[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (6 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

#Together
Mar 29, 2006
13,488
snoop said:
Was I wrong? I don't think so, even if the 99% of the forum thinks like that.. I never said we are going to win the CL, but said it before we will win the scudetto. But could we win the CL? you need a good squad and luck to win the cl, so yes If all the goddamin red cards didn't fly in the air,

Capello has succeded two years in a Row to bring us two scudettos, I apreciate him for that, and I will support him as long as he is our manager, that is bringing more trophies.. But, he failed in Europe last season to The champion, and maybe he failed again against the future champion too ;)
Lets face it, its always inevitable when a manager always players the same fricking formation throughout the season, with the same fricking players.. this is bound to happen. How serious was he about the CL. This is more to do with commitment and effort I really dont think he even gives a sh*t about the CL. If he at any point felt he didnt have a decent team he should have called moggi into the scene to fetch some players. Also why on earth did we buy viera when we have an already scudetto winning team. The whole point was to tighten that midfield as liverpool made him aware of. Its not too suprising that the players are tired infact you dont see many coaches out there who actually use 15 players out of a 22 man squad throughout the season. The other 7 as far as his concerned are only there to keep his misreable bench life active. Also what we lacked against liverpool last season was an attacking midfielder too.. yet coincidently capello sticks to the defensive side of things and believes mutu will ironically do the job. If players suck he should simply take them off, his way too biased. In my eyes his only achieved what he has due to having a great team. As a manager he really has limited knowledge. Lippi in the second part of his career with us no doubt sucked and as for ancelotti, I dont care what people say but he certainly brought out the best from some of the players, a fresh approach and even earned the highest number of points. Ferguson is worldly reknowned as the best coach in terms of squad rotation ffs he will even use saha ahead of nistelrooy simply because the latter is losing form and rightly so. Whilst mourinho although may be all talk he certainly spends rotated his squad well at not only chelsea but also fc porto. A manager needs to have a feel of the club, needs to try something new in training, needs to keep back up plans. This manager unfortunately doesnt know crap.

Also to highlight, he hasnt got the second scudetto just yet, although it may seem likely we are going to win it. I feel if he keeps putting on the lazy buggers as always we may either scrape it or end up losing it. The only good side to this is that milan are in the CL semi final which lets there focus spread on the bredth than the depth of the competitions which is good news for capello as he only has the scudetto now to concentrate on, not saying that it really does seem that was his initial priority from the start.
 

JCK

Biased
Premium
May 11, 2004
112,994
PhRoZeN said:
Theres only one thing I can say, I cant see capello leaving, as much as we may hate him, as much as a clown he may be. Moggi and Giraudo seem to love him and in reality we cant do much about that. Lets face it im already preparing my wounds for the next CL campaign... if we take on an english team again next season we are shagged. We cant handle the way the play, TBH we couldnt even handle werder either. I sense another good half of a season followed by a tiring second. Deja vu will continue until that twat of manager fvuks off to real madrid or even hell. Lifes glum, lifes pathetic.

On a reality prospect I feel serie A is no doubt important and with the way we are playing now I wont be suprised if fiorentina even take advantage of that. Another scudetto it is (hopefully) but last nights performance was a shade of tuesdays. Yes we didnt concede. Yes we attacked. But we didnt really didnt create many chances. Infact the ridicolous and most hillarious part is that it took us uptill the 150 minutes to actually have a shot ON TARGET at arsenal. The opposition defended well but lets face it our team in general sux.
You said our problem against English teams, then you said that we couldn't handle Bremen either. I was going to comment that it is not the English teams we cannot play againstm but it is teams that are not in the Serie A. Or not even that, wit time even the teams in Serie A wether small or big, medium or moderate, they are starting to learn how to play against us and even humiliate us.

Why is that do you think?

Simply because the coach has no clue and relies in the same effortless tactics by feeding the ball from any corner on the field to ONE player who is not able to handle a pass given to him three meters away. Zlatan might have been good last year, but he's a disaster this year. From the beginning of the season he was horrible, he did not improve one bit and he did not even try to improve.

Capello does not even see that, because had he seen that the player he's revolving the team around is in shape down the drain, he would have made an effort to fix that.

Capello complains about squad depth. Wasn't it he who loaned out several players like Tudor and Tacchinardi?

