world. His innacuracy might be a product of Capellos tactics, fair enough. But to be honest, that cannot and *SHOULD NOT* let him off the hook as I’m pretty sure that hefty wage check should justify better passing ability. Besides, the header that gifted Senderos with a free chance was of the type I’ve only seen Mikael Silvestre (the king of defensive howlers) do. And Chiellini? Please. He ran and ran, but more often than not straight into two Arsenal players. Still, he recieves certain praise for the work rate.

The rest of the midfield? Where were they last night? I would have sworn Emerson and Mutu were in the starting line-up. Mutu left the bench with 10 minutes to go, and headed for the changing rooms. Great Juve heart, eh? No, it was glaringly obvious that the battle was lost in midfield. With nobody to unite the back four with the two strikers, the long-ball tactic was simply manifest to a greater extent than even Capello intended.

As for our attack, not much to say that hasn’t been said. Trez was invisible (as to be expected) and seemed stressed (like the rest of the team) when he had his two chances. Ibra wasn’t as bad as many of you would have us believe. Three of the four chances we created were his products (nod-downs to Zambrotta and Nedved) and his deflected shot after shedding Touré.

All in all, another CL fiasco.

P.S Don’t bring Lippi back again. LeGuen would do us better.

OP
    Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,776
    joe5 said:
    We are the loosers:cry:
    Then what are Interistas ? or any guy who supports Napoli for example. You cheer for club not because of bad days, but because of great emotions you had in past, togetha.

Forza Juve Per Sempre !!!

Jul 5, 2005
    speed & skill said:
    Juve are too one paced and slow for the CL
    It might suit serie a but many teams in the rest of europe are playing a different game

AC Milan are more adaptable in that regard than Juve!

Too many of your players aren't hungry enough and some are just too plain set in their ways [+ego's]
    That is why Wenger sold Vieira.

A new ethos is required for the champions league.
    You say the truth.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    G*O*D said:
    Buffon was only Juve player to actually walk out of Delle Alpi with his head high last night. The rest of the team was, and has been for the past months, tired and lacked resolve or passion. Although I agree that Capello bears much of the brunt of this early exodus (although this situation reminds me of the campaign Irriducibili instigated against the team and Lippi at the early 2001-2002 season), some responsibility lies with the players themselves. And this time around, it’s not enough to focus on the usual suspects (Zlatan). For example, lets take Nedved. For all his working capacity, he lacks the extra burst of speed he possessed 3 seasons ago. Now he seems to have lost the football brain that has for so long made him a campione. Last night he had 6 offsides. Four of them as the last player out on on the flank! For anybody that’s actually played organized football, it is glaringly obvious how bad this is. You, as the last player on the flank, have a complete overview of the opponents back four. There is NO excuse to burn four excellent counter-attack chances (which they would have been) through such amateurish blunders. And to lose your head and get sent off during the *best* (not saying much, but still) period of play your team has had during the game, is in NO way forgivable. Sorry Pavel, but it was unnaceptable. Zambrotta had a decent game, not much to say on that, but Canna? He may not be the best passer of the ball, but to sink 28 out of 32 attempted long balls is unacceptable by any standards, let alone those of one of the best paid defenders in the world. His innacuracy might be a product of Capellos tactics, fair enough. But to be honest, that cannot and *SHOULD NOT* let him off the hook as I’m pretty sure that hefty wage check should justify better passing ability. Besides, the header that gifted Senderos with a free chance was of the type I’ve only seen Mikael Silvestre (the king of defensive howlers) do. And Chiellini? Please. He ran and ran, but more often than not straight into two Arsenal players. Still, he recieves certain praise for the work rate.

The rest of the midfield? Where were they last night? I would have sworn Emerson and Mutu were in the starting line-up. Mutu left the bench with 10 minutes to go, and headed for the changing rooms. Great Juve heart, eh? No, it was glaringly obvious that the battle was lost in midfield. With nobody to unite the back four with the two strikers, the long-ball tactic was simply manifest to a greater extent than even Capello intended.

As for our attack, not much to say that hasn’t been said. Trez was invisible (as to be expected) and seemed stressed (like the rest of the team) when he had his two chances. Ibra wasn’t as bad as many of you would have us believe. Three of the four chances we created were his products (nod-downs to Zambrotta and Nedved) and his deflected shot after shedding Touré.

All in all, another CL fiasco.

