[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Jem83 said:
I said after the first game against Bremen: This is HELL and if we can get out of it alive, like that soldier in Doom 3 did, we'll have learnt a valuable lesson that will see us go all the way. I'll stick by that. I consider the "Bremen Experience", which will be the title of my new book, vital to the cause.
remember 2002/2003 :cry: lucky zalayeta goal against barcelona, we got to the final and then :cry:

Gene

Dec 10, 2005
denco said:
Is this groundhog day with a twist?
Last season Liverpool who also wear red beat Juve and went on to meet Chelsea who wear blue and they went on to win the cup. Liverpool were poor in the league especially their away form and were short of strikers. Their talisman went to Real cos he wanted to win the Cl which ironically Liverpool managed to do. After winning the Cl they came 5th and there was controversy as to whether the defending champs would allow back to defend. Who came fourth, none other than their great rivals Everton
Arsenal who play in red, are to meet Juve, they are struggling in the league especailly their away form, their talisman has left to join Juve because he wants to win Cl. If they get past Juve , they are more than likely to meet a team in blue which most likely to be Inter. If they get to win cl and come 5th , guess who are currently fourth, none other than their great rivals Tottenham
Now if the pope or anyother prominent person dies between now and our tie with Arsenal it will be time to start humming the tune to X-FILES

haha...thats very scary i must say...and that is if Inter beat Ajax to qualify... :) and i thk they would..

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Arsenal can win Champions League - Benitez

LIVERPOOL (Reuters) - Rafael Benitez believes Arsenal can repeat Liverpool's feat of last season by winning the Champions League despite struggling in the Premier League.

Arsenal, the only English representatives left, were drawn against Juventus in the quarter-finals of the Champions League in Friday's draw.

Arsene Wenger's team are fifth in the Premier League, five points behind fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur.

"Arsenal are now looking at winning the Champions League as a real target and they can do what we did last season," Benitez told reporters.

Benitez's Liverpool finished fifth last season although they beat AC Milan on penalties to win the Champions League final. Liverpool travel to Highbury on Sunday.

"Our league season was not too good and theirs is the same this season," Benitez said. "But we won the trophy when not doing well in England and I believe they can do the same."

Reuters

--

benitez really hates us?:D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Stephan said:
remember 2002/2003 :cry: lucky zalayeta goal against barcelona, we got to the final and then :cry:
it was a painful experience..It haunts me, too, as I'm sure it does all Juventini.
But I gotta tell you something...That home game against Real Madrid in 2003 is the BEST game I've ever seen and probably will ever see for as long as I live.
I'm telling you...that game is like a piece of silverware for me. It's a trophy. I watch it over and over again, and I get shivers everytime.
I'm proud of what we did in 2003.
Still, I hear ya... It was a fucked up way to lose a final, and justice ought to be done this year! FORZA JUVE!!

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
so Arsenal ha............................I wrote this prediction 3 times on Juve vs Werder thread.I just knew it!Anyway their stadium is very small & it fits exactly to our boring play.Thuram knows everything about Super Henry & he can stop him.they r only extremely fast in attack when they meet a team like Madrid but against a team like us they will be so damn slow.Anyway we will pass them with ana away draw & a home win.Viera will put his game of his life in Highbury.FORZA JUVE!

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Jem83 said:
it was a painful experience..It haunts me, too, as I'm sure it does all Juventini.
But I gotta tell you something...That home game against Real Madrid in 2003 is the BEST game I've ever seen and probably will ever see for as long as I live.
I'm telling you...that game is like a piece of silverware for me. It's a trophy. I watch it over and over again, and I get shivers everytime.
I'm proud of what we did in 2003.
Still, I hear ya... It was a fucked up way to lose a final, and justice ought to be done this year! FORZA JUVE!!
OMG man this match was really special.NEDDY NEDDY NEDDY that was the Real Nedved & the 2nd goal by Dp what a masterpiece!I watch Juve since 97 & that was the best game ever for me played by Juve.Buffon saving Figo'ds penalty.Oh man dont make me remember hese days.Losing the Final really hurt when playing a performence like this in the Semis.Anyway we will do it this year Trust me I just feel it!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tifoso Lou said:
Can someone post the schedule (of all the matches), please? Thank you

Quarter Finals
1- Benfica - Barcelona 1st leg: 28/03 2nd leg: 05/04
2- Arsenal - Juventus 1st leg: 28/03 2nd leg: 05/04
3- Ajax v Internazionale - Villarreal 1st leg: 29/03 2nd leg: 04/04
4- Lyon - Milan 1st leg: 29/03 2nd leg: 04/04

Semi Finals
Winner of QF1 - Winner of QF4 1st leg: 19 Apr Second leg: 25 Apr
Winner of QF2 - Winner of QF3 1st leg 18 Apr Second leg: 26 Apr

Final
17th of May 2006

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Tifoso Lou said:
Can someone post the schedule (of all the matches), please? Thank you
you mean the results of the draw?

Quarter-finals matches - 28/29 March and 4/5 April

1. Arsenal-Juventus
2. Lyon-Milan
3. Inter v Ajax-Villareal
4. Benfica-Barcelona

Semi-finals matches - 18/19 and 25/26 April

Arsenal-Juventus winner - Inter/Ajax-Villareal

Lyon-Milan winner - Benfica-Barcelona winner

Final - 17 May

Winner of semifinal 2 - Winner of semifinal 1

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
well, i think we are kind of lucky.

1-not meeting milan or inter, that is a good thing.
2-we didn't get to play a team whos capabilties is unknown, like werder.

in my opinion we got really lucky, arsenal should be exposed to us. I am not saying that arsenal is a weak team but, we handle the big teams much much better then small teams that play defence all the time or play the off side trap.
for some reason i feel that the draw is bost for our confidence.

cheers,:eyebrows:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Batigol said:
well, i think we are kind of lucky.

1-not meeting milan or inter, that is a good thing.
2-we didn't get to play a team whos capabilties is unknown, like werder.

in my opinion we got really lucky, arsenal should be exposed to us. I am not saying that arsenal is a weak team but, we handle the big teams much much better then small teams that play defence all the time or play the off side trap.
for some reason i feel that the draw is bost for our confidence.

cheers,:eyebrows:
well there is a big possibility of meeting inter in the next stage if we survive Henry and his gang.

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
The most important thing is we play the second leg at home. We always seem to choke away and then come back hard at Delle Alpi.

I'm excited, can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)