Enough with his bullshit and excuses, there is no excuse bu himself for the losses, not English teams, not teams that have young players nor teams that have better fittness. If these are his problems, he should have found a way to deal with them much earlier in the season, not complain about them after the damage is not recoveralbe.
 
Dec 26, 2004
10,602
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capello stands up for Juve Wednesday 5 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus were booed off the field at the Stadio Delle Alpi, but Fabio Capello has defended their performance against Arsenal.

“I think we put in a good performance against a side that focuses on the counter-attack. We created some chances and didn’t make the most of them, while we gave Arsenal a few opportunities as well, but I complimented my squad and could not have asked for more effort,” insisted the Coach.


The Bianconeri had a mountain to climb after losing the first leg 2-0 at Highbury, but couldn’t go past a 0-0 in Turin and saw Pavel Nedved sent off – their third red card in two Champions League games.


“It certainly isn’t easy to carry on in two competitions, but Arsenal are on fine form at the moment and it would’ve been better to face them a few months ago when they were struggling. Their pace is a particular problem when you’re chasing the game.”


The recent sluggishness has been blamed on Capello’s refusal to rotate the squad, but he claimed the statistics did not back this up.


“I balanced out the squad and the only one who played perhaps too much was Fabio Cannavaro, while everyone else has rested for one reason or another. All the teams who are leading their domestic Divisions are off form at the moment and that is only natural.”


The fans turned on the team in the final stages, unveiling banners urging the players to ‘get out their b…s’ with particular jeers aimed at Zlatan Ibrahimovic and calling for Alessandro Del Piero.


“I hope we can end the season on a positive note. We needed the help of the supporters and there was nothing more we could’ve done, so it was ungenerous of the fans to jeer,” said Capello. “I am very happy with the way Ibrahimovic played. Del Piero is an important player for Juve, so we need the fans to help us rather than create splits within the squad. It’s counter-productive.”


In the absence of the injured Del Piero, Juventus seem to lack ideas and creativity in midfield, relying heavily on the long ball game for Ibrahimovic.


“When you’re playing against a team that puts 10 men behind the ball, it’s inevitably going to become difficult to find space. Towards the end we made a few errors, but before Nedved’s red card we did some good things.”


Capello caused shocks before the game by leaving Lilian Thuram on the bench in favour of ex-Bayern Munich man Robert Kovac.


“I needed a central defender who could pass the ball forward to Ibrahimovic faster, and Kovac is a little more accurate in his passing than Thuram. That’s all there is to it.”

The Bianconeri had insisted in the summer that their primary objective was the Champions League, but once again they have crashed out in sluggish manner at the quarter-final stage.


“When you start the season there are two objectives for a Coach and he always puts the Champions League a little bit higher than the domestic title. It’s not easy to win in Europe, but we will try again. Arsenal are a tough side to face at the moment, so they’re definitely contenders for the trophy,” concluded Capello.


Former Juventus star Thierry Henry was interviewed by Sky Italia after the final whistle and explained the secret to Arsenal’s success.


“We cannot say it was easy, but we played like men and defended as a team tonight. Our great first leg allowed us to sit back more in Turin and we couldn’t expect to always play like we did at Highbury. It was very important for us not to concede an early goal,” said the Frenchman.


Milan go on to face Barcelona in the semi-finals, while Arsenal will cross paths with fellow revelations Villarreal – neither of these two sides have ever reached this stage before.


“We’ve proved against Juventus and Real Madrid that we can close them down and progress, but I wouldn’t say we were favourites, as Villarreal have also impressed. It’s going to be a very difficult tie.”


