[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (2 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Intro said:
It is this reason Emerson-Vieira should be split up this summer.
Well said.

Intro said:
Is Capello that man?
NO

Intro said:
But you are not alone Chelsea, Bayern, Juve and Lyon all have this in common now - resignation that they are not good enough.
Chelsea will only go out there and spend spend spend, infact they may be even close to the winning the CL next season nothing too wrong just yet..

Bayern and Lyon both went out with a bang they tried and were unlucky. But both teams certainly were not humiliated. We? certainly were.

Intro said:
Also please tell me this crazy idea I here of everyone here asking for Riquelme? Do they understand that firstly, he would never come? And secondly, to be a success the whole structure of the team would need to be changed as it is know that the Argentine has to run the WHOLE midfield to be successful.
Agree with the first point the chances are slim, but then everyones dreaming..
The second point isnt entirely true. Riquelme has Senna and usually tacchi behind him in the shape of two defensive midfielders. Villareals style of play isnt too much different from ours although it certainly may seem a little more effective. Riquelme should settle in easily he would be given a starting line up chance something which he couldnt get in barca. Riquelme could ideally be the next zidane for us, he aint the fastest but has some precision passes and still manages to keep his balance and at the same time keeping his position. Also capello loves long balls. Tell you what Riquleme would be the perfect person for him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Intro said:
Not really. The way I see it is most teams have between 4-5 attacking players withing a team. Most have 4; Milan use 5 and Barca do when they don't play with a double-pivot. So Vieira-Emerson taking the criticism is only fair in condemning their defensive performances I think. To expect more is wrong and instead the 4 attackers; Nedved, Camoranesi, Zlatan and Trez are the ones responsible for making the attack. It is the quality of those four that I consider Juve one of the LEAST dynamic of attackers in Europe.
Yes but the mentality is attacking nevertheless Viera and emerson are expected to go up and help the four. Milan only have one ideal defensive midfielder in the shape of gattuso and that seems enough whilst in reality it is 5 or even 6 for milan that push up to attack. The same goes for barca heck even there defenders are genuine attackers. We however aint got the right players for that and also aint got the right tactics to emulate that either. Infact to say that emersons and viera partnership will work as long as so and so will play like this to half a dozen of the players is asking way too much. Change them there really aint no need or ask more in terms of attacking.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Villarreal start play with a flat 4-4-2 as well. Riquelme takes the right or left usually but then he comes into the middle and runs the whole game. It's slow-slow-slow and everything runs through him. It makes a team very one-dimensional despite the magic he can produce. As for his price going up - I'm not too sure. Let's see how he plays if Messi steals his mantle in the Argentina team. It's this reason I'm not expecting him to have the biggest impact in the World Cup or not as big as he could. It's like when he was at Barca and deemed a failure - I don't think he looks half as good as when he is allowed to be the star man.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Intro said:
Villarreal start play with a flat 4-4-2 as well. Riquelme takes the right or left usually but then he comes into the middle and runs the whole game. It's slow-slow-slow and everything runs through him. It makes a team very one-dimensional despite the magic he can produce. As for his price going up - I'm not too sure. Let's see how he plays if Messi steals his mantle in the Argentina team. It's this reason I'm not expecting him to have the biggest impact in the World Cup or not as big as he could. It's like when he was at Barca and deemed a failure - I don't think he looks half as good as when he is allowed to be the star man.
Rightly said slow but effective, which rounds our whole team up. Instead of changing all of the team getting rid of half a dozen players its best just bring a piece of cog that can make the engine work. Its a fast solution although in the long run it may have adverse reactions.

Apr 6, 2006
I'M NEW HERE,

IS IT JUST ME OR IS ANYONE ELSE SICK OF LOSING TO ENGLISH TEAMS WHO CAN'T EVEN WIN THE PREMIERSHIP! MAN.UDT,LIVERPOOL AND NOW ARSENAL IF JUVE HAS TO PLAY AN ENGLISH TEAM IN KNOCKOUT STAGES WE WILL NEVER WIN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE AGAIN! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH! DAMN ENGLAND!!!!!!!!

FORZA JUVE!!!!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
juventinocanada said:
I'M NEW HERE,

IS IT JUST ME OR IS ANYONE ELSE SICK OF LOSING TO ENGLISH TEAMS WHO CAN'T EVEN WIN THE PREMIERSHIP! MAN.UDT,LIVERPOOL AND NOW ARSENAL IF JUVE HAS TO PLAY AN ENGLISH TEAM IN KNOCKOUT STAGES WE WILL NEVER WIN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE AGAIN! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH! DAMN ENGLAND!!!!!!!!

