[CL] JUVENTUS 2-0 Olympiakos [September 27th 2017] (6 Viewers)

vote

• Barzagli

• Chiellini

• Bentancur

• Douglas Costa

• Mandzukic

• Higuain

Results are only viewable after voting.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Higuain benched for Olympiakos?
By Football Italia staff

Despite reports yesterday that Juventus could switch to a 3-4-3, it now looks likely to be 4-2-3-1 with Gonzalo Higuain benched.

The club’s record signing didn’t start in the Derby della Mole with Torino on Saturday night, but it was expected he’d be restored to the starting XI for tonight’s Champions League clash.

Given the dearth of right-backs available to Coach Massimiliano Allegri, it was thought the Bianconeri could play a 3-4-3, with Mario Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala flanking Higuain.

However, Sky is now reporting that Stefano Sturaro will play at right-back in the familiar 4-2-3-1, with Mandzukic preferred to Pipita up-front.

That would see Juan Cuadrado and Douglas Costa on the wings, with Paulo Dybala playing in the trequartista role.

Probable Juventus line-up: Buffon; Sturaro, Barzagli, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Pjanic, Matuidi; Cuadrado, Dybala, Douglas Costa; Mandzukic
I could seriously see Higuain being benched because of Allegri's comments in the pre match press conference. He said that he still hadn't decided which 4 offensive players would start

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Quote me on this:
- Juventus will play an excellent game and win with at least a two goal margin.
- Sturaro will play a superb game and make that RB spot his own for the rest of the season.
- Our front six will be fluid, lethal and give Juventuz CL glory hope.
- Dybala will officially get into the fight for CL top scorer this year.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #164
    I could seriously see Higuain being benched because of Allegri's comments in the pre match press conference. He said that he still hadn't decided which 4 offensive players would start
    @zizinho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote me on this:
    - Sturaro will play a superb game and make that RB spot his own for the rest of the season.
    Quoted.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Quote me on this:
    I will not forget!

Apr 19, 2007
    Quote me on this:
    Yeah and Trump will beat Hillary for President.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
    Sep 29, 2008
    Would love to see Stururu making that RB spot his own and play there for 10 years while people would all the time moan how we need a WC RB...but somehow I don't see it happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)