What a jenious plan :ferocious
 

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
28,186
PhRoZeN said:
Lets face it, its always inevitable when a manager always players the same fricking formation throughout the season, with the same fricking players.. this is bound to happen. How serious was he about the CL. This is more to do with commitment and effort I really dont think he even gives a sh*t about the CL. If he at any point felt he didnt have a decent team he should have called moggi into the scene to fetch some players. Also why on earth did we buy viera when we have an already scudetto winning team. The whole point was to tighten that midfield as liverpool made him aware of. Its not too suprising that the players are tired infact you dont see many coaches out there who actually use 15 players out of a 22 man squad throughout the season. The other 7 as far as his concerned are only there to keep his misreable bench life active. Also what we lacked against liverpool last season was an attacking midfielder too.. yet coincidently capello sticks to the defensive side of things and believes mutu will ironically do the job. If players suck he should simply take them off, his way too biased. In my eyes his only achieved what he has due to having a great team. As a manager he really has limited knowledge. Lippi in the second part of his career with us no doubt sucked and as for ancelotti, I dont care what people say but he certainly brought out the best from some of the players, a fresh approach and even earned the highest number of points. Ferguson is worldly reknowned as the best coach in terms of squad rotation ffs he will even use saha ahead of nistelrooy simply because the latter is losing form and rightly so. Whilst mourinho although may be all talk he certainly spends rotated his squad well at not only chelsea but also fc porto. A manager needs to have a feel of the club, needs to try something new in training, needs to keep back up plans. This manager unfortunately doesnt know crap.

I am not saying anything different here. Good managers have down moments too, I don't know If you are aware that Lippi had 1 very bad season with Inter Milan, and he also had 2 seasons with Juventus without Trophies, and also had moments that I was as sick as I am now when i watched Juve play, boring and defensive football. These things happens with Managers, you can't throw all their trophies and sucess away just because of few bad seasons..

I am with you about the transfer policy, It was a very wrong policy to bring old players in. Surely Capello must have his word then, if the squad is not enough for him, but as it seemed, it wasn't enough to win both scudetto and CL.

Also to highlight, he hasnt got the second scudetto just yet, although it may seem likely we are going to win it. I feel if he keeps putting on the lazy buggers as always we may either scrape it or end up losing it. The only good side to this is that milan are in the CL semi final which lets there focus spread on the bredth than the depth of the competitions which is good news for capello as he only has the scudetto now to concentrate on, not saying that it really does seem that was his initial priority from the start.
Well hopefully he is going to win the Scudetto, in which it is 90% ours, since Milan has some hard games too to face, (Inter Milan).. Who cares If milan will concentrate on CL and won't on Serie A, that's not an excuse, from your words I am concluding that Milan is the sucessfull club and not us, they didn't guarantee anything yet, they might end up trophy-less for the second season in a row, how about that? that sounds more pathetic isn't it?
 

Brixity

Senior Member
Feb 8, 2006
1,332
There was a point during the game when Gigi made a save at Henry's feet and got soccerboot in his ribs. He was hurt bad but when some players wanted to stop the game and put the ball outa play, he refused, just wanted to get on with it......

FORZA GIGI
 

PhRoZeN

#Together
Mar 29, 2006
13,488
Jeeks said:
You said our problem against English teams, then you said that we couldn't handle Bremen either. I was going to comment that it is not the English teams we cannot play againstm but it is teams that are not in the Serie A. Or not even that, wit time even the teams in Serie A wether small or big, medium or moderate, they are starting to learn how to play against us and even humiliate us.

Why is that do you think?

Simply because the coach has no clue and relies in the same effortless tactics by feeding the ball from any corner on the field to ONE player who is not able to handle a pass given to him three meters away. Zlatan might have been good last year, but he's a disaster this year. From the beginning of the season he was horrible, he did not improve one bit and he did not even try to improve.

Capello does not even see that, because had he seen that the player he's revolving the team around is in shape down the drain, he would have made an effort to fix that.

Capello complains about squad depth. Wasn't it he who loaned out several players like Tudor and Tacchinardi?

Enough with his bullshit and excuses, there is no excuse bu himself for the losses, not English teams, not teams that have young players nor teams that have better fittness. If these are his problems, he should have found a way to deal with them much earlier in the season, not complain about them after the damage is not recoveralbe.
I dont think his complaining at all infact for the arsenal match he just cursed the few minutes the conceded the first goal. As for squad depth if im right I dont think his complained about that too simply because he didnt learn his lesson from liverpool. Its hard to believe that capello didnt see anything at all. Infact TBH im getting the feeling he already knew his team couldnt win the CL or rather hoped that his team would scrape through every team he faces. Lets face it we have a better chance against a team who doesnt attack against us as we have "quality" finishers.. or rather HAD quality finishers in the space of dp and trez. Not saying dp isnt now but what we are seeing quite often in the matches before the werder were wins where we didnt entirely play decent. Infact coming to think of it there aint many matches I can recall where we totally outclassed a side. Capello of course being whatever he is didnt care about this matter and always chose results over performance, little to know that that same belief has come to haunt the side his managing. He has no concern for performance whatsoever infact his more happy to play defensive throughout 90 minutes and sneak a goal than even try getting a goal in the first place. His a lucky manager, and "luckily" he is gonna stay with us :rolleyes2:
 

del pietro

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
900
I aint gonna lay blame on anyone.. what happened, happened. I jus wanna give praise to the main man last night... PAVEL NEDVED.