FORZA JUVE!!!!
:lol: welcome and sorry about laughing im sick and tired too.. infact its reached a point where we are all echoing the same points and feel that nothing will happen..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
juventinocanada said:
I'M NEW HERE,

FORZA JUVE!!!!
Good start with your racism. Welcome.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Jeeks said:
But Mutu never played upfront.
Precisely. Mutu would have been a good signing if Juventus had actually got rid of Del Piero (shock! horror!). There is still time for that to happen so nothing lost here yet. Actually that is a good point - would you want to see Alex go if it means seeing Mutu actually being effective? I would as brave decisions are needed.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Intro said:
Precisely. Mutu would have been a good signing if Juventus had actually got rid of Del Piero (shock! horror!). There is still time for that to happen so nothing lost here yet. Actually that is a good point - would you want to see Alex go if it means seeing Mutu actually being effective? I would as brave decisions are needed.
Mutu can play as a forward with Alex in the team. We all know Alex cannot start ALL games; however, rotation is Capello's cruelest enemies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Intro said:
embrace yourself for the del piero faithful.. you wont be the favourite amongst this board thats for sure. Personally the man that should go is ibrahimovic his overly rated.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
PhRoZeN said:
embrace yourself for the del piero faithful.. you wont be the favourite amongst this board thats for sure. Personally the man that should go is ibrahimovic his overly rated.
He's not a Juventus fan, just so you know :p

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Let's hope Arsenal do not reach the final - it will save me some embarrassment as I calculated an English side reaching the final in 2011 and coming back heroically to win. After Man Utd's late turnaround in 1999 and Liverpool from 3-0 last year it would have been Chelsea with 8 men with Mourinho coming off the bench to score the winner!

...but Mourinho won't be there in 2011 will he? Juve perhaps?

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Intro said:
why should del piero go? he is a good player to have come on and do damage, he is a true juventino, getting rid of him would be a mistake

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Intro said:
Let's hope Arsenal do not reach the final - it will save me some embarrassment as I calculated an English side reaching the final in 2011 and coming back heroically to win. After Man Utd's late turnaround in 1999 and Liverpool from 3-0 last year it would have been Chelsea with 8 men with Mourinho coming off the bench to score the winner!

...but Mourinho won't be there in 2011 will he? Juve perhaps?
Inter might get him and probably win the Scudetto after all this wait.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
I will get a worse reaction once I am outted as a Milan fan :D

But along with the midfield, a striker hierarchy would be my next priority if I were in charge. Sadly, given Del Piero's age and legacy at Juve releasing him would set the signal of intent required. Just imagine Mutu/Zlatan with Trez with a decent midfield. Del Piero would not be needed nor would Zalayeta just a younger striker whoever that would be.

I will think about the midfield a little more...

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Intro said:
I will get a worse reaction once I am outted as a Milan fan :D

But along with the midfield, a striker hierarchy would be my next priority if I were in charge. Sadly, given Del Piero's age and legacy at Juve releasing him would set the signal of intent required. Just imagine Mutu/Zlatan with Trez with a decent midfield. Del Piero would not be needed nor would Zalayeta just a younger striker whoever that would be.

I will think about the midfield a little more...
get in the queue :p

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Tedi Issajanian said:
@ IncuboRossonero

SPETTATORI: 46.031 - juventus.com

You said; "they say 50,000 but friends told me tonight there was not over 40 thousand Juve fans and never made much noise"

Never made much noise? Excuse me, but are you deaf? Curva Sud sang(?) the whole match!

Andate e lavorare! Non mollare mai!
Those two phrases you wrote contradict eachother ...

one is GO TO WORK (an insult to Juve players)

the other is "Don't give up"

makes no sense...

secondly Curva's always sing its what they do but when people simply sing along its one thing....when the WHOLE STADIUM sings along like at San Siro where 70,000 fans (minus the 10,000 for Lyon) sing even when there is 5 minutes left and your team is facing elimination is ANOTHER THING..

I am not deaf...after the match Capello, Bettega and Moggi stated that the "fans let them down".....

Then again lack of support at Delle Alpi is nothing new

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)