P.S Don’t bring Lippi back again. LeGuen would do us better.
    excellent post, though you ought to temper it with the nickname for a chance to go incognito

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well here is my take on the game...

before any kick of the ball, i said as many ppl here already know that we will need to take any half chance we get.. that includes everything near their 18 yards box, am guessing cap stressed that as well as u could see chiellini throwing those long throws in "hope" of creating anything.
    We could make use of any half chances we got, and imo thats one of the factors that caused us to not score.

-the thing that really dissappointed me that our main gameplan, was long balls... i mean i would've understand that later on in the game but the team didnt even try to string any passes together to create something. I didnt think that ever happen against a team that had soo much pressure and the extra man really worked for them. But we didnt even try.

-everyone here wanted neddy to play in the middle of the field as a free role playmaker and that happend.but that didnt work because of two things, the first is the long balls system. the 2nd is that neddy didnt drop back to get any balls, he didnt present himself as much as imo.

- playing with a different formation wouldnt have changed anything, as we didnt see anything..the team wasnt driven at all.And the battle of midfield was won easily by arsenal. Mybe if we had a 5 man midfield that would helped but i dont think it would've changed much and our 3 at the back would get slaugthered by arsenal's counters.

to the players:

gig:MOM for us and for the game imo. If u see him throw himself numerous times, u wouldnt even guess that this guy was injured for 3 months becuz he was doing the samething. He did his part to the team.

kovac:he did well imo, outpaced a couple of times by henry..but he did his best i guess.and they didnt score so thats always good for a defender.

canna: same as kovac, defended well against henry imo. tried his best as well.

zambro:he was intact to his defensive duties this game, didnt push up much this game cuz he had henry to think of.He did well in the defensive side.And u cant blame him for not pushing up the field.He did well.had a nice volley in the first half which drifted just wide

chiellini:for his capabilities he did well.Pushed up the field as much as he could, good defensive game i think.Tried his best, but it wasnt good enough to change something.

puma:he looked tired, the same way he looked tired for the past few games. he couldnt do much as the other midfielders didnt present to him as much. Which subsequesntly led him to produce the long ball which he cant do very well.

gianni:he had a good defensive game and saved a couple of close chances for arsenal.He played to his capabalities as he cant produce anything more than the 3 meter pass.

mutu:am really dissappointed in adrian, he didnt link up with the other midfielders or zambro.However the long balls didnt help as well. But i expected more from him.

neddy:played in the center behind ibra and trezi, so he can get any knock downs from them.There wasn't much to work with for him, and i expected him to come down the field and get the ball to create plays. The first foul he did was unnecessary at all. The 2nd didnt warrent a yellow card. had a very nice shot but lehmann made a great save.

Trezi: the midfield didnt present to him with almost anything.The only clear chance for him was when eboue made a mistake and it dropped for him only to have a weak shot on goal.He would do nothing if u dont present him with something, this is which the midfield didnt do.

Ibra:there is improvements in his performances, however in this game he made some very stupid choices in very promising positions for the attack.a good example is when he shot the ball and trezi and neddy were in much better positions than for him to take the shot on his weaker foot. He moved alot and competed much, however he seems to have no understanding watsoever with trez ,neddy, and mutu.

-other options:

1-the 4-4-2 formation cant be played with both ibra and trezi upfront, it needs someone to drop down and create play. Cap should get this in his head. Either play mutu or alex upfront or forget about it.

2- blasi could've start on RB and zambro could've played on LB and push up more and link up with neddy and produce better crosses than chiellini.

3-playing the 3-5-2 with thuram in the back and zambro & chiellini on the wings, with neddy playin in the free role.

i dont know if they would've worked, and am releived am not the one who has the responsibility of makin that decision.
    Talk about wat should've happened is easy after the game is finished, again if i blame cap for something its overplaying some players, which cost us the first leg and the tie.

cap gave us the bullshit that every coach gives after a dreadfull game however he made some valid points.. all the teams that r leading the championships have a dip in form.However thats the coaches mistakes, not the players.

if we have faced arsenal a while ago, even in the 2nd round then it would've been a different story. so thats another good point.

its a shame that the fans came and almost filled the stadium but had to watch a game like this.
    The thing i liked was even towards the end, and there was no chance... the crowd was still going "biaconeri ole ole" which shows that watever happens the team will always back the team.
    I liked the jeers at the end to show the dissappointment and so the coach, the players and the management know that.

wat we can say is that we will need some changes over the summer, if we want the CL.

hope next year our chances would change

forzaa juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)