IMO the team played well.. we played attacking football right from the start.. the formation was cliche.. but IMO the 4-4-2 is what saved us from conceding.. One reason everyone is bashing Cappello is for the formation. It was the only way we could have dealt with the counter from arsenal. Keep in mind we have no real playmaker in the squad.. Nedved played everywhere last night. Juve had no DISTINCT playmaker. Ibra did shit all.. tried a few layoffs but didnt work.. Trez had only 1 real chance.. when Balzaretti came on we created more.. but simply arsenal's defence was awesome.. there was nothing more Juve could have done with the players we had. Capello's choice to put out the 4-4-2 was the best option on the night.. and u can argue all u want but its my opinion.. I do however agree that Juve need a playmaker. I think we need to adapt to a 4-3-1-2 formation once we have the right players... however considering our circumstances last night... juve gave their best, and im proud of of the team.. FORZA JUVE!
 

PhRoZeN

#Together
Mar 29, 2006
13,488
snoop said:
Well hopefully he is going to win the Scudetto, in which it is 90% ours, since Milan has some hard games too to face, (Inter Milan).. Who cares If milan will concentrate on CL and won't on Serie A, that's not an excuse, from your words I am concluding that Milan is the sucessfull club and not us, they didn't guarantee anything yet, they might end up trophy-less for the second season in a row, how about that? that sounds more pathetic isn't it?
Milan aint more succesful than us in that terms but rather on a better form than us. Currently we are even strugling to score goals thats the problem.. seriously if we continue to play like this even inter has a better chance in overtaking us. What im really trying to say is that because milan will be concentrating more on the CL and as they are the team in form you would think they will certainly seem more determined to beat barca than spend more emphasis on the saturday match prior to their CL game. This is certainly an advantage and no doubt, but in the future this wont be as you rightly said fresh and young players are needed and "fresh tactics".
 

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
28,186
PhRoZeN said:
Milan aint more succesful than us in that terms but rather on a better form than us. Currently we are even strugling to score goals thats the problem.. seriously if we continue to play like this even inter has a better chance in overtaking us. What im really trying to say is that because milan will be concentrating more on the CL and as they are the team in form you would think they will certainly seem more determined to beat barca than spend more emphasis on the saturday match prior to their CL game. This is certainly an advantage and no doubt, but in the future this wont be as you rightly said fresh and young players are needed and "fresh tactics".
I got your point, but still We will win it because we deserved the scudetto, and not because Milan will focus on CL.. SerieA is 38 games, and not just one games or two, that Milan will lose the scudetto because of them.. Just as much as Capello responsible For CL's Failure, he is responsible equally for Scudetto's sucess..


And About the Tactics, Capello that I know is better than these long balls bullshit, I saw him at Roma and Real.. whoever is responsible of this transfer policy (probably Moggi), he should open his eyes, and realize that we need to buy those atacking players out there .. Mancini is a good way to start.

If we get rid of Zebina, and sell Camoranesi and Zlatan for good money, we can bring some good atacking players. and we can't rely on Nedved anymore, he is a true player and all, but next year, he will be one more year older, I don't think he is a starter anymore, but he would make a great sub Like Del piero, to save the team when he is needed..
 

PhRoZeN

#Together
Mar 29, 2006
13,488
snoop said:
I got your point, but still We will win it because we deserved the scudetto, and not because Milan will focus on CL.. SerieA is 38 games, and not just one games or two, that Milan will lose the scudetto because of them..
TBH them one or two matches will certainly make the difference especially as we are almost towards the end of the season. Although this aint a prediction but it does seriously help our chances of winning it despite winning the scudetto being in our own hands.


snoop said:
And About the Tactics, Capello that I know is better than these long balls bullshit, I saw him at Roma and Real.. whoever is responsible of this transfer policy (probably Moggi), he should open his eyes, and realize that we need to buy those atacking players out there .. Mancini is a good way to start.
Yep, but moggi cant buy anyone without capello agreeing, his the manager and thats why equally he is to blame about the crap players we have bought.

snoop said:
If we get rid of Zebina, and sell Camoranesi and Zlatan for good money, we can bring some good atacking players. and we can't rely on Nedved anymore, he is a true defender and all, but next year, he will be one more year older, I don't think he is a starter anymore, but he would make a great sub Like Del piero, to save the team when he is needed..
Although personally I would hate camo going simply because he is one the few players that have shined this season (taking the arsenal game away). I however agree with the rest of the points the main theme lies in bringing in youngsters. :agree:
 

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
13,725
Juve_25 said:
Welcome to the forum!

First: I don't think we need a masive change. I'll be more than happy if cap is out of here.

Second: Its true we need a playmaker, maybe riquelme is the indicated. But we won't play with him until Crap442ello leaves.

Third: what the hell? How can you say Nedved is a piece of shit? He was one of the best players today of juventus (excluding buffon). I mean he fought for all balls, he ran like a bitch, he was defending, he was attacking...One thing is that he got mad because anyone helped him, so he freak out and get that silly red card. But let me tell you: you won't find players like him very easily.
You won't find a player like him.Because he is the guy who likes the team for which he is playing,and yes I agree that Nedved was one of the best last night,and he didn't earn that red card purposely,because he fallen on the ground after that and felt really bad about it!
 

JCK

Biased
Premium
May 11, 2004
112,994
PhRoZeN said:
Milan aint more succesful than us in that terms but rather on a better form than us. Currently we are even strugling to score goals thats the problem.. seriously if we continue to play like this even inter has a better chance in overtaking us. What im really trying to say is that because milan will be concentrating more on the CL and as they are the team in form you would think they will certainly seem more determined to beat barca than spend more emphasis on the saturday match prior to their CL game. This is certainly an advantage and no doubt, but in the future this wont be as you rightly said fresh and young players are needed and "fresh tactics".
Milan have always been more successful than us in Europe, nothing new here.
 

PhRoZeN

#Together
Mar 29, 2006
13,488
Jeeks said:
Milan have always been more successful than us in Europe, nothing new here.
Theres misinterpretation here what I meant was that milan aint as succesful in the league the context that we were talking about was the league and how they may drop more points when they concentrate for their CL campaign. Sorry for my bad english.
 

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
28,186
PhRoZeN said:
TBH them one or two matches will certainly make the difference especially as we are almost towards the end of the season. Although this aint a prediction but it does seriously help our chances of winning it despite winning the scudetto being in our own hands.
yeah but those two games are part of the 38 games, so that's their problem ;)



Yep, but moggi cant buy anyone without capello agreeing, his the manager and thats why equally he is to blame about the crap players we have bought.
not every transfer is like that. sometimes a player comes because of the manager's request, sometimes other comes because of director's request (Moggi)
in both case, Capello's is responsible too in the end. after all he is responsible for the success, he might resign, IF he is not getting the players he want.
 

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
13,725
snoop said:
And About the Tactics, Capello that I know is better than these long balls bullshit, I saw him at Roma and Real.. whoever is responsible of this transfer policy (probably Moggi), he should open his eyes, and realize that we need to buy those atacking players out there .. Mancini is a good way to start.
Capello wanted Vieira,he brought Zebina and Emerson,so it is not up to Moggi....and now he is putting some conditions :"bring here Gerrard or I'm leaving."
 

JCK

Biased
Premium
May 11, 2004
112,994
PhRoZeN said:
Theres misinterpretation here what I meant was that milan aint as succesful in the league the context that we were talking about was the league and how they may drop more points when they concentrate for their CL campaign. Sorry for my bad english.
No worries :)
 

JCK

Biased
Premium
May 11, 2004
112,994
PhRoZeN said:
How i so wish that would happen :party:
Actually I wish he's sacked rather than he resigning himself. That way the management will realize that he's the mistake and look to correct it.
 

PhRoZeN

#Together
Mar 29, 2006
13,488
Jeeks said:
Actually I wish he's sacked rather than he resigning himself. That way the management will realize that he's the mistake and look to correct it.
hmm true, but the chances of him being sacked are slimmer.. so i would go for the quick option.. although im not so sure how that may shape up in the long run.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)